What Question Would You Ask Bernie Ecclestone? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What Question Would You Ask Bernie Ecclestone?

Discussion in 'F1' started by RP, Jul 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    There, finally a serious response!!!!

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

I agree with you. I just want to hear from some of the better minds on FChat what they would ask (yes, even you!), forget the personal opinions, what would you want BE to do? F1 magazine is taken seriously by most in the sport, why would they waste their time? Its just a matter of wanting to know what the peanut gallery really wants.

Or are you really Neidermeyer?*

* For those tooo young to remember one of the greatest movie classics, Google Animal House, you will understand the character Neidermeyer and the reference to BE. Hint, it is a reference to the small hole (unless you have been in prison) in a body's buttocks.

3. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I'd ask, but I would have more fun explaining the movie reference it to my mechanic friends in the Scuderia...

4. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Well,

I'm gonna go against the grain and somewhat support Bernie (I know, I know.. boo... hiss).

From a business perspective, I am not sure he has too many options. He must preserve income and if he is backed into a corner and forced to include races that cost him money (in terms of lower profits than he'd get elsewhere), then it's bad for F1 in general.

If I were Bernie, I'd negotiate with FOTA... I'd push for them to accept a longer calendar (ideally 20 races), and instead of cancelling others in favor of races in the Americas, I'd fill the additional slots with the USA and Montreal. I would also maybe try to haggle with FOTA to accept reduced payouts for points gotten in N.America under the premise that I was giving up something (revenues from Indy/Montreal compared to what the $45mm tracks will pay), and I'd want them to kick something into the pot too.

In terms of a real question I'd like answered, I would like to know the answer to when he plans to step down and who will take over, and what the long-term (20-year) vision is for F1. I would also like to know his true thoughts on the FOTA/FIA/FOM situation, and whether he has a renewed interest (forced or otherwise) in working with FOTA to acheive some of their stated goals, such as lower ticket prices - and if so, how does he propose to achieve that in concrete terms.

5. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    CVC isn't going to meet their payment of the hugely inflated principal. When that happens control passes to the RBA, a bank now owned by the UK govt.
    Will they, like CVC, want Bernie to front for them?
    Surely its a race between his age and that crisis?

6. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    "At what point did the Keebler Elve's kick you out of the cookie factory?"

Who among us doesn't want to know? ;)

7. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    After his latest interview, I think an appropriate question might be:

"Can you recall what you had for breakfast this morning?"

(Alzheimer's: they had pills for it, but you'd keep forgetting to take them. ;))

8. P1-EH

P1-EH Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2007
    Waterloo, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    "Bernie, what's the succession plan for your role as the Commercial Rights holder. When you depart, who has been groomed to take over this very important position? Oh, and boxers or briefs?"

9. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ever considered using stilts..

10. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I'd ask him why is he trying to **** up our sport.

11. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I would just ask him to F-off and die, or just F-off, along with his buddy/lover Max!!

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #62 WJHMH, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008