What is the level of SPAM or "questionable" activities on this site? | FerrariChat

What is the level of SPAM or "questionable" activities on this site?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tewills, Jan 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tewills

Tewills Rookie

Jan 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Todd Williams
    So, I'm new here, and this may be the reason. But, I'm not understanding why when asking a simple question, responses include "call me" or "send me your email" address. Isn't this forum enough of a platform to just post the answer? Isn't the mechanism for Private Messages on this forum enough if the question/answer was in some was confidential...? Why do I need to give anyone, any of my personal details like this? This all just feels weird and nefarious. What is everyone else's experience?

2. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    I saw the thread you started yesterday and I can see why you might find the responses strange. Yellow Compass is a broker and he sends a "call me" PM to anyone who shows up here looking for a car or indicating that they're about to buy one. I've had no business with him but there are apparently lots of others who have had positive experiences and have posted about them on the forum. I don't think he intended to respond to your request for a checklist, just fishing for business.

Maybe Nospinzone doesn't realize he can attach almost any kind of file to a post by clicking the "UPLOAD A FILE" button next to the big red "POST REPLY" button. It would be nice to do it that way so that we can all benefit from the document he's offered to share with you.

But otherwise I've found this forum to be pretty much the same as any other forum.

Nembo1777 and Texas Forever like this.
  3. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    The guys running this site, dont play games , they know if someone is trying to post junk and in no time its eliminated . F CHAT runs a tight ship . If I were to think about the other forums I participate in, mostly motorcycle , F Chat is the best I have experienced, not sure if thats good info for you, hope it is.

Thank you

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Y'all seriously need to stop talking about SPAM.....I'm getting hungry.

energy88 likes this.
  5. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Shush! You're going to attract @powerpig talking about food! :eek:

powerpig likes this.
  6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Whew...I just glad the question is car related, and we can leave behind the various other escapades this place has spawned....:D :D

Welcome.....