What Makes A Ferrari | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What Makes A Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ScottS, May 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    It was the era. Since then it has been substantially improved.

Texas Forever and ginoBBi512 like this.
  2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Fixed it for you….

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    But Hermes does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. x599

x599 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2010
    I’m not sure we are a good representation of Ferrari future clients, sadly it seems that future clients who haven’t lived through the glorious past decades with recollection of Ferrari iconic cars and racing triumphs, will want a different kind of Ferrari. Personally, I’m more leaning towards classical Ferrari moving forward because I can’t accept these new hybrid cars and will find it impossible to fall in love with an electric Ferrari. But for a younger client who hasn’t witnessed the glorious F40 or drove a 458 or 599 let alone older more characterful Ferrari’s, the new cars will do.

Ferrari has made a choice to go public, chase higher margins and volume of sales, it works well for the shareholders but it doesn’t suit the old guard clients, but that doesn’t really matter because new clients are the future.

5. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Some hate change, others find it necessary.

As long as the F1 team is funded, and (hopefully) winning, Enzo will stay on his back. Without progress all are eventually doomed.

x599 likes this.
  6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro

Well, Enzo is on record of saying his favorite Ferrari is the next one. So I think you are right. However, I think modern tech - will come up with something that makes it "Ferrari"... I'm not sure what it is. Amazing dynamics 0-100 in 2 sec? what ever it is there is some young guy ( or gal ) working on it now.

x599 likes this.
  7. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Hang on when you pour the beans to a 599.--nothing like a front engine V12.

daytonaman and ginoBBi512 like this.