What would be different in the car market if Ferrari never existed? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What would be different in the car market if Ferrari never existed?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ekasilicon, Feb 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    It's just a repeat of a bit of humor - an allanlambo quote.

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    If you wait till 105,000 miles to change the timing belt on your Nsx you will have big problems as they need to be replaced every 5 years, 60,000 miles. Also, Lotus timing belt change should of been free.

I disagree on your 1.5 analogy. The Lotus is far more car than the Nsx, in every way, even though your comparison is of a newer Nsx, and mine the older 3.0 .

3. Esprit

Esprit Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CA
    Allan-

The owners manual on my 2003 NSX says belt change at 105,000 miles. It has absolutely nothing else but oil changes till that 105K mark. Maybe it only applies to '03 + models... not sure....

While we're on analogies... I would say my Esprit is the "wild child" that never grows up and you can't always rely on and my NSX is the responsible adult that definately has the "wild child" within but can be boring at times. I seek one of these companions on differnt days... Depends on the mood...

Happy motoring!

EG-

4. billy89tr

billy89tr Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Why all the negativity on the Lotus--People who know about racing (grand prix,formula 1 and 2) know how much of contributing factor Lotus was --think ground effects, lightness, etc.etc. If Ferrari wasnt around it would be a toss up between Lotus and Porsche---The only problem with Lotus is that a bunch of mickey mouses are running the company. Anyway I have been a Lotus owner for the last 8 years-with no problems at all except a leaking cylinder liner in my V8-a problem not from design but from negligence. Other than that no problems whatsoever. How about in 1990 an Esprit put out 286 hp and from a 2.2L 4 cylinder. You guys have to put down the crack pipe. My Lotus will run circles around my 355 and any 360. If you want magazine racing--in a slippery, sloppy, rainy day- a sport350 managed 0-60 in4.4sec 9.9 to 100 and on to 12.9 in the 1/4. Just imagine dry--bone stock. Has there been problems with Lotus in the past-sure but dont think the Ferraris of past were bulletproof either.

5. billy89tr

billy89tr Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    #55 billy89tr, Feb 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As for an interior shot this is the only one I have of mine right now--it is covered from floor board to roof in leather or alcantara(sp suede), aluminum, and carbon fibre-top notch material--
    Image Unavailable, Please Login