348 - What should I do here? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

348 What should I do here?

Discussion in '348/355' started by RedLegend, Apr 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    it's super simple... if you're into it keep it, if not sell it and get what you are into. most parents want you to be happy and if that means use proceeds to get what you want I'm sure they'd be good with that.

If my kid wanted so sell my 3448 and buy a focus ra and put 3pkni to it I'd be all for it. I asked my boys and neither want it nor care about it. They want Tesla's. Ok great I basically have a Tesla in my garage not a 348 lol

Parents want you to follow your dreams not theirs. Do what you want it's what they want. Over and out.

bcar1 likes this.
  2. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    Keep it. Give yourself time to come to terms, and not do something you will regret down the road. In a year or so see how you feel about it then.

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    That's good advice. Besides if the car is well maintained then it should be fine for the year. Drive it enjoy it and see how you feel about it. By then you probably will not incur any big expense and just sell it if you want and it can be someone else's problem. And by the way we like keeping those cars in the Fchat family. My friend owns and I maintain the Fchat ex-bushmobile/ex-copter John 348tb. It is one sweet 348 big stoptech brakes, one off custom wheels and just cherry condition.

copterjon likes this.
  4. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I remember when the market hit bottom and Copterjohn couldn't get $35K for it. He took it off the market and would not sell it to me six months later. So, I had to go and buy a 348 Factory Challenge car instead.

copterjon likes this.
  5. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    My friend got lucky! Very lucky! My friend was on the fence. When copter wad willing to sell it I hooked up my trailer and told my friend he was buying copter's car. There was no discussion until we were already on our way to Arizona. Are you sure this is a good thing...yeah trust me. When we got to Copter's I drove the 348 just around short block and came back got out of car. And said buy it! I did not need a long drive I knew right there Copter was a good caretaker. Years later I have done nothing but 2 majors and put in a new battery. Perfect I tell you. 348s can be made perfect.

Jasonberkeley and copterjon like this.
  6. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Ya that was a rough time for me. I will say I really miss that car and do regret selling it. Of course I now have a spider that's stunning but it's not the Bushmobile and it didn't belong to Dennis aka Bushwhacker. And there it is, more sentimental than anything. Dennis was such a good friend to me. Kinda a father figure, best buddy, the cool older kid up the street you looked up to type thing. I really miss hanging out with him and the crazy stories he told me about his life adventures and man did he have some adventures. After I bought the Spider I told him I was thinking about selling his old car and he told me he was cool with it and wouldn't take it personally LOL. Thank God the car was bought by Chad and is still in the family so to speak. Dennis would be happy with the current owner if he was still here today. Of course he'd still be moaning about me getting rid of the 355 tail lights and going back to the original grill. He couldn't stand the cheese grater look.

To RedLegend, I say keep the car. Cherish your fathers memory and make new ones with your wife and new child.

7. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Copter,

whatever happened to those seats ????

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    JP, I just wanted to offer my condolences about your father. Whatever your decision, I wish you the best, and may your father rest in peace.

9. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    My SS Seats? I sold those to Kai well before I sold the car. At that time when my business was in the toilet. I figured it was better to sell the seats and use the money to keep the car. I really did struggle to hang on to it. Fortunately things got better and I ended up with that and my Spider for a while. My wife wasn't too keen on having two of them right after all of the recession drama. She didn't force me or wouldn't. I just reckoned it would be wise in recovery. Selling those seats was very painful. Kai was great to deal with but I wanted to cry when packaging them up. I probably did cry. LOL

10. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    gee I feel bad if you sold the car under duress. That I did not know. I got 1st dibbs at buying the car if Chad ever sells. If that ever happens I'll make sure you get a crack at it.

11. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    No need to feel bad. How much duress could I have been in if I just bought that Spider? LOL. I really didn't need to have two and my wife has always been so cool about all the crazy cars I've had I saw no reason to be greedy. I'm thankful I got to care and love on the Bushmobile and more thankful for the friendship I had with Dennis. Who knows, maybe someday I'll own it again. I'm also glad Chad is enjoying it. Something tells me you're getting your kicks with it too.
    To the OP, sorry if this has been a bit of a thread hijack but I think you can see how sentimental and special these cars can be.