What watch are you wearing today? | Page 297 | FerrariChat

What watch are you wearing today?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by VTChris, Sep 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    dm_n_stuff I just picked up a Titanium base Skyhawks AT (black face with orange detailing) while on a cruise with skip board credits. It took me a bunch of time to get it set up for home and travel use. Fortunately Citizens has good online manuals. The manual they give you is post it size and hard to use.

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Yup.

Took a little time, and my reading glasses :eek: to set the damn thing up, but I'm really liking it as my daily. Bullet proof, accurate as hell and ecologically friendly!! :D

I guess my "pilot eyes" (still 20-20 at age 61) aren't quite as good close up as they used to be.

D

4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    dm_n_stuff, I am thinking it may become my DD also. I have a Seiko power reserve I used a lot but the hour and minute hands were small and other dials/date hard to read so I am thinking Skyhawks may take on DD duties. I have other watches for weekend duties depending on events.

Interestingly enough to I also have a Pewter Merc CL55, I noticed your black CL. Great DD as well. Mine has 195,000 on the clock.

I also used to have excellent vision but now have to use readers and special glasses for other sports activities.

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Bought the Mercedes used with 48K miles on the clock, it is now my steal of a DD. At under $16K it's a great car. Not a lot of expenses yet, but who knows. Fingers crossed.

I've tried a couple different watches as my daily, the Citizen is at the top of the list now. The others have been passed on to my kids, who seem to enjoy them.

D

6. Dino246gts

Dino246gts Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2006
    There was one for sale on the Rolex forums a year ago for $6999. I think it's called "supply and lack of demand". I would find it hard to believe Chronoswiss ever sold one for $69K even in platinum with diamonds. There are a few for sale now on Chrono24 for around $12K.

This watch is a repeater. Only sounds when the button at the 10 o'clock position is pushed. You may be thinking of a sonnerie.

7. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo

Chronoswiss just isn't, for whatever reason, one of those favored "halo" brands among the watch cognoscenti. They make some stunning timepieces, absolutely beautiful design of dials and cases, and very good construction. They tend not to make their own movements, their watches are not very thin, and their movements are not nearly as highly decorated as some of the top brands, so that is part of the issue perhaps.

But I find some of them to be very pretty indeed. The delphis retrograde was one of my first "high end" watches. The quarter repeater is amazingly beautiful (repeaters are perhaps the most fragile of watches though -- they don't like to be dropped). The Chronoswiss regulateur watch and the chronoscope are stunning, and relative bargains.

Then there is case material. Mine is steel, which I prefer for a repeater or for a sonnerie. The one you posted is platinum, thus the high retail (the steel retails closer to $25-$30K I believe). That sale price appears to be a really good price if the watch is in good shape. The repeater tends to be the most expensive complication for those manufactures that make it, so this appears to be even better value based on that. But of course don't expect a Chronoswiss to resell like a Patek.

The quarter repeater only sounds when you depress the button. Most repeaters, quarter or minute, work this way.

k

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Rolex Daytona Everrose. Love the wear-it-and-forget-it indestructible ceramic bezel.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Drldcohen

Drldcohen Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Larry
    #7409 Drldcohen, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Sciotoboy

Sciotoboy Karting

Jan 26, 2014
    New Albany,Lake Nona
    Full Name:
    Kelly
    #7410 Sciotoboy, Jun 30, 2016
  11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I had a 047. Nice watch and very easy on the eyes.

12. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    #7412 albert328gts, Jun 30, 2016
    Today I was in a blue mood, took out the Cartier Tank Americain Chrono 18kt white gold with Blue Crocodile band and Deployment buckle. Like I said blue mood so took out the Blue Suede Ferragamo's to go with it. Now if I only had a TDF Blue Ferrari to go with it...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Albert - Come on nobody has shoes to match their watch band!

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  15. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Yeah, well what can I say other than if I had a TDF (any model) it would of been perfect :)

16. Jeanfrancois

Jeanfrancois Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Qatar/Dubai/Quebec
    #7416 Jeanfrancois, Jul 1, 2016
    My latest acquisition.

IWC Perpetual Calendar.

Love how it switched automatically to July 1st today while I have to change the date on all my other watches.

17. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Very nice! Congrats!

18. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    That is beautiful !

19. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
  20. Sciotoboy

Sciotoboy Karting

Jan 26, 2014
    New Albany,Lake Nona
    Full Name:
    Kelly
    #7420 Sciotoboy, Jul 1, 2016
  21. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #7421 dstacy, Jul 1, 2016
    Should be wearing my GMT (red, white, and blue) but tonight I'm wearing a Sub. The background is courtesy of a fellow Fchatter who I texted earlier; thanks again.

22. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    #7423 cwilson13, Jul 1, 2016
  23. Jeanfrancois

Jeanfrancois Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Qatar/Dubai/Quebec
    Really nice. Going to Tokyo next week. Will try to secure a Nautilus while I am there.

24. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Excellent - true classic!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk