458 - What is your daily driver? | Page 30 | FerrariChat

458 What is your daily driver?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by eskanday, May 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robert Collins

Robert Collins Karting

May 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert S. Collins III
    Totally agreed. I have always been a car guy, andI have always loved and cared for whatever I could afford to drive. From a slower than Christmas (but quite cool) 1983 BMW 320is with Recaro seats, BBS Rims and a Momo steering wheel to my new 458 Spider, they have all been fun, entertaining and worth my time. I actually LOVED my 1988 Triple White Acura Integra that I drove all 5.5 years of college to get my two degrees. I put 180,000 on that car, and it looked new when I sold it. Hard to kill a Honda...only thing I ever replaced was an alternator and he did it under warranty at 150,000 miles...nice guy taking care of a college kid.

GT2goneF and IloveGT like this.
  2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    yes, I bet it must be the Integra before the 4 eyes design! was it? love Integra. I always wanted Mazda rx-7 FD, but was too tall for it. the rear in white simply was and still is so good looking! Turbo rotary engine with 8000 rpm! genius!

GT2goneF and Robert Collins like this.
  3. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Ok. Super. Many thanks and enjoy the trip!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Robert Collins

Robert Collins Karting

May 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert S. Collins III
    #729 Robert Collins, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    Yes it was the 1988 Integra Special Edition with the pop-up headlights. I thought that was a cool look...so dated now, but loved it then.

GT2goneF, IloveGT and dustman like this.
  5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Age of kids? What are they into? What are you wanting to do?

6. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Your post is right on the money!
    I almost lost my wife to COVID. I turn 54 this year. I have spent most of my adult working life making my family’s dreams come true to my deficit. Don’t get me wrong I would do anything for them but now it’s my turn. I truly work my butt off every day. I was going to get a 458 or 488 but I decided what the heck YOLO for a bit more money I can have the car of my dreams. So I pulled the trigger on the F8.
    I do feel guilty occasionally because it is so expensive. But, I know when it gets here and I sit behind that wheel it will be all worth it.
    CHEERS to living our lives to the fullest!!! No regrets (within reason)!

joeyfrost, Boots, vij23 and 6 others like this.
  7. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Kids are 10, 12,14 and 16. All adventurous We I’ve been to Mexico many times, but I think they’re getting tired of just goofing around on the beach. Maybe some zip lining some of that rock sliding, or other unusual activities sounded nice nice. We went to North Carolina this past summer and rented a house on the lake Knee boarded and tubed for hours upon hours

Robert Collins likes this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Costa Rica and Azores for adventures at those ages.

tomc, randkin and GT2goneF like this.
  9. Robert Collins

Robert Collins Karting

May 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert S. Collins III
    Our kids are 20,18 and 15, but only the 15 year led is here. I’ll sum it up this weekend on the plane home, but so many fun things to do. Hitting Old San Juan tomorrow which I have heard is like Charleston or New Orleans.

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    sounds great and thanks much safe travels home

11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Well, there are plenty of things you can do there. Horseback riding, zip lining, hiking, night kayaking in the fluorescent bay (you can also go in a boat), plenty of water related activities (skiing, wake boarding, kite surfing, surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, you name it. It all comes down to where in the island.

12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It is nice. Very historic, you will see the castle, fort, old colorful houses, old chapel, brick roads, lots of green and blue. The Princess pass (literal translation of the Paseo de la Princesa) is a beautiful walk along the waterfront, just in front of the El Morro castle. Must go during the day and also during the night. Lots of artisans, art galleries and great food. If you want to eat really good typical food, Raices Restaurant, is a pretty good place to go. There are also some other really good restaurants in the area.

13. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Traded in the AMG 63, and picked up a 2021 Audi S6. First Audi product I have owned. 100 miles, and I must say, I am pretty impressed thus far Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Big delta in performance, is that noticeable?

15. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Yes. HUGE difference. The e63 was a beast. Loved it. Big fan of the AMG brand, and I will get another one at some point

I was just tired of shelling out $2200 a month on the lease. It got annoying, especially when I have my f430 to drive around on the weekends.

So I leased this and saved about $800 a month. Handles great, beautiful inside, and has way better tech than the Mercedes. But, I will def miss the torque... it was truly intoxicating.

Oh well... I’m 55, with a hot 44yo wife... need to stay healthy... so this car will also probably will lower my blood pressure.

GT2goneF, Andynyc and tomc like this.
  16. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
  17. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Love the color combo and I assume it's a 4?! I have an '84 Targa as one of my toys and I have this DD GTS P-Car on order for delivery in June, to replace my '18 M5. I was considering a 911 4S, but still need more practicality, until all of my 3 kids are driving. Wifey does most of the duties w/ the girls, but I pitch in w/ them and do a ton w/ my '13 yr old son sports wise, etc.
    http://www.porsche-code.com/PMQGL1H3

Lukeylikey likes this.
  18. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
  19. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Loxo, GT2goneF, soulsea and 2 others like this.
  20. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Amazing.

21. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK