What would you pay for this house? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What would you pay for this house?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Stackhouse, Jun 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
  2. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    I don't know how much I would pay for the house... But I know it would cost me a hell of a lot more time to maintain than I have.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Personally, I wouldn't pay a whole lot because I'm not interested in a a home that big. The older I get, the more I like smaller scale homes. If fact, if I had 10 acres (which I do), I'd build a family compound of bunglelows.

But in my neck of the woods, you can buy pretty rolling pasture land with pin oak trees for anywhere between $2k to $10k an acre. Building costs would run you about $70 a foot, unless you go nuts with upgrades.

How old is this home? Some folks enjoy speading every waking movement fiddle diddling around their home. Other folks, don't.

DrTax

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    OK, OK, OK.....TOO much buildup already. Just admit that you bought this house with $0 down and you couldn't have done it without the help of Carlton Sheets!

DL

6. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Just for Giggles if you were to buy this property based upon an imaginary visit which matched my description and the photo's. How much would you pay right now. Today! (If you had the $$)??

PD
    (yes I'm buying time. I'm in the middle of a project right now. And since there is a story involved with this home I want time to tell it when I have enough time. )

7. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    First, are you personally buying or selling this home? I don't want to say anything that would offend you...

8. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    $70 a square foot! Wow, that's nothing. You'd pay at least three times that here for really good quality worksmanship.

This house in PA, I don't know - 2, 2 and a half?

9. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    A couple more to tide you over...

10. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Is it bucks county?

11. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Don't worry about offending me! This house is an 8 out of 10. It needs some interior decorating help and a few touch-ups. You can move in today. Hell the lower level even has an english style PUB for all those F-chat parties!!!

PD

12. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    The fed land is inconsequential unless it is dedicated park land. IE, can not be sold or used for anything but park land. If it is just fed land that can be sold at anytime for just about any purpose, I can not see it... and better still would not allow it, to be a selling point.

With it as park, 8 mill

With as just surplus land, 4mill

13. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    This is dragging.............

I see fans in the window. No Central Air? Heat?

Deduct a Mill.

Whats the zipcode?

14. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    SORRY !!!
    I have to tell the story before I give you the price. But the Wife is calling and if she catches me on F-chat again...it's back to the DOG HOUSE!! I will be on later tonight to provide the SCOOP. I'm going to spend some time on the town with the Fam.

Out

PD (See you in about 4 hours)

15. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    Is this house like absurdly cheap? From the furtive way you are going about this, I would say this house is either really cheap or really overpriced.

As to how much this house would go for in my area... well, I live in Manhattan and my hole in the wall is over 1.7m so i'd say that would be 1.7b, lol. Why people want to live in the city is beyond me...

16. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

I'm guessing $800k. That house is old and my guess it that the entire thing will need to be refurbished. New plumbing, wiring, climate control, windows, insulation, fireplaces & roof will be major bucks to put right. From the back it looks like it was added on. I look forward to the story and asking price, the fed land is probably an Anthrax testing farm.

The ten acres also makes a big difference. If it were out in the woods near my house they would only add $5k, if it was the last parcel of 10 acre land in a northeast city, add $1M. Since it is so close to 200 acres of Fed Land I would guess it is not in a heavily populated area.

That house brand-new in my neighborhood nicely equipped would be $1.5-2M, just guessing. They probably are promoting it as a "handyman's dream", where it will actually be a money pit.

17. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

$30k in landscaping and they couldn't get rid of the grass in the freakin' driveway? I'm lowering my guess to $600k.

18. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    For you, I could go down to maybe $60 a foot...

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont like it ..so 5$ .

20. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The house looks like it needs a roof job and the brick on the outside is stained in some aeras. 2.5-3 million tops.

21. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    It could well be for sale for back taxes and be a legit 1-2 million for rehab, and then the heating bills would be $5000 per month. could be a real white elephant.

If it needs wiring, plumbing, heat and air etc it really could make your wallet bleed, not too different from an older Ferrari 2+2 that needs a total re-do.

22. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    THANKS FOR WAITING!!!
    Just got back home and now I have to get ready to pack up and head to the west coast! This humidity is killing me and the lil woman is having too many bad hair days! (CA Girl)

OK Nuff said...And now the rest of the story....

Several months ago I paid a visit to this estate to purchase a collection of books and ended up taking a tour for prospective buyers. I was impressed by its size and given it’s age it wasn’t in all that bad of shape. It did need some TLC but was livable. After the walkthrough I was informed that the estate of 10 acres and the home was to be auctioned off that day to the highest bidder. Looking around at the other two attendees I predicted a bleak outcome. The starting bid was $250K …. I will have to admit I was caught off guard and quite unprepared to throw together $250K (Or more) in a few hours on a Saturday. I declined the option to bid and sat out. Well I purchased my books and prepared to leave when I learned that the estate sold for $155,000!!! WTF !!! This one goes in my book along with the repossessed 328 with 20K miles Blk/Tan that sold the day before I arrived for $19K !!

Hell I would have bought this place and rented it out to some Film Studio to blow up or something!!

Anyway just wanted to share this story of the “Big One That Got Away!!”.

PD

23. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    See? You shoulda bought those tapes!! :D

DL