What is Your Favorite Tequila | Page 8 | FerrariChat

What is Your Favorite Tequila

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by RedRacer, Jul 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    I had some Don Fulano Anejo at a restaurant last night and really enjoyed it. May need to add a bottle myself.
    I followed that up with some El Tesoro Blanco which is always delicious.

Tonight is an Arette blanco ranch water. 1oz lime, 4oz Arette, 6oz topo chico.

Skippr1999 likes this.
  2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    This thread resurrection has been bad for my wallet.

Had a pour of ArteNOM 1146 Anejo and Arette Extra Anejo at dinner tonight. Both amazing tequilas but the flavor on the ArteNOM was so interesting (in a very good way), idk how to describe it. Might end up having to buy both at the liquor store soon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Skippr1999 likes this.
  4. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    The Arte Nom has a taste of leather to me followed by the usual brown sugar,etc.
    That Arette is also very tasty. The previous iteration of that one had a very bourbon taste that was interesting and enjoyable for me, since bourbon causes me stomach indigestion.

I feel the same wallet pain !

TheDuke likes this.
  5. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I recently got some of that too but haven’t tried it. Their Diabolito, referenced above, is in my top 5.

NbyNW likes this.
  6. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    I walked into a random restaurant tonight and they had a small tequila selection. Surprisingly they had Organic 123 and a couple ArteNOMs. I got the “2” reposado and it was pretty tasty. Never seen this in another restaurant so had to give it a try.

Skippr1999 and NbyNW like this.
  7. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Guarantee the owner is a fan

TheDuke likes this.
  8. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Image Unavailable, Please Login I was really disappointed in this one.
    After loving their regular Anejo, I figured this had to be great. Nope !

It’s a big vanilla, sweet bomb. If you like Clase Azul you’ll love it. ( I used to also)
    But, as your palette evolves and matures you want more than sweet vanilla. You want complexity and more different flavors. I tasted it back to back with 123 Diabolito, 1146 Artemis Nom, and Arrete XA.

If you can’t find Clase azul anymore , this is virtually identical.

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    That’s surprising to hear considering how much you liked the Anejo.

I’ve been looking for a splurge bottle to buy. Guess I’ll cross this one off the list.

10. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Definitely pass.
    It’s not like the anejo at all

TheDuke likes this.
  11. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I’m seeing clase azul all over now, even the anejo for $$$.

I still haven’t opened my clase azul repasado.

12. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I drank it when it was $99. Loved it back then. It’s too sweet for me now. Enjoy it !

13. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The Calirosa I posted in #142 is the same sweet vanilla. First one I’ve had like that and after a few drinks it’s too much. Interesting, but not again. Had another in a twisted bottle (and the cap was filled) that was sweet also. Won’t do that one again either.

Skippr1999 likes this.
  14. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I’m revising my opinion of this one.
    The initial tasting a few weeks ago came across as a huge, sweet, vanilla bomb.

I gave it another try last night and the flavor profile was 100% different. Gone has the overbearing sweet vanilla. This time it was true agave. Nothing really complex, but it was a well balanced traditional XA.
    I’ve never experienced one like this that changed so much after initial opening. It must have been able to breathe a bit. Anyway, I’m looking forward to the next time.

TheDuke and Texas Forever like this.
  15. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    #190 Texas Forever, Jun 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
    Tequila? Sweet? Sumthang aint right.

Let me take you back to 1977 in Houston. Local restaurant had a free tequila night on Thursday. You heard that right. Free ****ing tequila. It was Three Fingers and they would bring out bottles in a bucket. Great Gawd Almighty. Back then, I was into drinking flaming shots. Manager got pissed when I set a table on fire. He wasn’t cool. My roommate climbed on the roof and was going to do a double gainer to the ground. I remember looking up at him and saying, “Gary… Gary… ah i don’t think that’s a real good idea, no dats not a real good idea at all.”

When they opened up the next morning, they would find guys in three piece suits passed out in the bathroom.

The thangs I used to do, I dont do no mo. I don’t remember Tequila having a taste. Tequila was all about getting as drunk as possible for as cheap as possible.

Funny thing is I meet my wife on one of those nights.

Edit: It didn’t hurt they had a guy singing “Up against the wall Redneck Mother, Mother who raised her son so well, he’s 34 and sitting in a honky tonk, just kicking hippies asses and raising hell.”

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Those were the days…..
    Tequila has come a long way since then. It’s not what you remember by a long shot.
    Think Pappy Van Winkle made from agave.

Texas Forever likes this.
  17. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Yeah, I was gonna say. It's one of my go to tequilas and I don't think it's sweet at all.

Skippr1999 likes this.
  18. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Bumping this thread.
    Last week I was in Italy and was avoiding any tequila they had but my last hotel there had Lalo which is on my approved list. I taught them how to make a ranch water.

Tonight I was able to get a pour of Fuenteseca 8yr which was amazing. First time having anything from them and it’s was incredible.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NbyNW and Skippr1999 like this.
  19. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    NbyNW likes this.
  20. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    You’ll love it.

21. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    NbyNW likes this.
  22. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Had a couple pours over the weekend. Really needs to open up in the glass to appreciate it but so far I’ve enjoyed it.

On another note, I’m sitting in the centurion lounge at DFW and saw the bartender open a bottle of Don Fulano blanco. Great to see some of these brands showing up at mainstream restaurants/bars. Of course I had to get a pour since I’ve not had their blanco yet. As expected, it’s great stuff!

Skippr1999 likes this.
  23. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    NbyNW and TheDuke like this.
  24. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name: