What I Saw/Heard and Think | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What I Saw/Heard and Think

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Napolis, Aug 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    Jim,
    thanks. 9 weeks old and with the headphones, slept through the whole race day. I think she attracted more photo shots with those headphones than some of the cars.

George

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Jim, I don't mean to be disrespectful. Your Dino is truly a cool car.

But the best part of this vid was Sal walking away shaking his hand. Ah, to have been a fly on the wall.

Keep that flag flying, Dale.

3. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    I could not make both the Quail and Concorso this year but no one has mentioned re CI how was getting in and out of the new venue ?
    The arrangement of cars looked haphazard this year, do they have plans to change it to park by type next year ?
    Will it be on more level ground next year. Were there many cars from the 60's and earlier shown ?

4. 308gts79

308gts79 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2007
    San Francisco/Hong K
    #54 308gts79, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
    Great thread, Napolis.

I like the new venue. Most people thought CI was dead after what happened at the the Marina airport last year. It depends on your expectation but I had a good time. Lots of newer Ferraris and Lambos. Parking to the general public is at the top of the Golf course, not too bad.

There were still lots of Ferraris including 15 288GTOs, 250 GTO, Lusso and 275 among others. But to see all three BAT cars and one being driven to the stage is a rare sighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH6Zt19PZYw

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Those BATS are very special.

6. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I need to make it out there one of these days. My brother in law has offered his house any time I want to head out that way.