What is wrong with New York Tri-State? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

What is wrong with New York Tri-State?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by rob lay, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Chris
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ClydeM
    Lupe, could you type your response slower & say it louder in caps for our FChat friends where maybe English isn't their best language.

TY

fwErRf mAh *****!

F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Chris
    all da playaz b in vegas now. whips getting details as i type, will rip da LV blvd when its done, show dem WC *****s how da EC do it.

BYE CHRIS, IM FINISHED...........................

2. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    3rd word is "*****s". Not "******".

3. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Pat, I do not know how many newbies or lurkers we have. I can not worried about every single soul out there.
    I am fairly certain, that all the board regualrs(EC or not) did not take "Chinese outdo whites" as racial comments.

4. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

So what you are trying to tell us is that if you walked into the Bronx or anywhere where an afroamerican was and called someone a "*****" instead of a "******" you would not get you a$$ put on face any less?

5. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

Whites is not racial but whities is

If you called me hey whitie (sp) and I did not know you it would not be a pretty time that is for sure.

6. jakes-gto

jakes-gto Karting

Jan 18, 2005
    Tied to a chair
    Full Name:
    Buddy Ackerman
    In another thread, http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61522&page=1&pp=20 I suggested that all waring parties get on the phone an hash it out.

No dice.

How 'bout this: No fingers being pointed here. EVERYONE agrees to give a little in the interest of peace -

1) NOBODY uses the words "******" or any variation thereof (i.e., *****, Chigga, etc.), or any other racial references or refers to anyone as a "Vagina" under any circumstances.

2) EVERYONE agrees to be tolerent of other members right to type in any style they see fit and use capital letters as they wish. GaNgsTa or ALL CAPS.

3) EVERYONE agrees to be just a little bit nicer to new members.

4) EVERYONE AGREES TO BE MORE TOLERANT OF OUR DIFFERENCES. Be it vocabulary, spelling, how we use our cars or age related. RESPECT others right to live their lives their way. Got beef? Alert a mod. Better yet, take a deep breath, relax, PM the offending party and ask them to expalin.

There is no reason why a bunch of guys fortunate enough to find themselvs behind the wheel of a car that has no equal, can't get together and share their passion without things getting ugly. Unless there are some lottery winners here, you are all smart enough to be succesfull enough to get yourself behind a steeringwheel with a prancing stallion on it. Let's all make an effort. Swallow your pride a little, forget the past, learn from this and DRIVE ON.

7. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You can not take things out of context.
    You can say a Asian joke here and all us Chinese will laugh with you. But say the samething in Chinatown to a member of FD or GS you will get you a$$ kicked. That's the same as the example you gave.

******, is a racial slur, I never ever used this board on this board.
    *****s, is slang. It's like homie. I don't believe it to be offensive when used here where most of us know each other. Of course, if there is an African American person tells me that he/she is offended by it, I will stop, but no one has.

8. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language - Fourth Edition defines ****** as slang also what is the difference. They are both slurs and slang

Bottom line is that someone who doesn't know you or your friends and comes across this sees this as a bad thing for the board. NO amount of explaining your situation is going to help. Go walk up to the next afro-american you see that you don't know and call him a ***** and I will send you flowers when you are in the hospital ok. You made your bed now please lie in it and go

9. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Again, you take things out of context.
    I clearly stated under what enviroment I use slang, so cut the BS with "walk up to whoever in Harlem".

This is where all the problem is.
    I don't see it as offensive. You do. We will never agree, so best thing to do is to let it die. But no, you will keep beating on it and beating on it.

10. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Oh, and why I think this is just personal.

Bruce said:
    "I HAVE THE HIGHEST RESPECT AND REGARD TO YOUR CLAN, THE ECERS...WITH HUBIE, BRAD, AND OTHERS..THEY ARE NOT TROUBLEMAKERS OR PARASITES...".

I am fairly certain hubert has used words like "*****" and "vagina" on this board.
    But yet, you have highest respect for him, and I am the scumbag. Right?

11. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    HEY PAT

HOWS THE WEATHER IN MN TODAY????

BRUCE

12. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Typical, when you have no response to my question.

13. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    For the record, I find it quite offensive with words such as Chigga/Chink or any derivation form of those. Last time someone called me that got a black eye, busted lip and an unforgettable memory of not to use that word again.

14. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

I totally understand that you see it being OK to say. You are not just among friends here this is a public site that anyone can come on to and do we want to promote that kind of atmosphere? (wow I sounded like Rob there)

For the record if I hear you say whitie again I will take offense to that for sure! You can bank on that!

15. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

Great 81 and sunny. I'm going to head out of work early and take my daughter out for a drive in the Lotus.

16. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I'm gonna say something- this is not, NOT, meant to be a provocative statement, but since i have the dubious distinction of starting the latest round of hostilities here, and then upping the ante when i posted to Woodear's Memorial Day Run thread, I think i'm entitled:

1. I am not at war with Woodear, Hubie, the EC or anybody else here that took exception to my positions. I said what i had to say, right or wrong, and i'm done with it.
    2. Although Pat and Bruce are staking out a position about what's appropriate and what's not, let's leave that to a higher power for now. While i don't condone the use of the word "*****" here or anyplace else, I don't want this to turn into Miss Manners guide to PC behavior. If these guys can have fun, and not be too nasty, or street all the time, i'm good with it.
    3. I want to publicly apologize to Woodear for going after his Memorial Day thread. If, as Woodear stated, he was trying a different way, and just making a post about a run, I overreacted and that was wrong.
    4. I have nothing that i want out of this board or its participants except that we respect each other a little bit more, and i'll do what i can toward that end.
    Thanks, all.

17. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    AT LEAST SOMEONE HERE HAS A BRAIN....AMEN TO YOUR COMMENT, JOHN

18. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Pat I can tell you as an employer of a substantial amount on afro-americans ( although my men prefer to be called "black", the term "*****" is a acceptable term actually reffering to a black friend, that I even use with them and them with me. "******" is a racial slur which will have you in deep **** faster than you want to know. I can also attest that I have NEVER heard, or read anything from Woodear that was the slur before. trying to be unbias now I can only give my opinion, the bet was some people would never post on this board again if they could quote Woodear ever writing the word "******", he never has...let's now see who keeps thier word. You can't tell the dealer in Vegas you didn't understand the rules and you didn't really want a hit on 21, the bet has been lost by someone ( I don't remember who ), Man UP.

19. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    100% agreed on all 4 counts.
    And thank you, whart.

20. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    CMON MIKE

******, *****, OR *****S, SAME WORD TO ME

ILL ASK A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE TONIGHT, WHO IS A VP OF A FORTUNE 500 COMPANY, WHAT WORD HE PREFERS...HES AS BLACK AS CAN BE, BETTER YET, ILL ASK HIM TO JOIN FCHAT, AND HELL PUT WOODEAR RIGHT IN HIS PLACE

ASK KEITH IF ITS A COOL WORD.....

BRUCE

21. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yep, mAn uP. :D

22. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Took a poll:

The 2 resident blacks of this household and a couple of cousins who are working on a rap album in the "studio" we have set up here don't say "nigg"-nuthin' and would open up a can of whoop-ass on any non-black who used "the same difference" around them.

Not a good idea to call me whitey or whitie, either.

23. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    i am glad you posted this. I often find it hard to hear, and get confused when the words are used in a "friendly" manner for some, but if said or heard in the wrong place or context, can be offensive.

My particular pet peeve is when people will be staading around calling each other "*****", and then hear it on teevee or from someone else, and those people are emmediatly a racist. The terms, no matter in what context used, are based in racism, and one cannot complain about racism being rampant when one is keeping it alive by useing these terms.

I find it offensive in general, and wish the terms were not used.

My $.02. I am out.

24. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    1) He is Michael, not Dave.
    2) They are not the same words.
    3) Sure you can ask your friend. Although I find it interesting how you had to mention he is VP of a Fortune 500 company. Why? so his opinion is more valuable than other average African American who might find *****s is acceptable and ****** is not?

Everything was typed out clearly on this board. Black letters on white background, some even in BOLD :D Everyone knows what the bet was, and know who lost the bet.
    That's all I have to say about that.

25. udalmia

udalmia Guest

damn he beat u up that bad ? :D