What's For Dinner? | Page 728 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    We used to have a pappa murphy's near me, but it didn't last.

Their business model never made sense to me.

2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

They seem to be doing great in Rapid. We like them, basic and not overloaded. Reasonable splurge - for someone watching carbs.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  3. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
  4. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    arizonaitalian, NbyNW and Jdubbya like this.
  5. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    #18180 max930, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    Ended up getting my brother a pepperoni pizza and I had sushi with my dad. Ate too much. There was a Papa Murphy's in the same plaza as the Japanese restaurant. It went under.

6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Got some ling cod and halibut from a friend. Pan seared a piece of each up tonight. Roasted some veggies with lots of garlic in the oven. Little lemon juice in the pan to make a quick pan sauce and had a tasty dinner. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

arizonaitalian and NbyNW like this.
  7. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Wife made this very yummy Quiche, with roasted butternut squash and caramelized onions, and then the filling was eggs, sour cream, Irish white cheddar, Parmesan and thyme. Topped with some green onion.

Hands down the best quiche I’ve ever had. I’m going to ask her to make the same thing with potatoes in lieu of the squash.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Frank_C likes this.
  8. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Still thinking about my dinner options. Was going to have fish and chips, but decided I'll wait until tomorrow. 1 piece cod and chips are on special Mondays for $6.95. Maybe I'll do a calzone. Or maybe lasagna for a restaurant I want to try.

9. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    arizonaitalian and NbyNW like this.
  10. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Its pouring rain now and I don't feel like going out. Think I have some Alfredo sauce and linguine noodles. Also have shrimp in the freezer. Not the greatest dinner, but it will do.

11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    So, what's the deal with Pappa Murphys? They make the pizza, you cook it? How good are they. There are a few in DFW, but we've never been.

Sunday dinner was fried chicken and Jojos, potato logs. The missus and I took a Sunday drive in the country, & ended up near the Red River - the border with Oklahoma - and so we stopped at Brookshires, a local grocery chain, in the small town of Pottsboro. Every time we're near, we stop in for fried chicken and Jojos. Not sure who they have cooking back there, but it's always tasty.

Dinner for $5! Mr. Big Spender!

Two drummies each. Nice and crispy.

A jojo. It's a fried potato wedge. Should be crunchy on the outside, pillowy soft on the inside. They were a thing in Memphis when we lived there. This is the only place we've found in the Metroplex that does them almost as good.

T

12. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Serious fried chicken there!

That’s it for Papa Murphy’s… they make it and you cook it. Guess it’s nothing stellar compared to Chicago or other styles, but they’re consistent. Easy to pick up, stash in the fridge then cook when ready for a hot meal.

tomc likes this.
  13. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'm doing fish and chips. Monday they have cod and chips on special for $6.95. Buying my mom dinner too. Add 24 shrimp for $10 and 9 oysters for $9. Its a good deal and a good feast!

14. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I miss the (all too brief) days when @max930 had a camera phone :(

wax, max930 and Jdubbya like this.
  15. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    That looks so yummy. Well beyond my cooking ability (the chicken marsala anyways), but man, now I'm craving that.

16. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Back when I worked, I flew every week solid for 2 months, then 1 month in the office, then repeat the following quarter. And being based in the SF Bay area, that meant being a United customer, and that in turn meant transiting in Denver often (I had a home in Jackson hole and often changed planes there at the tail-end of business trips for a weekend in the mountains).

Anyways, when they opened the Elway's there I was so happy. In fact, I would schedule my flights and layovers so that I would be in DIA around dinner time. No joke the bartenders knew my name and drink and started pouring my martini as I walked towards their bar entrance with my suitcase rolling along behind me. I was there more Friday's in a month than not. Everything they made was fantastic. Ribeye with blackend seasoning. Lamb chops fondue. Burger. Heck, even their salads and Salmon were great. I used to meet my brother there as he changed planes and the two of us would drink far too many martinis in the bar and then head to Jackson Hole for a fly fishing weekend. Was funny to meet there so often.

Eventually I stopped working and thus stopped going thru DIA very much and my Elway's drinks and dinners ceased. I sorta missed it...err, nah. (I've flown enough for a few lifetimes, I'm over it)

NbyNW, wax and koisokok like this.
  17. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Great story! I did see the bartenders do take care of their regulars on first name basis . I used to love the Chop House way back for their grilled portabella mushroom appetizer. Tasted just like a steak . Over the years it just wasn't the same. Then Elways became the spot for me..

18. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Made some stuffed pablano peppers again. I forgot to buy the red sauce but added a bit of cream cheese to the stuffing to help keep it moist. Turned out pretty tasty. Had a couple serrano's so chopped them up and tossed 'em in the stuffing.

19. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Boss made chicken enchiladas and black bean salsa…..really fn good! Shame I’m working as an ice cold one would have made it perfect….

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

NbyNW, arizonaitalian and TexasF355F1 like this.
  20. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    The new fish and chips place I found was too busy last night. Tried another new to me place. Very disappointed. The oysters looked and tasted like they came from the frozen foods section at Costco. Won't go there again.

21. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Seriously crave worthy potatoes!

22. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    My old company was headquartered in Bloomfield. I flew in on a regular basis. Elways is a definite treat pre-flight! I wasn’t smart enough to book return travel to allow Elways time. I just wanted to get home :) Yes, I’ve waited in the McDonalds line :p

arizonaitalian likes this.
  23. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Had to run into Costco and there is a chicken place up the street. The cold chicken place. Got a few cold legs and breasts. With a potato salad as a side.

24. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    koisokok and NbyNW like this.
  25. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I order my groceries online for curbside pick up at the store. The other day, they gave me ground pork instead of beef by mistake. They gave me my ground beef and let me keep the pork. So now have a family pack of ground pork. Decided to make homemade spaghetti and meatballs with it for tonight.