What have you done to your Ferrari Today? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What have you done to your Ferrari Today?

Discussion in '308/328' started by SteveGTB, Feb 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #51 greg 19425, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sorry (but if that is what you want so you can get a new toy, GREAT for you), :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    No regrets here - I live in the inner part of a big city, with little opportunity to drive it as a Ferrari should be driven. Rather than have it sit in the garage and develop problems of disuse, I'd see it go to a new owner.

No new toys for now, but as the old saying goes, never say never.

3. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    I drove mine to work and all over Fort Stewart Georgia today. My first REAL Ferrari Friday in quite a while.

PDG

sent from Io, innermost moon of Jupiter

4. bland

bland Karting

Jan 1, 2013
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tim Bland
    Started changing suspension bushings and QA1 dampners. Next it is differential seals.

TB

5. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill

(nice polish work and Dino setup)

You just mitigated one fire source. Now, please replace all the other fuel hoses to mitigate the other fire sources. I'd hate to see that polished paint burn up.

6. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    I completed engine cleaning and noise checks (rear of car on jacks). I'll trace a small oil leak and drive later.

7. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Upgrading my insurance, what a pain.

8. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I had my first (short) drive of the year :)
    I picked it up at the shop and drove it straight home, taking advantage of a dry and sunny spell in the weather.

The zippers of the rear luggage cover are broken, so I applied a Zlideon zipper. It works, but I think I need to soften the cover as it's as tight as a drum when the zipper is closed. Any recommendations for what will loosen/soften it? I suppose the cover is vinyl?

9. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Yes the cover is vinyl. I'm not aware of a method to stretch it, however there may be room to loosen the fit around the rubber seals. If you had it out to replace the zipper, you know what you're up against

10. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Pm me details George if you don't mind. Curious who you went with,what policy, value, etc. thanks!

11. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Replaced all relays and the signal flasher with new parts!

Replaced filters for cabin air.

12. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares
    Today I've simply washed her :)
    Very carefully!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk.

13. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    #63 guygowrie, Mar 1, 2014
    Sunny but cold here, heavy snow expected tomorrow, roads are in a sad state. So, pushed 10402 it out of the garage, connected battery, started, ran it for a few minutes, lifted the rear on jack stands, changed oil (7.5 quarts so far) and filter (baldwin b253), checked transmission fluid levels, wiped her off, returned it to the garage and covered it up. Waiting for spring...

Fronts seats are out too - they were sagging so i had a trimmer add burlap and extra Pirelli strapping which really helped, there are still splits and cracks but they wont get much worse as the sagging was putting all the stress on the old leather. They are now apart, have been cleaned and are in garbage bags soaking up some leatherique. They need a re color but I think thats next winters job.

14. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    #64 guygowrie, Mar 1, 2014
  15. rkljr

rkljr Formula Junior

May 16, 2011
    South of Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Removed the passenger seat, multiple coats of Leatherique.

The passenger seat is really dirty from years of sitting before I purchased the car. The leather is also stiff and dry. I have been working to soften it and it is a little better. I am hoping letting the Leatherique work its way in will help.

The seat is still pretty dirty and I may have to get a steam cleaner to really get the dirt out.

16. RJR89

RJR89 Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    Drove yesterday and today.

17. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I moved her out of the way to get the 355 to FoLI for a special Vintage oil change day.

But it was so cold (17 degrees this morning at 9am), the tires were spinning on the frigid steep driveway trying to get her back in the garage.

Where is Spring?!?

Tomorrow is a big day for her with a host of staples to go in

18. electrogunner

electrogunner Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2013
    Amish country PA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Cleaned and reinstalled driver side window motor. Took passenger side motor out and set it aside to soak. Finished leatherique treatment on seats,console,doorpanels and armrest. Reinstalled console. Did a title transfer and . for antique tag. Enough for one day

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

19. Ladybegood

Ladybegood Karting

Feb 17, 2012
    Derbyshire, GB
    Changed the oil and filter on the engine and used superperformance magnetic sump plug, greased the handbrake system and anywhere else i thought would be good whilst under her

Dane likes this.
  20. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Began the fog light upgrade: the "Flash to Pass" lights on the QV are Cibie 35 "Airport" compact spotlights - 30 yrs old, lousy reflectors, micropitted lenses, 55W H2 halogens and powered via the tiny, tiny switch on the stalk.

I am well into researching a general lighting upgrade (HID for the headlights soon), and have decided to do the spots as well, because (a) they're lousy, (b) they're rare, and exposed to stone damage, and (c) in current wiring, they can only be used as "flash to pass", not as extra lighting. So I bought a pair of Narva Compact 100W (about the same size) and am wiring up via a relay, plus will have a separate switch. Also, they are H3 bulbs, and can be switched for high powered LEDs, which are brighter, and less current draw - H2s were used on the Ark.

21. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares
    Today I just scraped the front.
    More than the other days! :(
    I wish I could have a protection or something like that on the front bumper

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk.

22. Rich S

Rich S Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    Monterey, California
    Full Name:
    Rich Saylor
    #72 Rich S, Mar 3, 2014
    Today I took my now ready to cover new seats I've made to the upholsterer. He said he could do the work in a month. Every time I show up it'll be a month, it seems...

The seats- both are ready to upholster, now- were an absolute pain to make, but the photos show what the bare seat frames look like, uncovered of course. The seat bottoms rest on the floor pan and its carpeting. The photos also show how the back is up against the bulkhead, with the small ledge in between the bottom & upper part of the seat exposed. Though the ledge looks like it'd poke into your back, it doesn't. I will probably have the gap filled with a section of flexible, lightly padded leather to connect the seat halves, nothing rigid.

This design makes total use of all the room in the car to allow a tall driver to fit in with the targa rood on, even with some foam padding. The steel brackets that connect the 2 parts of the seats are made of 3/16" steel, bolted to the seat parts with stainless steel bolts. Eventually the brackets will be black, with polished stainless steel bolts. The seats are only attached to the sliding tracks at the front, on pivots, and are held by 1/4" clevis pins, removable in a few seconds. The tracks themselves do not need to be removed to remove the seats, as they do with the stock seats.

Cheers,
    Rich

23. klatu

klatu Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Mckinney
    I picked up my newly recorred radiator from the repair shop, and took it to my FM. Should have it back this week.

Klatu

"Gort, Klatu boradda nikto"

24. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Replaced the broken plastic hood release with a metal one from SuperFormance.

Next one you break, just bite the bullet & go metal.

25. rkljr

rkljr Formula Junior

May 16, 2011
    South of Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Installed the MA Carbon Bumper struts and installed my repaired front bumper. (When I got the car the front bumper had a bad crack on the passenger side. Repaired and recoated the bumper over the winter.)