What is a better daily driver? | FerrariChat

What is a better daily driver?

Discussion in 'British' started by CrapsLuckyDice, Dec 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CrapsLuckyDice

CrapsLuckyDice Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I haven't decided yet, but I know in about 1-1.5years my son will need to have his own car. He hates sports cars and such so we will give him our Ford Fusion Hybrid. That being said I'm wondering what is a good daily driver. I would like to compare three models in particular:

2012 Bentley GT I'm fine with 50k miles or so
    vs
    2014 Mercedes Benz S Class AMG 63 with say 60k+ miles
    vs
    2013 BMW M6 Convertible RWD say 50k miles

I've owned a MB before so I am familiar with them to some extend and I do actually love their interior. I also don't find them overly expensive service wise. I have test drove multiple BMWs - not M series - but find their interior kind of bland and they all kind of look the same regardless of the model.

I have never even been in a Bentley but have heard so many horror stories so I'm really curious to people who have driven all three or own a Bentley is it really a money pit - e.g. worse than McLaren which I have owned myself?

Thanks.

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I would go for a 2016 s550 for an awesome daily driver I took the liberty to change your year since I know the 2014 and early 2015 had a few issues (tell me how I know) ..by 2016 the car was solid

S550 truly made for passengers as well .. the GT is not so passenger friendly

Being a daily driver .. gas mileage comes into play ..Bentley is horrible ..the MB is pretty good

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

CrapsLuckyDice likes this.
  3. CrapsLuckyDice

CrapsLuckyDice Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks. I'm definitely going to take that into consideration. As of now, I'm heavily leaning towards a Merc since my wife hates to deal with headaches and we don't want our daily to turn into something that we can't use for months on end.

flash32 likes this.