What's For Dinner? | Page 396 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My ground beef chili is never runny like hot dog chili. I think I feel like I'm eating stew instead of chili with the chuck. I even cut my recent batch into even smaller chunks and I just don't enjoy it. Although this batch was completely ruined by me and I'm throwing it out. Way too many onions and garlic, and I tried to add a bit of tomato paste too and I think that also helped make it worse. No matter the food, I don't care what recipes call for 1 onion, I've never used that much and I will fall back in line with my 1/4-1/2 onion. And I love onions.

tomc likes this.
  2. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I had Dairy Queen last night. Bacon cheeseburger, fries and sundae all for $7 bucks. Finally my cat scan appointment is here. Today at 3:45. I'll probably get out of the hospital around 5pm. A decent Japanese restaurant is close by, so I'll have sashimi and rolls for dinner.

3. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Keep us posted.

Dairy Queen is good occasionally for food other than blizzards. lol. If I remember they have decent tacos.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    DQ. I don't go much here, but I like the ones in New Mexico. You can get green chili on the burgers. Man, that's awesome!
    Best of luck w/ the cat scan, Max.

Tonight is chili. It's been simmering for 5 or so more hours today. Closing in on 10 hours total. May chuck in some red beans @ the end.
    Not sure. Wife got a block of cheddar @ Costco, so that likely to go on top. Dang, no Fritos in the house! :(
    T

5. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Saltines are my other option for chili. I love them just as much as fritos, it just provides a different type of flavor.

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's an idea! I stared for a long second at a bag of chicharrones, and thought. Hmm?!? Then, I wussed out!

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Dressed up with cheddar. Wish it was glow in the dark orange, but taste is excellent. Kerrygold, Irish cheese, from Costco.

T

arizonaitalian likes this.
  7. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Thanks...…. Now the wait for the doctors call with results. Sashimi and chopped scallop rolls was excellent.

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

T

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    TexasF355F1 likes this.
  10. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm not a fan of chicharrones. And I think they wouldn't hold up to the liquid.

11. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I kept it simple. Supposed to get high winds and snow storm today. It didn't happen. Got a rotisserie chicken and potato salad from a grocery store. Not as good as Costco.

12. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I was craving a very charred steak for some reason. Found this one at Don and Charlie’s a few blocks away. It was nearly uncooked inside (somewhere between raw and rare) and yet they got this much char!

ronfrohock, I.T. Guy and Streetsurfer like this.
  13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Holy moley! That baby is charred! I think IT Guy would call that a Pittsburgh steak?!?
    T

14. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    arizonaitalian and ronfrohock like this.
  15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Wow! I made veal saltimbocca for the wife last Valentine's Day (maybe the one before), and even my half-a$$ed attempt was pretty tasty. The one in your pic, Jason, beats mine by a country mile. I did not stuff it w/ cheese though. Something to remember for the next attempt...T

16. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I decided to stay in. Its 28 and very windy. Feels a lot colder with the wind chill. So made pesto linguine with leftover chicken added. My dog doesn't like being inside even in the cold. I think he's waiting for his girlfriend, she sometimes visits at night. Spent some time outside with him. Can't wait for spring and I can leave the sliding doors open, so he'll lay on the back deck.

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'm with ya Max - I cannot wait for spring!

Ham and lentil soup. Had a ham bone left over from a spiral ham the missus got at Costco. Covered in water, simmered for 3 hours. Cut the meat off the bone, strained the liquid. Added a turnip, celery, onion, garlic powder, S&P, and my secret ingredient, a dash of curry powder. Simmer for 2 hours, add a handful of lentils about an hour or so to go.
    Perfect for a cold and rainy night.

Light dinner of soup, salad and a cup of yogurt for dessert.

T

Streetsurfer likes this.
  18. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm not really familiar with saltimbocca, but after looking it up, it appears you have a combination of salitmbocca and veal paramagiana?

19. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If you drink regular non-diet colas, perhaps they contain high fructose corn syrup? HFCS is about 10% or so sweeter than cane sugar, so maybe that's why the latter tastes "diet"?!?

Pork butt looks good.

T

21. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I actually finished the bottle and it tasted a little better. I don't think it has to do with the sugar cane because I've had other sugar cane sodas and not much of a difference. Who knows. I'm just hoping this pork turns out okay.

22. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    We finally have the snow that hit Seattle. Despite the snow ran up to the Memphis Blues BBQ place for some ribs. Walmart is in the same mall and I need a TV. My 65 inch died, so bought a temp TV at Wally world.

23. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I've been staying in for the last couple days and cooking cold weather stuff. Made some cheddar/potato soup yesterday from a mix. Pretty tasty. Made mac and cheese with hamburger on Wednesday or maybe Thursday so have been eating leftovers of that.

Today threw a pot roast in the oven with onion, carrot, parsnip, and rutabaga. The house is smelling pretty good, it's been in a couple hours so far. Forgot potatoes the other day so grabbed a few small Yukon golds today on my snowpocalypse adventure and threw them in a separate pan with some butter/oil to cook up.

24. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That looks amazing. Getting harder and harder it seems to find veal.

My pot roast came out pretty good. Even the meat almost ended up sweet with the choice of veggies cooking with it. I thought about opening a bottle of wine but I hate wasting, I don't hardly ever drink any more, and I didn't want a whole bottle.

25. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I do not know!
    Except I need a fish and salad month soon lol.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

TexasF355F1 likes this.