What exhaust do you have on your 360? | FerrariChat

What exhaust do you have on your 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by SeaNile, Mar 14, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What exhaust is on your 360?

1. Stock

2. Tubi

3. Capristo

4. Ansa

5. Fabspeed

6. Larini

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    #1 SeaNile, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
    Trying to get an idea of what everyone has on their car. I've searched a lot and read numerous posts about which is a better sounding exhaust, etc., but now I am curious about how many of what exhaust is actually out there on the cars. Does anyone run a stock setup? Seems that most everyone has an aftermarket exhaust and many of the advertised cars for sale also have exhaust upgrades. As luck would have it my car is completely stock and I am trying to do my homework. I know it ultimately comes down to personal preference but I also do not want to put on something that may be questioned should I decide to sell. Always trying to do my homework and be one step ahead. I've noticed pretty much whatever brand is on the owner's car is the best exhaust out there and I am OK with that as a reply.

So...what exhaust do you have?? Stock, Tubi, Capristo, Ansa, X-ost, Fabspeed, Larini, ect...

Thanks!

John

2. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
  3. kennb355

kennb355 Rookie

May 11, 2004
    Elburn,Illinois
    Full Name:
    Ken B
    I had a 355 with stock exaust and it sounded like an f1 car.
    I just got a 360 spyder last week. After taking it out for the first time today, I think this sounds more like a bus !!
    From what i have read and heard on youtube,Ithink a Capristo is in the near future.

4. Argento6spd360modena

Argento6spd360modena Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2009
    Timate Titanium + Kinetix Racing hi flow cats.

5. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    capristo and straight pipes, anything less then you area ***** ;0)

6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Tubi. However, the best sounding is the CS exhaust with the bypass valves pulled, pure music!

7. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I love the sound of my Tubi!

8. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Capristo on my CS with the stock one in the garage. Might change back one day

9. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    When I had my 360, I had a Stage II Tubi bolted onto the stock cats. Sound was awesome.

Frank

10. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    Remus. Not on list.

11. f0430z

f0430z Karting

Sep 27, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    fz
    tubi all the way... just installing Fabspeed sport cats this week, which should make it sound even better!

12. ferrari 512 tr

ferrari 512 tr F1 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Paolo
    nice

is there much difference with the capristo with stock cats in sound?
    compared to the straight pipes?
    what level is yr cappy

13. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    there's a CS with straight pipes and capristo in our area and the guy won't even drive it anymore it's too f'n loud. i think he's converting it back now. his cats were removed as well i believe.

my older 360 spider I added Tubi to and it sounds much better than a stock 360 imho

14. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i have the fuchs system

15. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Capristo Level 3. Adding a set of either test pipes or HiFlow Cats next

16. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    360 6 speed Tubi w Test pipes no Cats sweet

17. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    Mine is Stock, but I have the exhaust in-line valves locked open so the sound is sweeter and it only cost me about $2.00 and maybe 45 minutes of my time.

18. Schumi76

Schumi76 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marco
    X-OST. Very similar to Tubi and cheaper.

19. VanillaSky

VanillaSky Rookie

Jun 10, 2009
    Sweden (Malmö)
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I am going to buy a new exhaust for my 360 this spring (I have stock now).

I am thinking:

1. Capristo
    2. Kreissieg
    3. CS Ferrari OEM (does the muffler fit directly without modifications?)

I want the high pitch F1 sound or the cs sound. Tubi is nice but its not my cup of tea.

What are you recommend?

Thanks in advance!
    /Daniel

20. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Well, looks like from the poll I will be the only one with a Fabspeed exhaust. Not sure if that is a good thing or not! I like the idea that they are local and should be around if I need something. I like the sound on the video clip (as much as you can by a computer) and for now can't justify the cost of some of the other options. I will be on my way tomorrow am and should have a report by the evening.

21. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    CS ("Sport") muffler fits just fine on a 360. I have driven a spider with one, and it sounded incredible. Sounded like a... well like a CS with the top down! Pull the valves for even more fun at no extra cost.

I have not heard a 360 exhaust that sounds F1 like the 355. The CS/sport exhaust is not particularly F1, buy it is awesome nonetheless.

If I were to get a 360, I would put the CS can on it, no doubt.

22. f0430z

f0430z Karting

Sep 27, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    fz
    After receiving my Fabspeed Sport Cats and seeing the excellent craftmanship I would purchase their exhaust if I didn't already have Tubi.

23. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    I voted earlier that I had a Tubi, but I got thinking....

I'll will go on record as saying that, yeah, the Tubi is definitely an improvement over the stock and is a nice mix between "normal" driving and exciting screams from the exhaust when you put your foot down, but if you want a little more over the top and full time agression then look toward the Capristo. Its more "volume to eleven" than the Tubi.

The question really is if you want to live with the noise at ALL times or just for some fun occasions?
    For me it was the latter, but then again I'm an odd fuddy duddy.

24. raywong

raywong Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Raymond
    If I have a choice again I will go for exhaust with a butterfly valve system. Mine came with Capristo non valve. I really enjoy this free flowing system, but the low rpm drone is annoying and the low end torque is terrible(1000-2000rpm). I guess it won't be an issue if you live in a place with smooth traffic, but I have to drive in stop n go traffic and uphill road. Last year I had a hole in the muffler of my Dino246, it had no low end torque due to lost back pressure. My 360 feels sort of like that now. Of course you can adjust your driving style by reving high, slipping the clutch... but I want the valve back!!

25. dons5

dons5 Rookie

Sep 9, 2004
    #25 dons5, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
    Why do so many love Capristo but fail to mention Kreissieg?? They are very similair. Both have the over the top volume, high pitch scream, Kreissieg may even be slightly better sounding but everyone goes with Capristo, ALWAYS, and never Kreissieg...hmmm??? I have even read once or twice from people who heard both in real life say Capristo is unbelievable, but Kreissieg is even more unbelievable. The build quality looks to be absolutely fantastic aswell, check out the beautiful welds. They are pretty easy to get now, just google Kreissieg. Make sure you spell it right as it seems to be spelt bout 4 or 5 different ways all over the net when I tried searching them. I love Capristo dont get me wrong.

They have a remote button, where itll go through the cats, the resonators and the mufflers, then at the push of the button you can bypass all 3 (i guess turning it into almost straight pipes). Im sure lots of companies offer this though, including Capristo.

Honestly this has to be the best sounding 355 of all time, the idle, the scream, everything, are you ready??.... turn your speakers up.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At7UuZm8VYc

430 in-car through tunnel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_2R6-i_bnw&feature=related

black 360 ripping it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgLDiPCcXR0&feature=related

O...M...G...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiP-Nsp6zs&feature=related

from 1:03 onwards (supposedly this is level 4 exhaust, love the idle, can get up to level 5 though I think maybe even a level 6 version, the level 5 supposedly screams throughout the rev range instead of only mostly in the higher rpms like this one the level 4)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbTKrBAY5OA&feature=related

512TR incar rev wow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4QM9R4HubM&feature=related

or how about an Eisenmann Exhaust (360 in video) (this one may just be a Capristo/Kreissieg beater)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IllgC4uWuQk&feature=related

or check out prototech exhaust (another possible Capristo/Kreissieg beater, check out their 360 dyno vid aswell lol)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UslfktnY0a0

also check out quicksilver (from 0:18 secs), unreal in the upper rpms (read once that this may be an actual 355 challenge exhaust rather than a quicksilver, not sure)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g4F_anvfJs

...I know this is my first post, I have been reading this forum for about 4 years now, and have been subscribed to it for around 3, I just never posted before.