What have you done to your Ferrari Today? | Page 118 | FerrariChat

What have you done to your Ferrari Today?

Discussion in '308/328' started by SteveGTB, Feb 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd
    Du_Man likes this.
  2. macarone72

macarone72 Rookie

Sep 6, 2021
  3. stoked_7

stoked_7 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2020
    USA
  4. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
  5. classicalfas

classicalfas Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2012
    Gardiner, NY
    Full Name:
    Peter D
  6. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Well, I am late, should have been engine in already in March -21. But I am at least very early for 2022 season!
    /Peter

7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Took my 328 GTB out for a spin on Saturday and brought her back into the garage with the odomoter showing exactly 60.000 kms (37.290 miles).
    Now she is toast, that's way too much...

Rgds

308 milano and Rosey like this.
  8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    That reminds me that two weeks before, I took the GTB to see a horse, about 25 miles from home. Nothing remarkable in one stallion visiting another, except that I'm not into horses at all (my sister, yes, but no me) but the story of that horse has moved the entire departement (more or less "county" if you like).
    She is a racing horse (a trotter) and that was found totally disoriented and in a state of shock at five in the morning on the A4 interstate higway, in the middle of heavy traffic - especially trucks -on the "emergency stop" lane with bad bruises and abrasions all over the legs a thighs. Somehow she felt from her van during the night when travelling from Normandy to Austria; as she is a racing horse, she has a chip, which allowed the local rescue team to find the owner who decided he didn't want to finance the vet fees, so basically said that he had no interest in that horse whatsoever anymore. A local stable took pity of the poor horse and launched a money collection on Facebook, which brought 12.000 euros in two days from all over the place. With that money, she was treated in Germany by vets, had healed well and now lives the good life in "Les écuries du Moulin à Poudre" at Macheren.
    A kind of some happiness in her bad luck, or "every cloud has a silver lining"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

RodC328gts and 308 milano like this.
  9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    "Pic or it didn't happen..."
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

RodC328gts and Rosey like this.
  10. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    People such as this former owner should not be allowed to own an animal again if that’s how they’re treated. Makes my blood boil. Good on the community for pulling together and treating her.

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Mutually shared feeling, Kim. Everyone involved in the rescue of the mare has quietly avoided to discuss it, but it is really a shame indeed.

Rgds

308 milano likes this.
  12. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    My family are all Montana Ranchers. My father had a passion for cars over horses so went into the autobody business instead. We’ve seen similar issues twice this year where people purchase horses for the “Montana experience”, then let them starve. Nothing quiet about it here and they are called out. Forced to surrender the animal or face jail time. Always people standing in line to adopt them.

sherpa23 likes this.
  13. GT4andMore

GT4andMore Karting

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Graham
    After almost 12 months in the garage recommissioning and fettling my 308 GT4 we finally hit the road together for the first time. Only 20 minutes or so of shakedown but enough to break the ice.

Amazed at how tractable she is; will dawdle happily through the villages at 20MPH in 4th and then pick up without complaint. The steering is also pleasantly light and the rear visibility incredible (using the rear view mirror as the door mirrors are shot). The only problem encountered is a weak handbrake.

I can see the fun and games are really going to kick off above 4000RPM however my cambelts are 5 years old so we are going back into the workshop in order to diffuse that particular time bomb.

Pictured here on the drive alongside its German sibling which is of a similar vintage but could not be more different.

What a great day - can't wait to put more miles - and revs.

Rosey, GordonC, robertcope and 2 others like this.
  14. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I cannot express my feelings about this in a public forum. Suffice to say that, not being into horses myself, and not having any connection with horses (except through my beloved sister, who has about a dozen of these) I found this unbelievable.
    How can one want to forget everything about an animal is way beyond me. As far as I could see for myself (= knowing almost nothing about horses), the mare is going well nowadays...I had to see her.
    Story (in French...) in the link below...

https://www.republicain-lorrain.fr/societe/2021/08/21/macheren-la-nouvelle-maison-d-irlande-cheval-tombe-sur-l-autoroute

Rgds

308 milano likes this.
  15. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Something worse happened to mine. Took it for a wheel alignment and didn't check the weather first.:eek: I've already called the insurance company...

Sent from my SM-N920I using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Hi Patrick,

It actually RAINS in a place called "Gold Coast"?

Rgds

Rosey likes this.
  17. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Is that what that stuff is?

18. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    My only hope is that the rain might loosen the glue on the fender shields !! ;) ;)

19. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    They were there when I bought it, and I'm a lousy painter, so they stay

Rosey likes this.
  20. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Same as for myself with my 328 GTB...

Rgds

21. macarone72

macarone72 Rookie

Sep 6, 2021
    And a 666

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The number of the Beast, Chapter XIII, Book of Revelation (Textus receptus)...
    But also: the sum of all numbers on a roulette Wheel; or, pronounced in Chinese, it means "everything goes smoothly"
    (it doesn't count: there is a "2" in front of the three sixes...)

Considering this is an Italian car, having taken the pic on a Friday 17th would have been much, much worse...

Rgds

23. Stenley

Stenley Karting

Oct 20, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Scott Tenley

Got the new tubi exhaust and a hill engineering spacer installed and put some good miles on mullholland drive.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Paul Kane, Rosey and miketuason like this.
  24. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    #2949 thorn, Nov 21, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    Oil change (VR1) & transmission fluid (MTL) change. Checked a couple spark plugs; they're good until the next service interval, at least.

25. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard