What is the highest mileage Countach here. | FerrariChat

What is the highest mileage Countach here.

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Anthony bentley, Jul 20, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anthony bentley

Anthony bentley Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Anthony Bentley
    What is the highest mileage here on a Countach? The highest i have seen was 80,000kms on a 5000S but it had been unloved but still drove very well. Im looking to buy one next month but am not sure whether i should be influenced by the mileage, all my Ferraris are in the 20,000 miles there abouts.

2. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    I drove once a 25th with 73t km on the odo after I installed my MSD ignition kit.

My own has 59t km.

3. FredParoutaud

FredParoutaud Formula 3

Jun 9, 2004
    I was going to guess 20,000 miles. :)

I have a theory that most Countachs are sitting in garages, don't run, and have 13,000 miles on the odometer. But it's just a theory (based on observation)

I love the car! I'd love one -- but that's been my experience.

Fred

4. Rene

Rene Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    René
    Anthony,

There has been a thread in the main Ferrari section, can't remember which one, where mileage was discussed. Admittedly this was with Ferrraris, but I imagine the principle holds true with Lambo as well.

A high-mileage car is good provided it has been correctly serviced at every interval and that any problems arising in between have been dealt with promptly. A thorough service record is the minimum.

My 512TR is approaching its 'last' service, according to the service book, which is 63,500 miles, or 100,000km. There is no provision for any further service. Basically, from now on the entire service cycle begins anew. It's as though the car were entering a second life, matching the first. I expect there will be additional costs, as there are with the elderly, because parts may need replacing more often. But that's all.

I don't believe a Countach should ever cease functioning, no matter how many miles are on the odometer. If it's cared for, it will reward the owner.

Long may it lgive pleasure, to you and to the confraternity of admirers here.

5. Anthony bentley

Anthony bentley Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Anthony Bentley
    The cars availble at the moment seem to have 13,000 to 35,000 miles on the clock. I like the idea of the lower mileage car as i can do a good few miles and it still is a low mileage car but do 10,000 miles in a 35,000 mile car will it be easy to sell if the need was to arise.

6. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    80...gah damn thas lots

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    John Wittrig's QV DD (west coast USA) had in excess of 100,000 km 8 years ago. It wouldn't surprise if he was at circa 120,000 + by now.

8. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
  9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  10. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    theres a white LP5000 or LP400S3 high body with over 60k miles in LA last i meet him 7years ago. its a real driver and cosmetically a little tired.

i have pics somewhere

hf

11. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Gotchya.

That's what the salesmen told me.

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Salesmen....

13. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #13 Huskerbill, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
    That's not something I would brag about if I were the owner. That Countach is no longer considered a "car" IMO. Call it a statue.

I can almost picture the owner....

"Oh NO. We can't START it! There isn't any oil in the cylinders and it could damage the piston rings!"

or

"Drive it? No way! This is the lowest mileage Countach in the world. I'll drive my other car instead!"

Hence, it isn't a car anymore.

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Bill:

I understand completely where you are coming from.

But I don't think the owners of these low-mileage Countachs care what anybody thinks, other than the fact that they have one, and it looks cool to them. That's life. Some people use their stuff, some don't, and even though it is somewhat a waste of a car by being unused, the types that generally don't use them are unfazed by what the rest of the world thinks. IMO.

15. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #15 Olivier NAMECHE, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    When this QV belonging to a french fellow of LCF exceeded 110.000 km, its engine was rebuilt by Toni S., brilliant Lambo mechanic. Now it exceed 125.000 km on tacho... and it runs like hell !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Jimmymunce

Jimmymunce Rookie

Feb 5, 2013
    Jay Lenos has exceeded 70,000 miles. Was his daily driver for many years and claims has never had a problem with it. Updated the ignition and replaced the gas struts for doors. "Well used car with Mcdonalds wrappers under the seats."

joe sackey and CK7684 like this.
  17. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    I find the opposite most of the time. With Most collectors I know that are into low near delivery mileage cars, it’s the first thing they brag about walking up to the car, The low mileage. I think it’s sad and not something the collector car should care about. I don’t deny the low mileage increases value and high mileage( on some cars ) matters. For some reason late model Ferrari owners are the most obsessed. But it should not, and the collector car market should mature away from this.

Never heard of an owner of a Bugatti 35 bragging about how little the car was used. Usually it’s the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    Hello Olivier, this car had covered now more than 180 000 Km, look at this photo taken at a French meeting near Lyon in September 2016
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

JohnMH, LC3929, Ellagirl and 3 others like this.
  19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #19 joe sackey, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    I think the mileage thing is a matter of different strokes for different folks.

Mileage obviously does matter with current production or fairly new cars. That said, we all know that as the cars get older from contemporary to classic to vintage, mileage affects values less, and then condition takes precedence over mileage. Also, if a car is fully & authentically restored, then mileage really doesn't matter at all

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #20 joe sackey, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    This is JLA12307, and the rate at which it is used based on the appearances I have seen it make since this image was taken in 2016, I would not be surprised if it was @ 200,000 by now

21. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier

He is driving it everday then... when he is not piloting Boeing or an Airbus...

BRAVO-V8 and ijvpet like this.