What is the next best sports car to own other then a Ferrari ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What is the next best sports car to own other then a Ferrari ?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kenyon, Sep 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Absolute frickin classic advert

2. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    #27 Dem, Sep 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
  4. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Nope had mine for almost 3 years.....great fun in the dry and even more so in the wet (C4 narrow body) :D was tempted to sell it a couple of weeks ago but have changed my mind (again)

5. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Eric, don't listen to him. You've been spared :)

Now, the best performance car out there is of course a Caterham 7. Spank Ferraris on track all day long :)

After that and the Ferraris...you get stuck for time really. And thee list would be long.

6. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    This was a 964 Celebration with the turbo body and 4wd... spent most of the evening crying into a pint at Canary Wharf with Andy this evening...

Go on, sell me yours, you know you want to.... I missed it by hours.... got the insurance all sorted after 2 day of trying and everything... how wrong is that??

7. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    See told you it was a great car.... man I was hours away from it being mine.... bloody dealers, scumbags of the earth!!

8. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    have you not got it ther one in the pictures that you sent me

9. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Andrew, seriously, if I can tempt you into some sort of hypnosis session....

you want to sell the RCT to Eric..... you want to sell the RCT to Eric....

10. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K

Steve the SCUMBAG dealer called me at 4pm as I was about to leave and go down there, after making an appointment the day before, he 100% knew I was going to have the car, and told me he sold it. Not even for the asking price.

As I was first in queue he could have told the other guy OK I know you made an offer but I will call you in 2 hours if this guy who called me first yesterday wants it, if not you can have it tonight from me in 2 hours, but no he has no morals and sells it from under me. I would have had it no question. So p1ssed off its not true. Dealers are all the same SCUMBAGS

11. angelboy

angelboy Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Up North - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
  12. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sorry mate but first come first served.Did you put a deposit down to secure the car,if not just accept you were beaten to it.
    The Scumbag dealer is there to earn a living just like everyone else,how many people do you reckon that say "don't sell it,I'll be there tomorrow and will buy it" and then don't turn up.
    I trusted someone like that years ago,never again,to me it's only sold when someone puts a deposit down.
    And car dealers are not all Scumbags.

13. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Eric, If I change my mind you'll be the first person I call (the cars based on a 91/92 LHD C4 Cab in vienschenblau(sp) with a full blue and linen leather interior )

14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    That sucks. But unless things are very different in the UK, that's the way it would be in the US. Without a deposit, car salesman are trained to sell it to the acceptable offer in hand versus the serious buyer who hasn't come in yet. Too many of the serious buyers never come in, find some fault, or aren't that serious. There's also the possibility that the car was actually sold by another salesman and it was your salesman's bad job to tell you it was gone. As far as the sales manager is concerned, whichever salesman came in first had the sale.

15. Bronco Jr

Bronco Jr Guest

#40 Bronco Jr, Sep 29, 2005
  16. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    There is a nice 964 Celebration for sale down the road from my office at www.autobahn.co.uk

Why not buy that and start a project on it; or send it to Ruf in Germany and have it done.

Think of the fun you'd have tweaking the car with new suspension, performance mods, interior mods etc...

Robert.

17. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    #42 Trax, Sep 29, 2005
  18. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    #43 Trax, Sep 29, 2005
  19. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    It's often forgotten that Ferraris are heavy Grand Tourers, not lighweight sportscars to which they are mistakenly compared. Fortunately they also have plenty of grunt and good handling, which is always a bonus when slicing cross-continent, for which they were designed.

20. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    MC 12 for me please.