What's For Dinner? | Page 774 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

brobin likes this.
  2. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Made beurre blanc sauce, Julia Childs, in the matfer carbon steel and the Vinegar took off my nice seasoning.....errrr....back to seasoning the pan. I should've caught that but didn't. Sigh.......

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Ouch. I did the same with a pasta dish that apparently had a few too many tomatoes in the sauce. On the bright side, when I stripped it down and re-seasoned it, it's been much better performing since then...T

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't mind them being a little tougher, they just have way more flavor and sometimes a little heat which I like. I've done them a couple different ways including microwaving the peppers for a few minutes before stuffing them. I just cut 'em in half lengthwise, gut 'em and lay them in the pan and stuff them that way. Once you put some cheese on they hold up pretty well.

I cook the meat first with some onion, garlic, and usually some mushrooms or something else for a bit of flavor. Then toss a little cheese or cream cheese, or this time all I had was sour cream so tossed that in with the cooked meat. Then stuff the peppers put in a baking dish and bake about 20-25 minutes. Tasty and pretty easy overall.

I usually do 2 peppers and overstuff 'em so that one half and maybe a salad or something to go with is a good meal. Or..I bought some low carb spinach toritllas which were surprisingly not bad, with the leftovers I heated them up then put some in a warmed tortilla and made a couple little stuffed poblano pepper burritos. :)

tomc likes this.
  5. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    finishing off the last of the veg-beef soup tonight. But made a quick pizza last night, got the crust extra crispy this time by flipping it once the top was brown and letting the new top brown too.

6. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    yes! alton brown says do that. brush dough with evoo, brown that side, brush top with evoo and flip, add toppings and cheese. I like a thin crispy crust pizza/flat bread. Anything thicker doesn't like my constituion so much.....

tomc likes this.
  7. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    This is a low carb crust too so if not cooked to crispy before topping and baking again they can be pretty soggy. This one got a bit dark around the edges but it was still better being that crispy.

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You like low carb and Costco, so you might like this article my wife just sent me. The chicken-crust pizza sounds interesting.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lost-40-pounds-keto-diet-143435529.html

T

9. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Hmmm, canned chicken? Not sure that would work without the eggs. I've done a casserole using fresh chicken and pizza toppings then just bake. It's not pizza but it's tasty.

I do like the fried riced cauliflower idea though. And a cute girl. :)

The crust I've been doing is just 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, couple tbsp cream cheese, melt in the microwave. Then I add a little olive oil instead of an egg, and 1/2 cup almond flour and 1/4 cup coconut flour.

Kind of a pain to get it all mixed up but once you do it's amazingly easy to roll out to pizza size between two sheets of parchment. Then like I said, bake for about 15 minutes, top and bake another 15 minutes or so and done! But I think I will do the flip and bake the crust a little longer from now on, that worked well for crispiness.

tomc likes this.
  10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #19335 Nospinzone, Jan 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022

Attached Files:

11. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Wait, what?!
    I scrub my mauviel clean every time (slaps forehead). Doh!!

That explains a lot.

Lol

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hot dog as an appetizer? Pure genius!
    Served on fine china no less.

Love the end cut of the prime rib roast. Has all the good herbs and spices.

Are you at Cavallino?

T

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    No, not attending, but I might try to do a sneak drive by. Its cloudy gloomy here in nearby Delray Beach.

14. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Left over pizza. Have a few slices of meat lovers and supreme left. Don't feel like Pizza for lunch. Or I might do a cheesesteak sandwich at Fatburger. Get a beer to wash it down.

15. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Tonight the menu was made by me for my fiance and was consisted of handmade wholemeal nuts, cream cheese, chopped tomatoes and cucumber, olive paste, olive oil, oregano, and Himalayan salt. The wine is new and its origin is from Australia, with a fruity taste, just great!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Looks very tasty. What are "handmade wholemeal nuts"? Thanks.

I'm going to fake Bouillabaisse with the ingredients I have handy.

T

NürScud likes this.
  17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Bouillabaise. Made sense to use the Mauviel!

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    No saffron so I used paprika.
    No fennel so I used tarragon for the licorice like flavor. Would have been better with more garlic, but I had only garlic powder at hand. The fish stock was made from the heads and bones of branzino I had in the freezer; I think that came out excellent.

Flavor was good though. Especially with garlic bread, a parmesan sprinkle over the soup and a little homemade cayenne powder for heat.

T

Raconteur, NürScud, Frank_C and 3 others like this.
  18. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Plenty. There is a thread or two with recs for PHX area in this forum, the travel forum and the silver section…

BrettC likes this.
  19. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
  20. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
  21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  22. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    The correct word to use is rusks, Greek rusks.

:)

tomc likes this.
  23. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Ketchup on fries is illegal here.................... Did left over pizza last night.

Tonight I'm making my breaded pork tenderloin dish over egg noodles and mushroom sauce. Need to go shopping for some ingredients soon.

tomc and arizonaitalian like this.
  24. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    NbyNW, Raconteur and TexasF355F1 like this.
  25. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ do they come frozen?