What kind of speeder are you? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What kind of speeder are you?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F1Ace, Mar 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What kind of speeder are you?

1. I FREQUENTLY speed enough to get a ticket.

2. I RARELY speed, but when I do buddy, look out!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Let it never be said that Corvettes do not have the absolutely coolest display ever. HUDs rock.

2. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Well, my 750 is definately goverend to 155, gotta do something about that.

Where's the "what do you do WHEN the cop lights you up? Pull over or Bolt?" thread...

3. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    #28 triXXXter, Mar 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    I had got the "need to speed" bug out of my system on public roads. That's the key word there, public roads. I think back to when I've taken my twin turbo to low and mid triple digits, the "what ifs" gave me a wake up call.

It doesn't mean I don't like to speed, if I can get on the track or if the coast is clear with nobody around.... :D

5. Forzaholics Anonymous

Forzaholics Anonymous Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    In the Boxster S I generally force myself to stay in the "law abiding mode" which means going with the flow of traffic, not faster, not slower. I do like to take onramps, offramps, traffic circles and certain curvy roads in the LA area at ummm, spirited speeds...but once the road straightens out, I just go with the flow. What is the use of trying if there are no lateral Gs to be pulled?

The 308 has crappy tires right now and the suspension is still settling itself in and the chassis flexes so bad that the passenger side door has been known to pop open and it struggles to rev much past 5500 rpm. It'll be a while before i can speed in the 308. Its real easy to throw the rear end out and I don't trust it in the event that i have to take some swift evasive action.

However, on dark moonless nights, usually a Sunday or Monday between 12:30 & 2AM, when all the earthlings are asleep, a certain white Countach has been known to terrorize certain empty freeways. Just so y'all know, it is my evil twin driving & not me.

6. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Got room for a passenger?:)

You kinda said it just like I was gonna. I have to admit, I have never understood those who consistently speed, risking a ticket, but get no rush out of it. I do like you, only during daylight hours. Behave on a day to day basis, but when I want to find out "what she'll do", be it a bike or a car I find an empty road and I'm gone. That's what I'm saving my merits up for. (I've got 5-the maximum)

7. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Speaking of speeding on off-ramps, I got ticketed in January for going 34kph over the posted limit of 50kph coming down an off-ramp. I was in a hurry to go to a meeting. Cost me almost $80 and 5 points off my license. This was done in a van.

8. Dwayne's World

Dwayne's World Karting

Nov 10, 2004
    Selinsgrove, PA
    Full Name:
    Dwayne Blew
    I've had more than a handful of speeding tickets, the worst being 125 in a 65 April '04 (zero traffic, nice day).

9. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    I don't fit in either one of those catagores, I drive fairly casual and under the speed limit, except when the road is twisty, then I go usually 10-15 over.

10. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I try to drive responsibly until I can't stand it anymore. I drive the speed limit on city streets.