What is your mileage? Are you scared of driving your car? I am definitely not. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

What is your mileage? Are you scared of driving your car? I am definitely not.

Discussion in '360/430' started by TAILWAG, Jun 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That was my thought with my 430 as well. I figured since I planned to drive the wheels off it, both street and track, why on earth would I pay a premium for a low mileage car, and then destroy that premium in the first six months?

360HB likes this.
  2. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I had to have a blue manual 360, so I didn't have the option of being super picky and ended up getting one with 16k miles when I was planning on more. Now I feel sort of bad about racking them up but... when I first got it, the top liked to stick sometimes but after driving it semi-regularly that seems to have gone away. I think it doesn’t like to sit. About to click over to 20k miles.

3. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Just came back from another 400mile/600km trip having stayed the weekend at a friends castle. Everything went fine, although driving (a lowered) 360 on a grassy, bumpy, gravelly road to reach the castle, and then not being able to park inside the grounds, but on the field next to it, was a bit of an experience :p

Testarossa Sean likes this.
  4. Josh P

Josh P Karting

Just got back from a trip to Tail of the Dragon....Left around 28,000 km and came back over 32,000 km. What an amazing experience!

5. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I bought my 360 Spider 3.5 years ago with 2400 miles and truly in showroom condition. Have put about 11k on it, and that includes Chicago winters when she hibernates for several months. I work from home and really don't have many situations to drive to point B, so nearly 100% of my miles are just pure A to A leisure driving.

I feel bad when I DON'T drive it. Why even own it if you're not going to enjoy it...I just don't get it. I will never feel bad for putting miles on it...

I can also validate the point about costing more to sit. It took me a good six months to sort out a bunch of minor issues with the car. Once I did, the car has been perfectly reliable and consistent. So if you're not driving to save on depreciation, you're likely giving SOME of that back in repair costs.

Drive the cars...it's a shame to let these cars sit.

My 1st, one4torque and billy.gif like this.
  6. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Vlogs like vinwiki make everyone think they are car flippers.

I regret not putting more miles on all prior cars I’ve owned.

7. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    What I find ironic is the more a car is considered to be a “driver’s car”, the less likely it is to be driven. Consider the 911R, the whole point was to be a driver’s car version of the GT3 and what do they do? They sit. From mileage I see on cars.com, 360s are driven less than their successors even though I’d consider it more of a purist driver’s car where later V8 Ferraris are focused more on pure speed.

8. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    I am well over 65k miles. And I just drove the car from Washington D.C. to Southern California last weekend. Drive the freakin car. Less stuff breaks when you drive em.

I just ran mine on the dyno this AM and put 330.15 hp to the rollers. (Dynojet) w/ OEM air filters

17.5% of the original 400hp. I'm not sure what percentage of drivetrain loss there is.

Testarossa Sean, AAron512 and TAILWAG like this.
  9. Doug2D

Doug2D Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Bought the car at 15k 3 years ago, currently at 26k.

10. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Isn’t the drivetrain loss for a RWD around 15%-18%??
    So a 330 at the rollers would be
    330/0.85=388
    330/0.82=402
    I don’t think you are losing 17.5% power from original at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The last time I drove the dragon I had my E39 M5. I saw only a single car and no cycles (or errant trucks) through all 11 miles. What a blast! Talk about a drive that should be on every enthusiast's bucket list!

12. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016

Maybe, but I never wanna quote anything high on fchat lol. All i know it still runs drives just like it should :)

one4torque likes this.
  13. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    360hb - go ahead and quote it HIGH! it's the internet!

great car... love your attitude! drive it with pride.

360HB likes this.
  14. Neil G

Neil G Karting

Dec 5, 2015
    Suffern NY
    Full Name:
    Neil Goldstein
    Funny!

15. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Near lookout mountain by any chance? Or are you out east?

16. Trackjunkie1

Trackjunkie1 Karting

Aug 2, 2017
    Mostly Blood Mountain and Richard Russell Scenic Highway.

17. ShadowF430

ShadowF430 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    glad to see so many people driving it. Though to be honest, for all the "i love to drive the car" posts, people are still at 16k miles lol. I bought mine with 29k miles about a year ago, and just hit 34k. That is considering it was down about 4 months throughout that year fixing the suspension and f1 issues. If it wasnt 100 degrees out i would be driving it even more :)

Zed82 likes this.
  18. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    I don't think of it as how many miles I put on the car, I think of it as how many miles I got to drive the car.

I don't own it for resale value, I own it for enjoyment value.

Sent from my KFDOWI using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I came to Ferrari ownership after ten years of BMW motorcycles. The cultures couldn't be more different. Beemer owners brag about how many miles they have ridden them, not how few. I put 54K miles on a K1200LT in four years! I have over 100K miles on BMW bikes total. So, I treat my Ferraris the same way. My 456M had 7,069 miles on it when I drove it off the lot in early 2012. 32K miles when I sold it last year. I have put 2K miles on the 360 in about six months. My main reason for having these cars is to take them on vacations. It's what I live for.

Me and my trusty LT:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The 456M in New Mexico:

This is in the area of Palo Duro Canyon in North Texas on my first overnighter with the 360, which was about 500 miles each way.

On my deathbed, I won't be wishing I put less miles on my vehicles. :)

20. velocegiallo

velocegiallo Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2017
    California
    Each city claims to have the worst roads! Vote the the clowns out of office who collect the gas taxes yet don’t maintain the roads.

shawdut likes this.
  21. dang2407

dang2407 Karting

Apr 29, 2017
    SW France
    I blame the road construction companies - if they did a good job in the first place, the roads wouldn't crumble... oh wait, but then there would be no more work for them!

22. fcarbillpaducah

Aug 25, 2007
    Paducah, Ky.
    Full Name:
    William L Harris, Jr
    The ole '05 360 has 44,200 miles on her...The 1988 gts I had read 110,000 miles and the 1983 gts before that had 67,000 miles on her...Yeap, I drive my Ferraris. No garage queens in this neck of the woods...In fact, I drive the 360 to my place of business and park right in front of the store....Fearless.

G. Pepper likes this.
  23. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Just clicked over to 20,000 miles driving my 2004 TDF 360 Spider up near Lake Berryessa today!

The good thing is she's fully depreciated and worthless now so there's no downside to putting more miles on! :D

24. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    My 2006 430 spider just hit the 36,000 mile mark. Running beautifully!

Sent from my Galaxy

25. AAron512

AAron512 Rookie

Jul 15, 2018
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Testarossa Sean likes this.