What's for Breakfast? | Page 10 | FerrariChat

What's for Breakfast?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by darth550, Feb 27, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The first time I ever made it I never even looked up any recipes. Just winged it. But yes basically the same thing. I dont do the yogurt thing.

Trying to get back into eating a little bit healthier again.

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I should note Tom that there are some recipes that sautee the veggies before cooking, which seems completely pointless and a waste of time. Unless you hate crunchy peppers.

4. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
  5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Got out the garage queen skillet for a Sunday spin. Eggs. Over VERY easy. My own patented fry/poaching method to make them the way the wife likes them - lily white, but cooked through. Add a little water to steam them. Topped with a slice of American cheese, the wife's favorite.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    T

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    A genuine American classic - SOS. I love it. Most likely it will never change. I am watching my weight. With that I requested just one shingle. Camp Swift - Elgin, Texas. Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    A lot of good eating in Elgin Texas. Barbecue, sausage, pie and now SOS.
    T

ralfabco likes this.
  8. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Protein bar, 5 hour energy, red bull and two cabbage rolls from last night. I'm a garbage truck.

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Major props!! I've never been a fan of big breakfasts - yogurt, fruit, and enough espresso/Turkish coffee to raise the dead, and I'm good to go. Except on mornings I drive the Ferrari - then I cut back on the caffeine cuz I won't need additional boost!
    T

10. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Love eggs, but mine are fried hard. Break the yolk, little salt, lots of fresh ground pepper. When plated add some hot sauce. Smokey habanero is best! Wife likes them over easy. I’ll ask her next time about American cheese on top. And the dogs each get a fried hard plain egg.

My usual go to is oatmeal with hot sauce. Patty LaBelle’s is one of my favorites with Tabasco. Smokey hot with that Tabasco fragrance! Gourmet oatmeal.

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ It's taken many years to get a recipe for eggs that my wife likes.

On the one hand, if there's any run in the yolk, she freaks. On the other, she doesn't like any brown bits on her eggs. Lube with butter, then plop two eggs down on a medium hot skillet, break the yolks. Reduce to simmer heat. Let the eggs cook a bit. Then add water to steam/poach. Add some American cheese. Melt that. Then remove eggs with a fish spatula, to help the excess water drip off.

Through practice I have it down to an art. Can usually whip up an order in 5 or 6 mins if I'm doing microwaveable bacon. About 10 if regular bacon.

T

12. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  14. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Up early as usual, 24F... brisk! Decided to stay outside and watch the sun come up the day break. Birds are busy. Lit a fire, coffee, and got a piece of pie - didn’t have room for it yesterday.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
  16. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
  17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Is yak mild enough for breakfast? Gamey? Do you spice it up?

May have to ask Santa for a crepe pan for Xmas!

T

18. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Mild and not gamey at all, Tom. I thought it made good breakfast. I didn't flavor with seasonings this first try- just salted after. I did add a very small dollop of bacon grease atop it, and then some aminos (similar to soy sauce) to the mushrroms it cooked with. It came out real moist, tender, and they say it’s sweeter, but sweet didn't register with me much. I suppose I would need to try it side by side with other meats to compare there. Price was on par with bison. I am going to write them and see where they are raised at. Grass fed.

19. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that's what we had! Jennie made chocolate blueberry waffles with eggs from our own chickens and breakfast sausage from a wild hog Mia shot. :)

21. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nice... think my farming days are over but chickens would be cool. Need to see if they’re allowed here. Stuck with gourmet Bisquick. My wife was out of her fancy Vermont syrup so she had to use my lowly Log Cabin. I want to make sausage sometime too.

22. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I’ve juiced a large mixing bowl and then some full of fruit and veggies. About two quarts and a half. It will supply more than breakfast.

23. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Regarding the Yak meat:

Received word back that they raised twenty head this year themselves.

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Which fruits and vegetables, Ron?
    T

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Small operation, sounds like. Friends of ours used to do likewise, but with cattle. The good cuts they sold to restaurants, and the cheaper cuts - like top sirloin (one of the cuts most commonly used for chicken fried steak ) - they let us have at cost. Now I'm hankering for CFS!!
    T