458 - What to pay for 2015 458 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 What to pay for 2015 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by slvr993, Oct 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    IMO, most are poorly specced. I have also noticed the well specced stuff seems to move, regardless of mileage.

dustman and Clay512TR like this.
  2. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    There is a world of difference between a car with a lot of options vs. a plain base model. I was looking at a 2014 458 for $189K and decided on a 2011 458 for $179K. The 2011 was a much nicer car, had 3K less miles, was not reprogramed for the exhaust and just a much more impressive car. The 2011 had a ton of carbon fiber which made it look better, the front end lift, and 3M clear wrap over the whole front of the car. It was not about the $10K difference in price, it was about the car. The 2014 was just a plain Jane base model.

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have not heard Ferrari's called plain jane very often, but I understand your thoughts. I see that stuff mostly as a distraction from the car, but I'm not like the rest of you. The 458 spider I just bought does not have a lot of options or CF, but all my other Ferrari's did (not to mention the all of CF in the cars I've owned like the 4C and the i8). I think I am past the CF thing, and as long as my ears can hear the Dead (I will likely need Mike's at SA for that), I am fine. I bought my car because it was a one owner local car sold a serviced by my dealer, and it is in amazing shape. Cars sit for a lot of reasons, some people just want that one option with that one color combination, or the car has a story, the time of year, and the amount of cars for sale at that time. Most of my car purchases have been spur of the moment, but I always say this to first time Ferrari buyers. Get a car from a Ferrari dealer with a good history (Ferrari dealers don't have to share service records), and if possible a CPO car. You want your first Ferrari to be like a dream come true, not a nightmare.

randkin and jomarti1 like this.
  4. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    On a note about pricing and what is available, i noted on autotrader a 458 spider that had been posted since the beginning of the year with an expired carfax and stagnant price. It apparently had been sold a long time ago and they never removed the ad. It had me wondering, with such a small volume market, maybe some dealers are keeping old ads up to 1-spark inquires, 2-potentially inflate prices of a model in general for those of us that dont have access to actual sales data.

This is a helpful thread. Currently looking at blue spider, 2013, 13k miles and medium on the options, has shields and LED wheel. Dealer is getting it as a trade. I think they are wanting to get north of 210k on this. Im thinking thats a bit steep but have to see car still. Any thoughts? I know it really depends on many things. The interior is tan and "sensible" and i think its very good to great condition, maybe better. I think of blue as the color everyone loves but only a few actually buy. Maybe 195-200 is more appropriate?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Are you referring to the one in the FCHAT ads here, the blue 458 spider with tan racing for <$199k?

6. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    Nope different one from dealer. I know its very similar. Blair's car is far away and has racing seats that dont work for me.

7. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Does the car have a lift, full electric Daytona seats, bluetooth (some cars don't have it) etc. I think north of 210 is okay as long as it is a solid build, would probably need to see the full list of options to comment further. Feel free to PM me.

8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I rather spend three more months looking for another car than dealing with the owner.

AD211 likes this.