What is the procedure to obtain a replacement key for a 570? | FerrariChat

What is the procedure to obtain a replacement key for a 570?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Michael Call, Apr 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael Call

Michael Call Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2008
    S.L.C. Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D. Call
    Hello all, I have a 2017 570 GT and have misplaced my key. Thankfully I have my spare key (with blue dot on the back), but I have given up hope on finding the misplaced original key. I see replacement keys for sale on Ebay for around $200, but I have no idea if they are programable to work on my car. I am nowhere near an authorized dealer, so I'm wondering if anyone has had success with a local locksmith programming a key. If that isn't an option, what is the process of getting a spare key from McLaren? Thanks in advance.

2. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Michael,
    I'm a new kid on the McLaren block, but have many years playing with cars. I used to have a '96 F-car that had an electronic lock, but also teeth on the key that had to be turned to start car. I think you're mixing up what a locksmith can do. They grind teeth in a key blank to open a physical lock. While someone "MAY" be able to program this emitter or radio, your best bet is McLaren. Probably some of the 'ebay' keys are programable by McLaren, some are probably not. Call around to find a user friendly McLaren dealer. Probably some will deal more than others on the price.

3. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    You will need a factory McLaren diagnostic tool and a used key can be programmed to your car.