What to do in/near Jerez de la Frontera... | FerrariChat

What to do in/near Jerez de la Frontera...

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Tad Cody, Feb 20, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    I'm going to be visiting family near Jerez with my wife in the beginning of April. I know the track is there, and would love to stop by to see testing or racing if it is at all possible, but I don't have a 'connection' to racing there. I have ten days, and although I have been to other parts of Europe on several occasions, have never been to Spain before... can anyone give me a heads up on some must-see and must-do things while there?

We've been planning beach time in Spain, a visit to Portugal, and a day-trip to Morocco, but have heard some not-so-positive things from a friend who has been to Morocco (and nearly didn't come back!)...

Any suggestions are gratefully accepted!

Gracias!

-Tad

PS- We're staying on a couple-thousand acre family estate about 1/2 hr from the XRY airport... if you know Jerez 'people', you may already know them, so feel free to inquire by PM if you're local, and I'll share the name accordingly. Thanks!

2. enriqueramallo

enriqueramallo Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2005
    Marbella, Spain.
    Full Name:
    Enrique Ramallo
    If you tell me your dates in April I can try to recomend to you some interesting places.

Where are you from?

Enrique.

3. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    Hola, Enrique, y Gracias!

We'll be arriving on the second, and departing on the tenth, of April.

We're originally from Chicago, but currently live on the West Coast, in the state of Oregon.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

-Tad

4. SomiDj

SomiDj Rookie

Feb 17, 2010
  5. enriqueramallo

enriqueramallo Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2005
    Marbella, Spain.
    Full Name:
    Enrique Ramallo
    What a pitty!! I am organizing a Ferrari event around 18 april but It is too late for you.

You can see at www.circuitodejerez.com on 3rd and 4th April you have Cocc trophy (but I have not idea what type of races there are...)

By other way, saturday 3rd april you have private cars (street legal) track day at Monteblanco circuit (Huelva, not so far from Jerez).

About cars I have not more ideas, I am sorry. I can recomend to you interesting places to see at Jerez, but not about cars... for example, Real Escuela Andaluza del Arte Acuestre it is a Horse Show, or you can visit some winery factory, or maybe Feria de Jerez will be around that dates...

I hope this ideas can help to you!!

Best wishes and enjoy my region!!

Enrique.