What to do... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What to do...

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by fxdwgs, Dec 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Glassman,

Spot on!...... That's what makes the world go 'round. I hope you enjoy Montana and have a Happy New Year. Some day I'll have to visit Montana.

Aloha

2. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

My life is so boring that I need something to do.

3. fxdwgs

fxdwgs Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Sjobo, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Bengt
    ....from Hyatt Regency...further east ?

//B//

PS Took the busride round the island....all the way....took all day....fantastic!!!!

4. jefffromcanada

jefffromcanada Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2006
    Alberta
  5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Not sure if you guys still need tips but for food. I like Chun Wa Kam which is a great place to fill up on local type food. Manapuas and BIG plate lunches. They are starting to build them all over so you should be able to find one. If you are thinking about hot dogs you might want to try Hanks Haut Dogs on Coral Street near Nimitz. They serve "upscale" hot dogs with designer ingredients. Very tasty, the fries are great and they serve Curry Ketchup to go with them. Its not really in a touristy type area so prepare to be underwhelmed by the surroundings. If you want to walk it off afterwards you might wander into the Fisher Stationary outlet on the same street one block inland (Mauka). It's like a disorganized Home Depot for stationary, etc and there is always something to buy on sale that you didnt know you needed!

6. Hawaiian35

Hawaiian35 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    Yes, uncle...you're right. No more arguing here. Enjoy the air in your lungs. Aloha!

7. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Hanks is onolicious. Yah some places are pricey but where else can you get Alan Wong's opihi shooters, braised kalbi steak or crusted onaga? That place is so tits El Presidente eats there all the time.

You want cheap OP go get the mixed plate at Grace's on Beretania or chili dog with mac salad at Rainbow's on Kapahulu. Perfect after a morning surf.

8. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #33 PhilNotHill, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    I love Hawaii.

We go every year if we can.

I love the people. I love the ocean. I love the weather. I love the sunsets and sunrises. And we have found several great places to eat mostly on Maui. Mama's Fish House, Spago's, Gannon's, etc.

All the islands are beautiful. Kauai is the most beautiful but the weather up north can be wet in the winter. We have found a refurbished old house on Maui near Makena Landing that is 15 feet from the ocean and turtles. Great sunsets and close to Wailea shopping and eats. The weather is sunny and not as windy as places north of Lahaina.

The prices are not high compared to Aspen. We are used to it. :cool:

9. fxdwgs

fxdwgs Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Sjobo, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Bengt
    Some done and some left to do.....

Thanks so far,

//B//

10. fxdwgs

fxdwgs Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Sjobo, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Bengt
    We were there tonight.....tasted real well.....never saw something like it before.

The girl behind the counter told us the owners are from Switzerland.

On the way home we almost got stuck in the Market place.......that is my wife did. I wanted just out of there.

So much junk !!!!!!!

Rgds,

//B//

11. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Next time she gets stuck shopping, just wander up to the upstairs tiki bar and watch people try and win a pearl from the oyster shucking cart down below (if its still there). See how many drink umbrellas you can collect!

12. Hawaiian35

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    Hawaii is full of junk really, not just the Market place but: the politicians, roads and freeways, cops, the zoo, traffic, new laws, future railway system, education, unemployment, and much much more are all junk.

Two best thing about Hawaii is: 1. Weather 2. Beach.........that's it!

13. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Now I'm getting confused ..............????????
    Your expounding about the things I hate about Hawaii. Funny kinda.

14. Hawaiian35

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    no glassman I just listed 30 things to do in Hawaii for ( fxdwgs ). that doesn't mean I like doing all those things. don't get me wrong. i loved hawaii, but at the same time i hated it because of what i listed as junk and much more.

15. fxdwgs

fxdwgs Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Sjobo, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Bengt
    Leaving for Houston tonight.......then going to New York.....and then home to Sweden.

Hope to come back soon.........will do my best!!!!!

Thanks for all inputs........we have done most of them!!!!!

See you soon,

Bengt

16. Hawaiian35

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    " aloha "

17. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    My wife is a big WWII Pearl Harbor buff, we are going to California for a week this summer, I was thinking of surprising her and making a little side trip to Hawaii to see some of the WWII stuff, but not much else. No time for it. We have a bunch of stuff we have to do in Cali. Can you do most or all of the WWII stuff in 2 days, or 3 at most?

18. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I think you can. I like the way this guy does things.
    http://www.tourofhonor.com/tohforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=244

19. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I thought Hawaii was normal to cheap. Compared to where I live near Toronto Hawaii prices were a pleasant surprise as I was expecting the worst.

There were many "produce of canada" things that were *cheaper* in Hawaii then in Canada?! Grocery store foods like sea-weed salad and such. Too funny.

20. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando