What is the easiest way to increase HP for a tr (not exhaust) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What is the easiest way to increase HP for a tr (not exhaust)

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by jpanz, Feb 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dude, you can't come on to a forum, get called out them complain about it. You don't know the players.
    Rifle doesn't mince words but I'll tell you about this guy. A Ferrari factory trained tech, owns his own shop and concours judge. He is well known throughout the Ferrari community and is sought after for his technical expertise and advice.

He freely gives his time to solve problems here and has saved me and others a lot of money....for what? Nothing. Yes, he's terse and you accept it for how he is. Because it's results that count and he means damn well. What have we done for him lately?

So, when he speaks, listen and learn something. He won't say it twice.

...and while it may sound like I'm kissing his a**, the guy has come through for me when I needed expert technical advice on my 91 Testarossa.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I didn’t know this side of your personality Shamile lol;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbo-joe likes this.
  3. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    lol....you may want to review all the technical threads I've done here....with a lot of input from the members here.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Natkingcolebasket69

No- I meant ur stricter side, I always saw u more as the party animal;)

turbo-joe likes this.
  5. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    lol! I better be careful what I say...don't want to lose my rep ;)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

6. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    I agree 100%

7. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    Don forget Beer runs!

8. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Stop for a second and listen. Don’t respond. Read more and think about what you read.

This is a great forum to learn. It’s not a place to try to demonstrate knowledge.

Matt

Jakuzzi and turbo-joe like this.
  9. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    oh? steel pistons and then 8500 rpm?
    you are dreaming

what please means N/A?
    but the turbo power has nothing to do with the rpm to damage a connecting rod and then the block. when the turbo power is too much the rod will get bend but until now I never have seen a connecting rod torn off from a turbo charged engine with the normal max. rpm

MOSS likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

N/A naturally aspirated ;)

Jakuzzi and turbo-joe like this.
  11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    thank you, but I wonder why capital letters and then also the / ?
    if only NA or na I could understand
    N/A says also at some of my suppliers: not longer available, but this would have make no sense here, that is why I asked

Jakuzzi and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  12. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Romano, your English understanding is good. But some references have to be learned from the primary language. The meanings are not all the same!

turbo-joe and Shamile like this.
  13. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yep, like saying "that chick is hot"

....doesn't necessarily mean because of the weather ;) lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

ago car nut, turbo-joe and Jakuzzi like this.
  14. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Make that a Long Island Ice Tea ;)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

15. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    that is why I sometimes ask for most of you "silly" questions ;)

but also could mean this :)

Shamile likes this.
  16. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    For whatever it is worth for those who feel out of place here, Testarossa is LOVE. You LOVE it to won it, You LOVE it to work on it. It is that simple.

Many of us here connect way back. If you post here, make sure it is a fact or proven experiences and not some read in a magazine.

We have enough members here with experience and together we can create our own magazine of facts.

Testarossa is ART on wheels, exactly just that. If you want to modify it, do it with your $$$ and on your car first and see if it works. If you post bad or incomplete information expect to be corrected. This is not a Honda.

Special thanks to my friends Shamile, Trub-joe, Rifledriver and many others who i didnt list for listing your experiences and passion for the Testarossa community.

I know my 7 years of ownership of my TR would have not been as fun without your guys.

turbo-joe and Shamile like this.
  17. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I am surprised I never broke the shaft. I have never been hard on drivelines and clutches. Slow steady pedal saves parts on Turbo cars. Dallas performance
    has a supplier in Austria that has started making shafts and gears for their 2200hp Gallardos with sticks. I imagine for the right money they could make the shaft but how much could it handle is the question. Like you said, its diameter really hurts it. When these cars were 50-60k it was a great conversion and James Patterson had great success with his 700-1000 hp turbo Tr cars. It may be close to 100k to do a full engine out and build for 1000 hp now. You just have to keep the car for ever.

turbo-joe likes this.
  18. Tifosi Dude

Tifosi Dude Karting

Dec 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ata Orkun Oguz
    I don't want to insist but my words were true. They're dyno proven results. Go to 'carobu engineering' 's website. There is a section named dyno tested engines. They tested 3 TR engines. You can see the dyno graphs there.

19. Tifosi Dude

Tifosi Dude Karting

Dec 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ata Orkun Oguz
    My words were true except the steel piston thingie*****If I wasn't corrected that probably you would use it against me.

20. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I think that this company already made shafts for koenig, main and propeller shafts ( but not sure, can not ask willy or walter anymore :( RIP
    but even such a propeller shaft I have broken in my competition and willy as also walter told me that such a stronger shaft I have been the first who got it broken. never until now I had a broken mainshaft in my competition but it is not the original part inside ( meanwhile I have better mainshaft made by a company in bremen )

but have also as a memory a mainshaft broken where brian´s shaft was only bent, but this happened not to me. will have a look later on my other computer if I have photo of this shaft with me here in thailand

21. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
  22. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    #72 MOSS, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Are you tracking a turbo Testarossa? Its too bad to see this but you and Rifle Driver have seen your share and correct that the diameter can't be increased so the car cannot fully utilize the excess brute power but you can still do some fairly nice pulls on the highway and the G-Force is out of this world and what other cars expect to see of a supercar. I need to get James Patterson involved in these conversations. He has had good success with the stock engine to 650hp and 1000hp full engine job Twin Turbo cars. Broken parts from some customers but some have gone without breaking a part. It just takes a smart driver that understands the mechanics of what is going on in your driveline and how to not abuse and shock it like a hotrod. I will look for pictures of the one I sold.

23. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Traction, torque and weight can break parts!

24. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    tracking? no - only driving, but sometimes really hard
    this broken shaft was not from my koenig competition, it was from N/A testarossa and I baught the complete gearbox with parts a time ago

absolutely true :)

MOSS likes this.
  25. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Does this not effect the 512's or is their HP less enough to avoid it...?