ManLife - What's Going On In Cuba? | FerrariChat

ManLife What's Going On In Cuba?

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by rob lay, Jul 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Interesting, based on the article the regime is really unstable. My impression is different, these types of regimes as long as the army follows orders can maintain power indefinitely, just look at VZ. To change regimes in Cuba imo it will take either the leadership choosing to do so, as Gorbachev did in Russia or Deklerk in South africa, or you need an external force like the USA in Iraq. True we saw yugoslavia come apart in the early 90s on its own, and thats a third remote possibility here. My bet is untill the regime decides to change, or the Us intervenes its not going to change. For sure the Cuban elites dont want change, and for the few bones they will need to throw to it, neither do the Chinese or Russians.

Now if some organization were running guns to cuba and arming the people, that would be a different story, but I dont see that happening on any scale, not with Dems in power..

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Overall this is a P&R topic, but ok, I'll bite :) Read the article, don't expect the UN to do anything. There will be a few token human rights groups that will collectively bring a bag of flour after a massive concert or some other empty social gesture dumb millennials can hashtag #nothelping that will line the pockets of everyone but the Cubans. We gave them the out, but they didn't take the bait. Expect it to be a proxy war in some form with whomever is whispering in their ear to ignore us.