What is this? | FerrariChat

What is this?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GladH8Her, Oct 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GladH8Her

GladH8Her Rookie

Aug 3, 2015
    14137 VIBURNUM DR
    Full Name:
    PETE NORWICH
    I am new to Ferrari’s, so please excuse my ignorance here. My Boss has this Ferrari, I know it’s a 1999 360, but is it a race version or something. A GT perhaps? He mentioned a Challenge Stradle...
    Input would be appreciated
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Bdel

Bdel Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Hollis, NH
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    from this angle, and the side vents it looks more like a 430 to me.

3. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    It's definitely a 360, and not a Challenge Stradale as those were introduced in 2003 (if this is a 1999 build). Seems to have CF racing seats like on my 2002 model. Looks like an aftermarket front bumper, wing and rims.

It could perhaps be a Challenge car (not sure when those first came out), they are always a little bit different from the street legal versions. Might get a better answer in the 360/430 forum section. And post more pics of course :)

4. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    430 headlights are much narrower, it's just the bumper and the black parts around the vents that give it that look. The 430 also has two stalk that hold the side mirrors in place, the 360 has just one.

5. malcolmjl

malcolmjl Karting

Mar 27, 2014
    los angeles
    Looks like a regular 360 with an aftermarket body kit/mods. Probably Novitec Rosso or something similar.

6. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Where's all the Ferrari experts around here! It is clearly a 360 with a bunch of goofy aftermarket crxp added including the front spoiler and the wing. Oh, that wing..............

7. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I'm kinda curious about the yellow headlights... Not my thing, and I'm an owner of a Modena.

8. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Here is the answer....

9. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    I agree to the aftermarket crap on this one. It’s a regular Modena with some mods.
    First I thought it was a N-GT (the wing had me puzzled), but then saw the ext mirrors and aluminium interior trim.

10. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Q: What is this?

A: An abomination.

11. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Could this not be a Challenge car? I'm currently working at a customer with certain ties to F1. They have a number of 'Scuderia Ferrari' material here and there (including Schumachers gloves and suit, bits and pieces of F1 cars, etc) in a memorabilia corner. In this corner, there's also a lot of official Ferrari Car Magazines, and one book which has a 360 on the back of it that looks similar, i.e. with the black shroud around the front intakes and the side ones of the front bumper.

I need to a take a photo and try and figure out what exactly it is. Maybe move this thread to the 360/430 section for better visibility? I'm sure someone there would know in an instance :)

12. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    I would think it unlikely as the car pictured appears to have standard door trims.
    I also think it is a normal 360 with aftermarket front and rear spoilers

13. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    So I took a look at the book at my Cx, and it seems to be one of their promotional material, and it indeed has photos of a very similar car. Plus I found the following pics as well:
    http://www.carpictureworld.com/ferrari/360/challenge-stradale/ferrari-360-challenge-stradale-1200x800.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Rv_zUpDr4sA/TrJZLn1Z36I/AAAAAAAAAB0/wI2u_JPEOlo/s640/ferrari-360-challenge-stradale-automotive-cars-pictures-0112.jpg

So whatever that front bumper is, it's a thing *shrug* Perhaps as mentioned on one of the pages, it's part of a Challenge GT body kit?

One of the other sites doesn't let me hotlink to it, but in that you can also see the side parts are black on the front bumper.

14. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
  15. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Yep, looks like a 360 GT although they were sold by Ferrari through Corse Clienti starting in 2002. Maybe the original 360 was built in 1999, modified by Ferrari into a GT later?

"The N-GT was a 360 Challenge car evolved even further to compete more seriously in the FIA N-GT racing classes alongside other marques such as Porsche."

16. malcolmjl

malcolmjl Karting

Mar 27, 2014
    los angeles
    I still think its a regular 360 but the bumper, wing, and lights are taken from a GT. It doesn't have the GT hood or windows and it seems to have a full interior. Might be factory GT parts or an aftermarket body kit. Either way it was born as a regular 360.

17. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Well most GTs look differently, since it was more of a tuning job than bodywork. You will find many pictures of GTs with flat hoods and some even show the intake shape, but have it covered/plugged up. Also some have regular windows, others do not. Race version Ferraris are often modified for road use, which could be the case here. I am inclined to believe the person, but I guess a picture of the interior would help, because I do not see a roll cage, but I do see what I assume are racing seatings.

18. GladH8Her

GladH8Her Rookie

Aug 3, 2015
    14137 VIBURNUM DR
    Full Name:
    PETE NORWICH
    Has center wheel lug.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

19. GladH8Her

GladH8Her Rookie

Aug 3, 2015
    14137 VIBURNUM DR
    Full Name:
    PETE NORWICH
    I would like to sell the car if anyone is interested

20. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Have you told your boss that you are selling it !

21. GladH8Her

GladH8Her Rookie

Aug 3, 2015
    14137 VIBURNUM DR
    Full Name:
    PETE NORWICH
    What kind of a comment is that?

22. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Well, you said it's your boss' car, so has your boss given you the green light to sell it on his behalf?

23. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    This is a funny thread. Carry on.