What is wrong with New York Tri-State? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

What is wrong with New York Tri-State?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by rob lay, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    3) Sure you can ask your friend. Although I find it interesting how you had to mention he is VP of a Fortune 500 company. Why? so his opinion is more valuable than other average African American who might find *****s is acceptable and ****** is not?"

I FIGURED YOU WOULD FALL INTO THAT TRAP WITH YOUR IGNORANT ANSWER

HES A HIGHLY INTELLIGENT AFRO-AMERICAN GENTLEMAN, AND I CAN ASSURE YOU, HIS ANSWER TO YOU WILL BE UNBIASED AND SPOKEN TO YOU GENTLY.

STAY TUNED, BROTHER

2. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

Thanks for clearing this issue up. Straight from the mouths you want to hear.

What I do know first hand is that I'm married to a Human Resource woman who has her master degree in the field and neither term is acceptable to use ever!

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I think the point is a pretty simple one: as "loungy" and informal as the EC thinks the NYTS forum is, there are a number of new people that come to this section to browse, with the hopes of becoming part of this community. Some of them do clearly take offense to the slang that is used here. Many of them to the point that they either don't participate, or participate briefly but then don't stay. I don't particularly care for the terms "*****," "*****," "vagina" either. I think jakes-gto's suggestions are good ones, and are worth following.

Repeated again:

I would add two other points:

- Know When To Joke and When Not To: many serious questions posted denegrate into nothing but lames jokes and one-liners. We're all a good-humored bunch, but when somebody poses a serious question, please respect that person's attempt to find a serious answer.

- Keep Stuff On Topic: Another frustration I've heard from users. A simple question asked gets completely side-swiped through user comments, resulting in some interesting information at times, but often no answers to the question posed.

I'm guilty of both the points I mentioned above and probably more, but in light of the discussion on constructive ways to improve this sub-forum, we should all make a conscious effort to be mindful of all of the above.

4. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    how about the term "rice"?
    I think many here have used it.
    Should I cry out "racism"?
    No, why? because I KNOW when it's used the person meant NO racial discrimination.

5. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Still waiting for Chris's comment on Wax's post

6. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nothing to respond, because it was the same point as yours. Which I have already responded to.
    You can not ingore the enviroment under which the terms are used. Just like you can get your a$$ kicked calling "rice" somewhere but posting here is fine.

Oh, and since you monitor and track answers to question.
    What do you think about the "certain somone" lost a bet? I did not see any answer to that.
    Oh also, how about hubert using those terms but was highly respected by that certain someone, but I am the bad guy for doing the same? I did not see any answer to that either.

Shall we still go on???

7. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Here's a handy solution. Rob has not seen fit to beam me up or send in help, so I guess I will use the powers that Rob gave me.
    Anyone who violates the General Posting Rules will be banned.

Here are two to which you should really pay attention:

1.1 No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another user.

1.2 No "Trolling": Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this community. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles and signatures.

By way of example, calling someone a moron, a parasite, scumbag, azzh@*le, or any of George Carlin's 7 words you can't say on TV will earn you a ban. Similarly, use of words that are commonly thought of as ethnic slurs will earn a ban, no matter how cool, affectionate, hip or WTF ever you like to call it. Sadly, I think that one or more of you will test me to see if I am serious about this, and end up being banned. This will hurt me more than it does “you.” Seriously.

I saw a good sign behind a bar this past weekend:

"Be Nice or Leave."

8. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    So is Wax's post enough for you to stop using that? It came right from 2 black people mouths. If it is then we are done.

9. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Agreed All I have been trying to do is to get Chris to understand that the 2 words being debated here are not appreciated at all and mean the exact same thing

10. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great Sam.
    I am glad that you finally decide to enforce this.
    I trust that you will use your fair/unbiased judgement.

nOw LeTs sEe wHo gEts pIeCed oUt 1St?

11. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sure, I will stop using it.
    Not because you or wax said it, but because Sam defined it in his rule.

But, why you still did not answer the other 2 questions?? Did someone lose a bet? Was it personal that I got picked up? :D

12. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    nOw LeTs sEe wHo gEts pIeCed oUt 1St?"

BYE CHRIS......................I GUESS ITS YOUR GANGSTA RAP.....

13. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    That is VERY close to a violation of the rules. Please refrain from insulting your fellow fchatter.

14. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

I responded in your quote. So you agree that they are both ethnic slurs? Like I said before I believe you lost the bet since it has been determined that both words are slurs and mean the exact same thing

15. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

nOw LeTs sEe wHo gEts pIeCed oUt 1St?"

"This includes messages in profiles and signatures."

SAM,

ISNT THAT A VIOLATION OF SIGNATURES???

I FIND THAT OFFENSIVE..IM I WRONG??

16. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No, I do NOT agree they are same racial slur.
    I agreed to stop using it, because Sam made the rules.
    You can believe that I lost the bet, that's your rights. You know what the majority see and think, and who is losing face :D

17. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

If you do not agree then when I'm in NY in Aug lets me and you go and find some random black person and see what he thinks OK? Be a man and do it if you think I'm wrong

18. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    1) My signature shows a link for my F355 for sale, nothing else.
    2) You do not get to decide what breaks rules, Sam does.

beTtEr tO foLLOw oR b cUt. fwErRf.

19. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Last time I will say this:
    do not take it out of context. i said it under certain enviroment, you can not ignore that fact.

20. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    You are inciting each other. My comment was directed at BOTH of you.

21. jakes-gto

jakes-gto Karting

Jan 18, 2005
    Tied to a chair
    Full Name:
    Buddy Ackerman
    I was beginning to think that post was invisible. As far as the racial thing goes, let's agree to let bygones be bygones and in the future...

"1) NOBODY uses the words "******" or any variation thereof (i.e., *****, Chigga, etc.), or any other racial references..."

Including "Rice" or "Whities"

Would that not solve this particular issue right here, right now?

Or you guys can keep this slapfight going. Whatever.

NOBODY is innocent here. You've all stepped on each others toes. Say sorry, lower your weapons, promise to never go down this road again and take a drive your Ferrari. You own a fu*king Ferrari! Be happy, damnit.

22. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sam,

I do not believe my typing style is in violation of the rules you posted, defined, and emphasised.

23. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    4, actually.

2 household residents & a couple of cousins were here at the time.

I can assure you, there's more where that came from, too. Hmmm... lemme see, G.D., S.D. & the 2 J.D.'s, have spoken.... D.D. (be glad, very glad, she didn't see this), um, V. um, D., of course, the 6 mixed race little girls would have something to say about that after they were done crying... oh man, almost forgot K.D. - man, first time I met him he was 15 and 6'2". Not thin, either. Not fat, either. He's grown into a gentle giant, but man, the damage he'd do if someone used words that are the same difference. I pity the fool that ever does.

Shall I go into detail about a former roommate of mine? Well-travelled & fluent in Italian and French as well as English. Doesn't take well to such terms. He can easily jump over any ordinary sedan with 2 running steps. That's what he does for fun. Imagine the short chase.

24. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    It is not in violation.

25. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY