what to eat | FerrariChat

what to eat

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by rspike, Mar 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rspike

rspike Karting

May 5, 2007
    queens ny
    Full Name:
    bobby
    needless to say I lovre to cook and eat , I feel like unless i feel full im not done eating , so what kind of diet to try?

2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Food. Accordingly.

Jedi

3. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Beaten to the joke. :D

Seriousness:

Try a raw food diet. Fruits, vegetables, & nuts (Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, Pistachios)

4. DevonL

DevonL Formula 3

Mar 13, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Devon
    I had posted this on another forum and people seemed to like it:
    Tuna Wrap:
    What You Need
    Whole wheat wraps (I use Josephs whole wheat and flax seed oil wraps)
    2 cans tuna
    1/2 Granny Smith apple
    4tbsp Balsamic vinegar
    1/3 white onion
    Fresh black pepper
    2.5tbsp mayo (preferably low fat)

What to Do
    Drain the tuna and rinse it a few times with water to get the excess oil out. Place into a bowl and finely chop the onion and apple and place into the bowl with the tuna. Mix it together and then add the mayo and mix together well until you have an even consistency in the tuna. Add the balsamic vinegar and the pepper and mix one final time.

Spoon onto a wrap, and enjoy. It could also be eaten as a salad with some greens; I'd imagine it goes quite well with arugula. Enjoy :)

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Ice cream & thick pork chops.

6. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    You need to read up on zone diet, paleo zone diet, warrior diet, primal blueprint diet, and get a few books on nutrition such as supermind solution, in defense of food, the whole soy story, etc.

Then experiment a little bit and see what works for you. Everyone is different.

At a minimum, cut out most sugar, all soda, soy, most rice and bread and pasta.
    Put in lots of colorful veggies, lots of fish, lean meats, fruits and nuts. You should eat a gram of lean protein for each pound of lean body mass. More if you exert yourself a lot.
    Avocado, quinoa, chia seeds, eggs are good. So is plain greek yoghurt.
    Add in things like fish oil, DHA, Vit D, protein (not soy, though) supplements, etc., as you need and per your daily exertion level.

Eat slowly. Eat small portions. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Move a lot. Lift heavy weights. Play sports. Sleep well.

Oh, and treat yourself to ice cream, etc., every so often.

7. rspike

rspike Karting

May 5, 2007
    queens ny
    Full Name:
    bobby
    what to take ? I ordered fish oil ,multi vita for 50 and older , and a protine power anything else?

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    What are you trying to accomplish?

9. rspike

rspike Karting

May 5, 2007
    queens ny
    Full Name:
    bobby
    right now weight loss

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Don't mix carbs. Choose either bread or rice/potato with each meal along with 4-5oz protein and don't deviate.

Also, try to walk 30-45 minutes per day.

11. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
  12. rspike

rspike Karting

May 5, 2007
    queens ny
    Full Name:
    bobby
    How do you figure out much of anything to eat? How often?Etc...

13. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Okay I hate to be ******, but all these anwers could be found on Google. I say this all the time but if you're too lazy to put in the time and effort to research this stuff, then you're clearly too lazy to make any sort of change in your diet, etc.

www.thedailyplate.com

14. rspike

rspike Karting

May 5, 2007
    queens ny
    Full Name:
    bobby
    don't think you hated to say it , was that really necessary? Didn't know about that site anyway glad I could provide you an opportunity to fufill
    you're need . Maybe you should try some self restraint next time .

15. DJS

DJS Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    It's not necessary, sounds to me like someone has a chip on their shoulder. If you can't contribute positively to a simple question, don't say anything.

I would echo what others have said here, lean meats, fish and vegetables. Almonds and fruit for snacks. Cut down on the sugar - you'll be surprised how much of a difference you'll notice just by upping your water intake and cutting out sodas.

Best of luck with your goals.

16. rspike

rspike Karting

May 5, 2007
    queens ny
    Full Name:
    bobby
    thank you !

17. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    #17 nerd, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    Here is what worked for me:

1. Don't eat garbage. In general, don't eat restaurant food as it is loaded with sugar and fat that isn't obvious. Don't drink sodas. Don't eat foods like candy and doughnuts you know you'll regret 20 minutes later.

2. Aerobic exercise is critical, not only to burn more calories, but to crank-up your metabolism. If you are inactive, start by walking every day and work up to 2-5 miles a day. Add strenuous hiking (lots of uphill) and running if you can. Swimming is better, but you'll need a structured class to really get a work-out.

3. Eat a variety of foods, all in moderation. Lots of vegetables and fruits. Lean meats are OK too. I love carbohydrates (baked goods, pasta, etc.) and that just means I run more hours. The fact we cook almost all of our food helps a lot!

Lost 20lbs and have kept it off for years, but had to change my diet and lifestyle.

My wife started swimming 18 months ago and turned into a fiend. She's competing in her first sprint triathlon in 2 weeks.

18. rspike

rspike Karting

May 5, 2007
    queens ny
    Full Name:
    bobby
    Lost 10 lbs so far

19. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

20. larz1

larz1 Karting

Mar 4, 2010
    My first question would be "What are you eating now?"
    If your present diet is packing on the pounds you need to look at the general content of your diet, finding what is working against you, and substitute those portions with something more in keeping with your metabolism. One mans "miracle diet" may be the next guys death sentence, so break you diet down into its pieces to find a starting point for fine tuning.

21. rspike

rspike Karting

May 5, 2007
    queens ny
    Full Name:
    bobby
    I'm just shy of 6ft @ 295lbs , I'm eating better now think it took a while to kick in lost about 9.5 lbs so far .That site mydailyplate.com has really helped me ,once you see a caloric value you pay more attention too what and how much you eat .When I started I would eat too much of every thing even if it was good ie salmon etc..till I felt full as I did before .

22. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I just cut all extra salt out of my diet and started drinking a gallon of water a day again

The salt issue sounds bad but I'm used to it already.

a gallon of water takes an hour or so to drink then you need to be close to a bathroom for another hour but it definately helps drop weight fast

23. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    A gallon of water?? That's a lot!! Just exercise and eat healthy and you will be fine.

24. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    Yea, I agree with Zack. A gallon of water is a heck of a lot, probably not enough to kill you, but enough to not make you feel too well.

25. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    No, its not that big a deal. If its chilled its a lot easier to drink. I feel fine later, just have to pee alot. It washes out lots of fat which is great.