What’s needed to convert from Daytona seats to Carbon Race Seats | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What’s needed to convert from Daytona seats to Carbon Race Seats

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Citadel, Apr 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brambleworth

Brambleworth Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2011
    NY
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Have your dealer request the proxy file before you get the seats shipped.

Not much room under the seat and my head is getting close to the roof.

2. Brambleworth

Brambleworth Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2011
    NY
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I just took a look under the seat. The ecu is 8L x 5.5W x 1.5H in inches. The 5.5W includes the plugs. The bucket under the butt section of the seat in about an inch off the floor. The section forward under the thighs is higher and maybe the ecu could mount there inside the slider handle, but it’s close. My seats have electric rake and heat and the wires come out the front of the butt bucket area and might interfere with the ecu mounting. Also my seat power wires come out of the carpet in the same central area. My dealer had everything out and said it was not possible as did another fchatter that posted pics like mine with the ecu in the back.

3. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    Thanks Brambleworth.
    I’ll ask the dealer to request the proxy file this week and see what happens.
    If they can’t get the proxy file, I will likely raise the seats about an inch with some spacers, than then try and fit the ECUs under the seats. I am not tall so headroom isn’t an issue.
    Sounds like with the seats installed like you have them, everything works except the telescoping steering wheel?

4. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    Do you know if I bought a used set of ECUs from a 458 with the same seat set up... could I use those ECUs under the carbon seats or do I need to use the exact ones from my 458?

5. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    @Brambleworth
    Any chance you can give me the name of your dealer? I wanted to ask about what other parts are needed for the install.

6. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

Thank you very much for this explanation- sounds like its a way too complex project to outfit a non race seat car with race seats..helped me make up my mind as i was thinking of finding a set of race seats to install in my 458