What is a good price for this 4C? | FerrariChat

What is a good price for this 4C?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by LMPDesigner, Jul 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Am thinking about buying this car. But not at list price. So was wondering what everyone thought was proper price for this car?

Here are details:

Black 2018 Alfa Romeo 4C
    Alpine Premium Audio System w/Subwoofer,
    Carbon Fiber Italian Flag Mirrors,
    Leather Trimmed Interior,
    Wheels: 18" x 7.0" Fr & 19" x 8.5" Rr Dark 5 Hole.
    Track Pkg
    Akrapovic Exhaust

List is $70k.

What would be a good asking price?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You can get a used or preowned 4C for under $45,000

myronx19 likes this.
  3. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    You can ask for a reduced price, maybe wave the shipping fee. I got a Spider and didn’t have the acropovic exhaust. It’s very expensive. So I’d look for one that didn’t have that option. That alone would knock off 3k plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Yep-Used ones are an option. Looking at those also.
    Yep-Akro exhaust expensive. But what it has.

Like this car as it is new (so more $$), black on black (what I prefer), track package (must have), proper wheels, etc.

And difficult to find black/black 4C's new about impossible (Stopped production) and used also rare.

So overall this car has all I want-except I am not spending $70K on it.

5. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Mike---Thanks for the E-bay link!!

miketuason likes this.
  6. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    I bought new. Sad to see the prices so depressed. Good thing I don’t plan on selling anytime soon...

riccardone likes this.
  7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Proper wheels( perhaps from a looks standpoint), but the car handles much better with the 18/17' wheel package especially for the track. If I remember when I bought mine I got around 13K off sticker.

8. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I have not directly compared 17/18 with 18/19 combination on the track.

I did compare "track pack" equipped (18/19) with "standard" 17/18 on bumpy roads on the street and could feel no meaningful difference in ride harshness.

Hard to believe 18/19 was purely "marketing spin" by Alfa, versus more able track performance... As I recall the track pack equipped cars had different ARB or possibly ARB on both ends versus just one end and maybe different spring rates too.

One observation on the featured car: it does not have the CF interior package which covers the instrument cluster, vent nascelles and "gearbox plate" trim piece. Needless "bling" or better looking (or both) versus the $ is a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" question. The Akrapovic exhaust is a nice option and would be $$ to add aftermarket as others have said.

Looks great!

9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #10 freshmeat, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Are there any power upgrades for this thing? I drove one and it just feels slow, and I'm not looking for a 0-60 under 3s or anything, just more of the "perception" of speed/acceleration...like I put my foot down in one and it didn't feel like it was going anywhere, but once it gets going and you throw it into the corners it becomes fun.

10. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    You have to make sure you’re in dynamic or track mode using the DNA switch on the center console.

11. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Yes, Tom 360 and Morrie have modded theirs.

12. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Yes In the "grandma" mode (Standard) car is laggy on turbo and so feels slow.

But switch to track mode and you will unleash a snarling beast that backfires, pops, hisses and goes sideways down the road every time you stomp on the go pedal. Very,very Jekyll and Hide personalilty

13. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  14. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Since I am a bit out there I bought the 19/18" wheel and tree package from a dealer and did my own test, car does not handle as well. I figured it would be that way from my experience small lightweight car with relatively short wheelbase works better with smaller wheels. I have been a bit crazy over the years about how the right (or wrong) wheels and tires can effect a car so I am always experimenting. My car is not quite as modified as Toms, but one thing the 4C is not is slow (at least not in my opinion), I have ECU done, transmission flash (to increase shift speeds), Air Box and a Sprint V3 Throttle Controller. I also changed out all the hoses and clamps (the stock ones are not that great). I agree with Chas above that price range is where you should be able to buy it, unless the dealer thinks that since they stopped making coupes they are now more valuable.

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I paid list price at 71 for a LE which is fully loaded. Not sorry I did in the least.

I think you could ask 12K off and see what the dealer thinks.

myronx19 likes this.
  16. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  17. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    still on MSO with very few miles (a couple of "test drives"), no significant changes between model years. I think it's a reasonably good comp

18. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I disagree. I think the newer MY and the Akropovic (sp? - which is $3k on its own) distort the comparison. But hey, why not try, who knows!

19. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    MSRP on the '16 I listed above was higher than the OP's 2018.

btw OP, what's going on here? did you buy the car?

20. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Still pondering purchase. Issue is I really want a 599 and this only delays buying one. But the 4c is such a cool car I may still get it!
    Other issue is lack of garage space right now.

21. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I probably sound like a broken record, but I had the 4C out yesterday for a few hours, and it just never ceases to amaze me how good that little thing is. I've never been a fan of Ferrari's GT (so I'd take a 4C over a 599 every time) cars, but then cars need to fit into a certain place for me to want them. Not sure how dealers are going to see the end of coupe production, will they think the last ones are worth more, or less. Besides the turbo lag, the drive by wire is remarkably slow is the 4C, the V3 takes care of that.