What is Phoenix Like? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What is Phoenix Like?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by 3POINT8, Mar 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I was in Phoenix last weekend and also Cave Creek. Masks don't see to be much of an issue. You have to walk into a restaurant with one but that's about it. All the tables are available. I went to an Ihop and it was packed full.

Compared to LA it was heaven!

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #27 Rifledriver, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021

We went alligator hunting in LA at the height of the pandemic and you couldn't tell anything was going on. Gotta love free states. Even Mr Gator wasn't wearing a mask.

Attached Files:

TestShoot and VAF84 like this.
  3. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Just another sensible free state.

technom3 likes this.
  4. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Extreme heat????? Helps keep the riff raff out.

Some say that about Texas too but California is the hottest place on planet earth.

TestShoot likes this.
  5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Has the hottest place but nobody is dumb enough to build a city there.

6. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I guess you are not aware of the recent records set in Imperial, right next to El Centro. Or all the other small cities in SoCal with temp records.

Just because it isn't in LA doesn't mean people do not live and work there.

When I lived in Alamo, right next to Walnut Creek in NorCal we routinely had triple digit day time temps. More than we have in Texas.

TestShoot likes this.
  7. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Scottsdale has more people than the entirety of Imperial county. Imperial did set a one-off record of 119 degrees and raining, HOLY ####!!! I would not have looked that up if you didn't mention, now I gotta make a phone call to my buddy. I spent a lot of time out there, I have friends in Brawley on hwy 115, and at Camp Billy Machen so Imperial/El Centro is a place I know well.

I live in an odd micro-climate area in the hills. It can be 100 degrees in the day but I can get AM rain mid-summer here. Mother nature is a crazy b####.

8. Trouts10

Trouts10 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Richard Heilman
    If you are going to Phoenix or Tucson in June be prepared for HEAT! If you are driving a Ferrari, make sure you get your oil changed to nothing below 15w as the heat will make 0-40 act like sewing machine oil. Dealers and knowledgeable independents will also tell you thisI live at 5000+ feet in Prescott and it is frequently in the high 80's and up to about 100 degrees. It is almost always 10-20 degrees cooler here than the Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tucson areas. Also, there can be torrential downpours during the monsoon summer season as tropical moisture moves up from Mexico, so be prepared for that, as well. As far as masks, this state has/had far fewer restrictions than the Blue states for some time, although you still see the Biden supporters wearing them as a virtue signal, I'm guessing, hah, hah. You will definitely see people wearing them in the Phoenix area but it is not being enforced any longer except for businesses that are still forcing you to wear them, which, thankfully, are few and far between. Enjoy the state - it is beautiful and so wonderfully varied from desert to the mountains.

9. Sjackson126

Sjackson126 Rookie

Jun 14, 2021
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Jackson
    Everything is basically open with most stores, bars and restaurants not requiring masks. Be prepared for temperatures ranging from a low 80-85 at night & 105-115 degrees in the daytime. I trust that you like the heat! Have fun!