What have you done to your Ferrari Today? | Page 73 | FerrariChat

What have you done to your Ferrari Today?

Discussion in '308/328' started by SteveGTB, Feb 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Jbrauer and thorn like this.
  2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looking at your rotors, looks like you have a 328?

Milkshaker0007 likes this.
  3. 308gts79

308gts79 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2007
    San Francisco/Hong K
  4. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I started the 308
    I don’t think it
    Likes 20 degrees
    But like a champion it started and revved nicely
    Sadly, no drive

5. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    built2grind, thorn and miketuason like this.
  6. Cuddy K

Cuddy K Karting

Oct 30, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ian Karr
    Dane and Milkshaker0007 like this.
  7. Milkshaker0007

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    After over 6 years of ownership with my 328 I have finally managed to find some replacement heater switches.
    My left hand switch had 3 yellow LED's not working and the right hand side switch the previous owner glued the top left hand corner when it must of snapped off.
    It was always something that bugged me and I'm so pleased they now function correctly and look correct.
    The OLD switches both function and work so at least my heating has always worked.

There was technical bulletin from ferrari on how to adjust the LED's and function of the heating which I did but never got them to work, so I soldered in new Yellow LED's just in case but still NO joy.so pleased I have at last found some to replace. :)
    I know it's Something so trivial and most wouldn't of bothered but me personally, I had to do it :)

Attached Files:

8. millsj

millsj Karting

Oct 17, 2011
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Where did you find the replacement switches? Both of my switches work, but all of the LED's on one of the switches stays on no matter the setting.

I'll have to check out the technical bulletin on adjustment, but I doubt that will fix my issue. It's on my list, but has never made it to the top.

9. Milkshaker0007

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Joe,
    You may be lucky then with this adjustment, it does work if you follow carefully as translation I found like a Japanese technical manual translated back into English:).

Iike I say it's taken me years to come across these, they were on ebay but I snatched them up.
    Here are the technical pages 1-3

Let me know how you get on.
    Don't try and remove switches in situ but take the four screws out and remove top section of console only.
    Two screws under ash tray, then remove the row of the four rear switched, look down with torch and remove two more screws, then you can flip console on its side and remove switches from underside outwards, save you marking the leather (as me how I know :) )

Attached Files:

10. Milkshaker0007

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Sorry about quality of documentation

What I also noticed was ferrari must of modified these switches at some time in the 328 production or changed to another supplier for what ever reason as my original switches had 3 adjustable potentiometers but my newly acquired ones had four potentiometers and the electronics inside were different ( see another :) pic)
    M is for my original
    R is for replacement

You can't make out the extra potentiometer on the picture but it's there under the cover, bottom r/h/s out of shot.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. millsj

millsj Karting

Oct 17, 2011
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thank you very much! I am going to being doing the shift shaft seal in the near future and may have the center console partially disassembled at that time. That might be a good time to play with the switches and see what I can figure out.

12. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I thankfully have 3 sets of heater switches, dont forget the diverter motors left and right if your switches are not working correctly , i replaced both of mine and now all LEDs are working along with the toggle bar on the switch

13. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #1813 ginoBBi512, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    -brand new air con system compressor and pulley and all new lines and fittings
    -brand new KYBs on all four legs
    -tensioner belts and Hill Eng bearings
    -brand new water pump
    -all new bushings front and rear
    -brand new upper and lower ball joints and tie rod ends
    -brand new front brake rotors and pads
    -all brand new gauges including 89 correct speedo and tach, fuel , water temp and oil pressure and oil temp just need a new clock mine is a work but want new
    -brand new switches console and door
    -brand new clutch and accelerator cables
    -brand new P ZEROS
    -brand new headlight , parking and driving lights
    -brand new motor lid and front lid struts
    -brand new sound system with powered sub woofer and 6 speakers and newe power amp
    -brand new windshield arms and new style blades
    -brand new red and yellow center caps , i have red installed for a change pace
    -brand new dash lights
    -brand new left right diverter motors
    -brand new fuel level sending float
    -brand new cap and rotors
    -steel braided air lines with red anodized fittings
    -new throttle sensor/ position module
    -new plugs and wires / extensions
    -new trunk cover and zipper
    -new license plate light / lenses
    -4 brand new motor mounts
    -new motor and gear oil and pan gaskets
    -new top engine torque bushing damper
    -custom aluminum air box plaqu
    -brand new engine starter motor

should be good for another 100k miles

Milkshaker0007, eyeman1234 and thorn like this.
  14. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think it’s easier to just list what’s not new then we will just assume everything else are new. :)

15. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Nicely done, Gino!

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  16. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Holy smoke! Awesome! Enjoy!

17. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    In preparation for a long drive tomorrow, I went over the car: wheel bolt torques, tire pressures, fluids, gasoline, etc.

I must have been thinking about that P.J. O'Rourke story about delivering the Magnum 308 when I twisted the nut on the radio antenna. It was loose!!! I have a factory antenna and I would hate to lose that nut. I tightened 'er up right pronto.

Then I discovered (horrors!) that the horsie on my ashtray cover was also loose! ... Glad I caught that one. Whew. Put a spot of poster tape on the back of the horse and put a squishy rubber washer on the nut side. Friction is my friend.

18. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Took my 17k mile 308 GTS to the first official Ferrari Club America meeting of the Southwest Region Chapter "Central Coast"on Jan 19, 2019. Met at Madonna Inn for lunch in San Luis Obispo, Calif.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rosey likes this.
  19. Cuddy K

Cuddy K Karting

Oct 30, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ian Karr
    Changed the O-ring and put new gaskets on the rear bank distributor. Front bank next weekend.

20. Milkshaker0007

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You lucky man, you must have the whole worlds supply of those switches then, took me 6 years to find some.:)

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  21. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Couple of minor things that had been annoying me for a long time:

- Replaced the long-dead broken power mirror switch. Mirrors now powered (and move, yay!)
    - Replaced the (dead) small light bulb in the cig lighter with an LED. $5 incl. shipping, compared to the $20-40 vintage bulbs I was barely able to find. Source/pic below, in case anyone's looking for a similar solution.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. 308gts79

308gts79 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2007
    San Francisco/Hong K
    Oengus likes this.
  23. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Passenger window on my US 85 QV was moving really sloooowww. The driver side seems to operate normally. Today I opened the door card to check it out. This was what I found. See pic.
    Same story 20 years ago when I bought my first Dino. It was running sluggish so I decided to open up the air box and found a red mechanic rag rolled up like a ball all the way up to the filter. It looks like someone shoved it in there before the paint job.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
  25. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    The for sale sign was probably taped on the window and someone lowered the window down into the door and wiped the sign off of the glass as they raised it back up.

The number ("HS346" in your case) is the number that tracks all of the interior parts designated for that particular car during assembly, you don't want someone else's yellow interior ending up in your red car. The actual number would relate to some obscure paperwork specifying what was ordered for manufacturing each car. There are several threads about these numbers, don't over think them, they are just tracking #'s.

Call the number and see what they wanted for the (your) car, maybe you will get a good story out of it.

BTW, how did your window repair work out?