What was the first ferrari you owned? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What was the first ferrari you owned?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by bkaird1, Dec 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Simon, your black 328 B looks GREAT from the pic. I'd love to see some more of it. My first purchase is probably at least a few years off (maybe with some luck it won't be too long) and I'm trying to gather as much info on all of the models as I can. The 328 B looks like a good canidate. Good luck with your next purchase.

Brad

2. txhansen

txhansen Karting

Nov 30, 2003
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Rich Hansen
    My first F car was a 1980 GTSi black/tan that I bought in 1998 and sold in 2001. I went about 6 months looking at TRs and 348's and eventually went for a '94 Red/Tan Spider. Unlike most of you I found the 348 much funner to drive than the TR. I fit better, easier to drive, can be tossed around much better with (in my opinion) slightly less acceleration than the TR. Also, love driving in the open air. While I did track my 308 I decided to go with a Spec Miata for racing and keeping the Ferrari on the road. Compared with a number of posts I see here I feel like I drive the F-car like a little old man.

3. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    My first Ferrari was a Black '72 Dino 246 GTS, in 1992.
    It was beautiful, handled nicely, and sounded great!

4. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Thanks Brad
    Like I said, I need to get some more pics of the car. Its all a bit hectic at the mo' coming up to xmas, but hopefully I'll get round to taking some new shots next week. I'd highly recommend the 328 as a starter, its perhaps a little less temperamental than the 308 (although if I'm truthful the 308 remains one of my all time favourite cars). GTB or GTS is purely personal taste I've always loved the line of the GTB.

Hope you fulfill your dream soon...mines for sale BTW ;)
    See ya
    Simon

@anyone else
    I've heard that black 328GTB's are pretty unusual...lots of black GTS's
    but only a handful of GTB's. Anybody know?