What is the best 4-seater F-car? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

What is the best 4-seater F-car?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sjb509, Jan 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005
    The one that hasn't been built yet.. (*Enzo Ferrari*)

2. CliffBeer

CliffBeer Formula 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Cliff
    '88 Mondial 3.2 cab here - plenty of power with a performance exhaust and proper tune (6.0 second 0-60) with backseats big enough for a child seat/two chillens. Wonderfully stable and smooth/modern car with much better gas mileage then the 12 cyls. The cab flexes more than the hardtop but with the top down you have endless headroom.....

3. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    the best 4 seat ferrari would have to be the Quattroporte!!

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Best at what? The best looking is the 365GTC/4. The best as far as room is concerned is the 365GT4/400/412 series.

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The one I like is the 456 Shooting Brake I recently had a ride in. PF did some job on that one. The carbon fiber rear hatch, the window seals, the zf auto they adapted. Wow.

6. idloveaguinness

idloveaguinness Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    LI NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Landry
    Ha!

7. idloveaguinness

idloveaguinness Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    LI NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Landry
    Ha!

8. 456 GT

456 GT Rookie

May 7, 2004
    Having owned, and driven a (96) 456GT for 18 months I cannot speak more highly of it . i have 3 children, including 2 teenage boys and they are happy in the back, no problem. There is plenty of room in the boot(trunk). Get the airbag car, gives you and the family that extra bit of protection. This as beatuiful a car as you can get and it goes like stink. Get some sports exhausts so it sounds as fast as it actually goes. Also get it in blue, the only colour for this car as far as i am concerned. There are a lot of myths re the windows. If the car you buy doesn't have this problem, after this time, it has already been fixed or is not an issue. The heater/air con control panel cover will almost definately be bubbley, see the threads on her re that. Re servicing, this is not a cheap car to run, buy a new Toyota if you are looking for that.On the other hand it is not the nightmare some people would have you believe. DO NOT get the GTA; as far as I can see thats a bit like making love wearing a wetsuit!

9. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I agree.

10. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    While the 456 and Masers are nice fast cars, from a long term perspective, they're just going to be unrepairable. Anyone priced the SAT/NAV out of the Maser lately?

If you want the best 4 seater Ferrari, look for a 412 5 speed if you want FI and ABS or a 365 GT4 2+2 if you want carbs. The Mondials are nice, but the V12s are at a different level.