What Is The Next Ferrari Model To Jump In Value? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

What Is The Next Ferrari Model To Jump In Value?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, Jun 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    you could do that anywhere, houston population is 2.3m, add in all the suburbs and illegals and we're probably 10m+. It still doesn't change the fact that rush hour in cincy is not a big deal.

2. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    And when your argument is traffic congestion, you should. Do you really think Orlando doesn't have significant rush hour traffic because population quarter-mill? Dude. Seriously.

Shark01 and Texas Forever like this.
  3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Congestion sucks everywhere because we have "traffic engineers" who didn't understand that when you widen highways to fight congestion, all you get is more congestion.

sidtx and LARRYH like this.
  4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    God help us all with this absurd banter. Can we please get back to the topic of the thread?

LARRYH likes this.
  5. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Recap of the 8 pages. Only cars with sticks will go up, anything else ie enzo,laferrari,challenge stradale,430 scuderia,599 gto, 488 pista and so forth will forever be less desirable bc they dont come in a stick shift. Who will drive these sticks down the road doesn't matter but they will go up into perpetuity and the transmission that began the move from stick to dct, the F1 will forever be less desirable.

6. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Honest question for everyone, is there a model of a sports car or exotic car that 3 pedal is worth less than the 2 pedal equivalent at this time? I am wracking my brain on Ferraris, Lambos and Porsches and not coming up with anything, but I could be missing the obvious one(s). I mean same car, not different model, like for like.

G. Pepper, Shark01 and Texas Forever like this.
  7. davidoloan

davidoloan Formula Junior

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    Driving a manual in traffic is no big deal. It’s something to occupy the subconscious mind, like the radio in the background. Reduces the boredom.

I like an auto in a luxury car because it complements the character of the car, but that doesn’t make a manual a problem.

Driving a manual in traffic, you don’t consciously think about it, you just do it.

G. Pepper and LARRYH like this.
  8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    The market speaks.

sixcarbs, Shark01 and davidoloan like this.
  9. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    it has spoken for now, but that doesn't mean its spoken forever, stocks go up, stocks go down, but following the trend will always lead you to the promised land in the end. One day everyone alive today 40+ years old will be dead and the number of stick drivers will be significantly reduced. Everyday old people die and new children are born, and with that less and less potential 6 speed drivers.

10. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    You are obsessed with numbers. I assure you can sit in traffic for 2 hrs at 6pm in small cities as easily as big cities. Some of our city layouts can approach 1000 years old.

11. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    David Im sorry you're an old man and refuse to acknowledge trends, good thing you're not managing people's assets like me bc you clearly have no ability to spot trends and change your thoughts. By all means keep enjoying your 6 speeds, but this thread is about what will next "jump in value" and the entire premise of what I said is 6 speeds are already insanely valued, and thats great, lots of you old guys are alive now and enjoy them, F1 transmissions are rarer and unloved now. One day all the old men who love sticks will be gone, then what? As an investment, which is what this thread is about, one must analyze numbers and trends, the F1 transmission is way rarer than a stick and capable of being driven by way more people. It will "jump" in value by a higher percentage than a stick from this point forward, believe that.

12. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    That’s fine for the general public, but it’s just ridiculous to refuse to learn to drive a manual. It’s would be just as rediculous for me to refuse to drive your F1 transmission.

Basically you are saying you are an enthusiast but you will never drive an F40, should the opportunity arise. WTF?

13. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    No.

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    For now, no.

15. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    I’m just a tiny bit older than you old boy, and you’re no spring chicken yourself anymore.

I think the thing you are missing is that the previous generations lived through the genuinely exciting periods of the motor car.

The early developments were the hi tech age and the kids were as obsessed as they were with Apple and the introduction of the iPhone.

Then came the magical motor racing period which became so wild, dangerous and glamorous that it was intoxicating.

That is why the old boys will happily pay millions for a 250, because it doesn’t make financial sense. It requires emotion.

Our generation is of the computer age and they don’t have the emotional attachment. Look how gladly they look forward to developments that could break all the links to your personal connection to the mechanical car. Not just self driving, but sharing, non ownership.

It may well be a much smaller band of enthusiasts in the distant future who value old cars. And they may be very cheap again.

You spend to much time in the numbers old boy, and you need to use your other senses more.

anunakki and Shark01 like this.
  16. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Sure david I'd love to but damn man is the F40 my only dream car? No it isn't, I've had a murcielago, a 575, and an SLR and not knowing how to drive a stick hasn't stopped me from enjoying some awesome cars. I have to find somewhere that teaches how to drive a stick, go take lessons, and then once I get those lessons i can pay 4x the price of my 575 for a stick one at ferrari of palm beach, they have my same car asking $399k. So with the current premiums in place combined with necessary lessons and then the need for me to buy a cheap stick to practice on, no it doesn't make sense at all for me to go practice just to pay 3-4x the price for the same car without a stick. Sorry, im sure its cool but no thanks, the egear in the murcielago was fine, the f1 in the 575 is fine, and the automatic gearbox in the slr is fine, none of those gearboxes have made the cars a worse experience.

17. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Seems to me it’s only the US demographic that’s incapable of driving manuals..

davidoloan likes this.
  18. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    Only the new ones have six speeds old boy..........

Hasn’t the McLaren F1 appréciation been driven by young old boys like ourselves.

19. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This hasn't happened in the Porsche market with Tips.

308 milano and davidoloan like this.
  20. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    #195 davidoloan, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Old boy, you don’t. You can just go to one of those track instructions days, drive a formula car. Or just drive an old MX5 around on the street. The worst that will happen is you will stall a few times.

There are plenty of manual cars, our choice isn’t restricted. And anyway that asking price is way to high.

Haven’t you heard, the 550’s and the facelift cars are coming down in price.......... plus there are 3715 of the pre facelift cars

21. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Are you sure you're not rationalizing your own purchases? Hi, my name is Car Guy, and I can rationalize any car purchase. :cool:

Shark01 and davidoloan like this.
  22. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    That’s a judgment everyone else can make, except you because you can’t drive a manual.

Shark01 and LARRYH like this.
  23. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    For someone who is such a "savvy" investor you along with david sure have a hard time recognizing trends and respecting early technologies that helped those trends get where they are. You may dislike the F1 in the 355 and 575 but the realities are those F1 systems were enormous steps forward at the time and without them we dont have the DCT we have today. I hope you're alive in 20 years so we can discuss this again down the road.

24. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    3,083 550's were made I've told you repeatedly but you keep ignoring it and throwing out your own stats. Between 550 and 575 there were about 3300 cars made with a stick in a maranello body and less than 1800 made with the groundbreaking F1 transmission of the time.....so the F1 transmission was rarer overall in the maranello bodystyle, obviously less 575s were made with a manual because most wanted the newest groundbreaking technology of the time.

Again we're talking from this point on, even cars like the 512 bbi have come down in price so not all sticks are soaring anymore not just maranellos, we're talking about which cars will appreciate most from here, my bet is on these "crappy" F1 tech cars percentage wise from here at $100k.

25. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    F355 ... for what its worth you ought to give a manual transmission car a try not saying it is better or worse but it is just different.. and it opens the door to some pretty cool cars ... do yourself a favor...no kidding....nothing to do with it being worth more or less who cares but give it a try...
    my 27 year and 30 year old nephews both drive manuals with no problem.....of course they are car guys too....

audi_328, Shark01, Dave rocks and 2 others like this.