What is the correct and original alternator for an early Ghibli? | FerrariChat

What is the correct and original alternator for an early Ghibli?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by steve meltzer, Jun 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    I have a Lucas alternator that came from my Ghibli, #115-616? was this original to the car? how can i tell? thanx steve meltzer

2. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    #2 red27, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Steve. The original alternators were Bosch 55A. BNR sells them on eBay with this item number.

Here is the reproduction sticker you can buy from MIE, I suppose the long number is the part number. This must surely be one of the only cases of someone replacing a German electrical part with something by Lucas!!

All the best. Mark.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    still chuckling at your (very correct) observation about replacing a good German part, especially an electrical one, with a British one! (same for food, except then the French and Italians win, hands down!)

Anyhow, i was wrong, it is in fact a correct and original Bosch unit. The decal is wearing off, but the back of the alternator is engraved 1125 824 and 103-2. Thinkin' of putting it on eBay since I (stupidly) sold the car about 4-5 years ago. thanx, Mark. steve meltzer

4. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Sent you a pm Steve.

Cheers.

Mark.