What People Do When They See A Ferrari. | Page 10 | FerrariChat

What People Do When They See A Ferrari.

Discussion in '360/430' started by randomguy, Nov 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Driving home...45 MPH zone and person ahead is doing 20...so I patiently waited the entire..oh..300 meters.. to make my right turn...as we approached the turn...she wrecklessly steered right into the gravel...spewing it all over the road as she turned right...I stopped in horror...as I have never had a piece of gravel even look at my car! HA! ok, so back to her...she jumps out of the hillbilly truck she is driving SCREAMING to stay off her ass end! I, sorry didn't do the nice Ferrari owner thing, gave the bird, called her a fat **** and gunned it. Sometimes you just gotta do it right?

2. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I have to agree sometimes you have to give it back!!!

3. Treviso

Treviso Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    +2
    Yet, they still can't understand why they wont ever have one for themselves. Work hard=prosperity!

4. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #229 Tally Ho, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I took mine to charity car show Saturday. The positive response and comments were overwhelming. A couple of pre-teen boys asked if they could get their pictures taken behind the wheel. I verified that it was OK with their Dad and made sure they had no sharp objects in their pockets. The boys took several pics like they were racing it. After they were finished I gave them some small advice. Stay in school, go to college, and get a good job. The oldest looked at his Dad and said that's what he would do. My reward - first place in class and a $50 gift card to a local restaurant.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #230 Kevin Rev'n, Mar 17, 2014
    Bravo, how cool to get a trophy!
    You and the car are looking good...Lets get you some driving shoes to go with that bad ass ride of yours! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

And your positive impact on those boys, priceless... Well done!

These cars can get so much attention, wanted or not, that we are doing ourselves as well as other owners a huge service by being gracious and good ambassadors.

That woman in the truck that kicked up gravel (probably on purpose), pretty much a no-win situation. Just have to move on and not let it get to you, which is what was done. There's no persuading her of anything positive. If you tell her off, it only cements her already negative view and shows your bad side to anyone watching.

7. mountainman3520

mountainman3520 Karting

Nov 11, 2013
    Silicon Valley, Cali
    Full Name:
    Dan Gilley
    Haha - never wear shoes with a preplanned location to store small change.

Period.

8. conscom

conscom Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2008
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Very well put but sometimes difficult to be calm when you've worked so hard to be able to reward yourself while those losers can only express jealousy and have to try and ruin it for you. When I worked in the Orient, the attitude was totally opposite. Instead of keying your car, they take up the challenge. Healthy attitude that i have instilled in my kids.

"The Glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"

9. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I do understand this. I'll bet a folded C-Note would fit! :)
    FWIW they are comfy and work well in a three pedal config!

10. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares
    "Heey that Lambo is beautiful man!!"

~I own an F430~

And he asked for some pics inside...
    I raise you..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

11. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I remember about 10 years ago when I first started my career. And before I open my own practice I was having lunch outside of the pizza shop with one of my childhood friends. And a local businessman which I was friendly with pulled up in his brand-new Lamborghini Murcialago. The gentleman walked past us shook my hand and made quick Smalltalk before he went inside to get his food as he walked inside my friend looked at me and said *******. I then asked why is he an *******. He then said to me because he has that car. He then continued to admire the car. Right then and there I saw the ugly face of jealousy even though he had never even met this person simply because he had something that my friend wanted and he would never be able to obtain. Needless to say I am no longer friends with that childhood friend of mine. Our friendship did not prevent jealousy from ruining our friendship.

12. Treviso

Treviso Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The ugly face of jealousy is pervasive throughout society. I have seen old friends of mine turn into arseholes over their jealousy of my cars, career, home, lifestyle, etc... So many of them just sort of stopped calling me over time as I got more successful in my career. The truth is, I have worked my tail off to succeed in my career against all odds of failure, worked through several degrees including a doctorate, worked 7 days a week, 18 hour days for weeks and months, sleepless nights, exhaustion, etc...While they worked their 36-40 hour weeks, turning down opportunities to make more money or advancement opportunities, constantly taking the path of least resistance and ultimately reaping the least rewards. Worst of all, they despise my success and me. I can't be friends with people like this. The older I get, the more I realise I have less and less in common with some old friends. They like you as long as you are in the same lane of life as them...

I have never been jealous of another man's success. I have always been happy for other people's success. This world should have more people willing to work hard to better themselves in life. In fact, when I come across super successful people, I always want to learn how they came to this success and what I can learn from their experiences to better myself. I admire people who work hard and succeed against all odds of failure.

13. Aorta

Aorta Karting

Nov 17, 2013
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jared
    Very well said and sadly all too common in the world we live in.

14. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    This couldn't mirror my experiences any more accurately. Well said.

15. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Great job Bill!

Dan

16. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I've only owned my 2003 360 Spider F1 less than a month and the compliments I get are amazing.

Gas station: Everyone at the gas station comes out to check out my car while I refuel to admire my car.

Went to restaurant to get lunch, came out and people are gathered around my car taking photos and videos. They asked if its OK and I say absolutely and I politely waited until they are done taking photos and videos before I got in to my car to leave.

Volkswagen GT with teenagers and some in their 20's said "Love your car Man", I said Thank you! One of the guys said "So, you F__k a lot of good looking *****es with that car man?" I just smiled.

One lady pulled along side me at the traffic light, admired my car and said "really really nice car....." I smiled, waved and said Thank You.

Almost every day drivers would drive by me on the freeway taking photos and videos.

Went to drive through at fast food joint and the guy at the window said "Oh my God, guys check this out, its a Ferrari!".

No haters so far.

I love my car. My face hurt from smiling every time I drive it.

Dan

17. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    That's great... Enjoy!

18. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thank you!

Dan

19. marlonbvm

marlonbvm Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Max
    Which color combo etc did you get? I'm excited to hopefully join the club this week if the deal works out. Also looking at a 360. Amazing car, congratulations, enjoy Dan :)

20. marlonbvm

marlonbvm Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Max
    Agreed 100% Since when has success become a bad thing in this country? It's sad...

21. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    #246 whatheheck, Mar 20, 2014
  22. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Well said and interestingly I have found most Ferrari owners to be this way.....

23. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares

Yeah it's a good line of reasoning imo!
    Just be ambitious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

24. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Same here, I am always happy to see people enjoy their nice toys acquired through hard work. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Anyone can do the same. Not rocket science. Get a good education, get a good job, work hard, enjoy the good things in life.

Dan

25. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    While I know the name of this thread is "what people do when they see a Ferrari", I'll add a twist. My black on black on black Gallardo Spider gets 10X the attention of my 16M. Don't understand why, but driving the car home yesterday I saw 4 different people taking pictures of the car at stop lights... and those were just the people I saw.

For some reason, I don't get the same reaction with my 16M or my F430 (when I had that car).

There is one difference though. More people want to race me in the Ferrari than the Lambo.