What Will The Long Term Affects Of The Seemingly Limitless Bespoke Options Have On LaFerrari Values | FerrariChat

What Will The Long Term Affects Of The Seemingly Limitless Bespoke Options Have On LaFerrari Values

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Rossocorsa1, Dec 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Where choices were very limited on the 288 GTO, F40, F50 and Enzo (particularly with colors), the se

1. Help Values

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Harm Values

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Have No Impact

16 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Where choices were very limited on the 288 GTO, F40, F50 and Enzo (particularly with colors), the seemingly limitless options available for those who were fortunate enough to order a LaFerrari have created a remarkable rainbow of combinations. Will this help or harm the values of LaFerrari’s in the years and decades to come? Share your thoughts as well.

2. Az458

Az458 Karting

Apr 24, 2015
    I will put it very blunt. Red standard cars are in the low 3M while non Red cars such as whites blacks yellows etc are holding steadily at 3.7-4M. It seems as though the standard Red isn’t what these new buyers want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Taking your word for it (I have mot monitored the market that closely) I find that trend very interesting. I’m a classic red fan myself, but obviously the realm of tastes continues to grow more diverse. It will be interesting to watch how this evolves in the years to come.

4. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    There is a lot less customization in the LaFerraris than there is in the other special editions, such as the Speciale / Apertas and TDFs, mostly because it seems there were just fewer options available to the original owners of the LaFerraris.

Though, that might be a good thing, because there are a lot of, um, uniquely spec'd Speciales & TDFs out there.

5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

This may be true, though I have seen some pretty interesting LaFerrari specs. Hey, the owners obviously should have the right to select whatever they wish, but a part of me wishes that the factory would have limited the options to a very tasteful few as they did with the previous cars. At least to me, I think the supercars respresent something bigger in the overall significance of the brand.

ag512bbi likes this.
  6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    No, not really. The factory should maintain a certain standard of elegance. They do to a certain extent as they have refused some colours (i.e. pink).

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I suppose My statement was reflecting the obvious because they generally allow most customization. I actually agree with you.

8. manamarakurna

manamarakurna Rookie

Apr 16, 2017
    Speaking of options, does Ferrari offer fitting the lifting system afterwards to the LaFerrari, if it was not initially specced? Is that even technically possible?

9. duxz360

duxz360 Rookie

Nov 19, 2016
    No matter the spec and mileage of a LaFerrari ,its value will only continue to grow.

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Disagree. Next recession they'll drop again as people need cash. When the inevitable replacement comes that'll again have better technology, and as long as it keeps an NA V12, so I imagine LaFerrari values till take a hit then as well.

The ''it'll only ever go up'' statement is false for just about anything, and IMO that thinking signifies just before a bubble pops (I don't think current values of cars are a bubble per se, but a correction will happen)

11. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Yes, macro events of recession or depression hurt investment classes like classic cars; however, the added comment that a new Ferrari super car will hurt the resale price of the former Ferrari super car has not been the case. For example, La Ferrari coupe prices have not seemed to be hurt by the introduction of the La Ferrari Aperta. FXX prices have not been hurt by the FXXK.

The reason for this appears to me to be higher demand than production, well-known to Ferrari buyers, and product excellence.

Back to the premise or question of the thread, I don’t see how more costly customization would reduce price. When you look at standard cars you always ask the MSRP to see how loaded the car was. This is pretty standard at least in Ferrari and Porsche buying.

So, if a car is highly specced, I cannot see why that would negatively affect price. It has already been noted that premium paint jobs have been commanding higher prices. Further, if two identical exterior specs were together, but one had spent fifty thousand more inside the car, I believe that one would sell for more money.

The days of buying the most expensive cars in the world and being able only to option power windows or air conditioning are thankfully behind us.

12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Good points. To be clear - my point is specifically referencing specs that are more eccentric (such as color combinations, trim, wheel colors, livery schemes, etc.). At least in the case of the LaFerrari Aperta, it’s my understanding that the factory limited the color choices to three or four. My guess is, the factory had concerns about some of the odd configurations on LaFerrari coupes and F12 tdf’s and wanted to limit Aperta owners’ ability to spec anything crazy. Decades down get road, I believe some of the more oddly speced LaFerrari coupes and tdf’s may be less valued.

13. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    I remember reading on here that it was limited on the Aperta due to production constraints. Zanasi, who does the special paints for Ferrari was backed up quite a bit and I also think all the special paint jobs for the 70th cars clogged it up.

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

You may be correct. I can't say for certain. I was merely speculating.

15. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Depends how a car is done up. If the bespoke options are done in a tasteful fashion, it may help the values, whereas obviously the opposite would occur if you do something too far off the deep end.