What's new(s)? Ferrari in periodicals. | Page 13 | FerrariChat

What's new(s)? Ferrari in periodicals.

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Dino2400, May 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Two different covers has been done by some other mags in the past, and we also publish two different covers for our magazine. One for subscribers, and different one for the Newsstands. We are not exactly a 'car' magazine, but it ALL is content automotive related, including articles on some Ferrari collectibles

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Me too. I don't subscribe to Octane because I don't want the rubbish subscriber covers and they wouldn't give the option of sending the standard covers. Some years ago, another magazine I subscribed to actually asked their subscribers if they wanted covers without the text and (from memory) they had less than a dozen positive replies and at least one (from me!) saying no.

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Rubbish? I much prefer the uncluttered subscriber covers. I don’t know why anybody would prefer what amounts to a truncated table of contents on the cover. Classic and Sports Car covers, for example, look a mess.

And I should amend my comment above…Cavallino magazine also uses what I refer to as “art covers.” Of course, that might change as they are apparently going to try to increase newsstand sales, which will probably mean cluttered covers and “lifestyle” articles.

4. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Actually I do find it useful to have some idea what is in a magazine without having to flick through 15 pages of adverts trying to work out where the contents page is. As well as that, the text is part of the design intended to draw you in. But my point is more that if a magazine wishes to have different covers they should ask their subscribers what they want and, ideally, give them the option.

Cavallino can use a single picture on the cover without text because that tells you pretty much what you're going to get inside.

5. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
  6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    This is crazy!!
    I was repeatedly told by Ben Horton, Hortons Motorbooks, who in the past used to send me Scuderia (Japan) magazine, that after issue 132 no further issues were published!! Now this is 137......
    When Andy Maassen was still with Horton's the subscription worked perfect. Too bad he has left.
    Does anybody know a good and reliable source where to purchase Scuderia (Japan) magazine?
    Thanks for all help.

Marcel Massini

7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I am still seeking the following two books and would be extremely grateful for any tips and information where to buy these. I live in Switzerland and many sites such as Amazon and others do NOT deliver to my country. Ready to pay premium!

Tony Merrick, UK.
    A Life Restoring & Racing Historic Cars.

Spencer Martin, AUS.
    Historic Ferrari and Grand Prix Cars.
    My Life by Spencer Martin.

Thanks for all help.
    Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ivo73 likes this.
  8. ChoroQ

ChoroQ Karting

Jan 20, 2014
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.C.
    Have you tried ordering from Amazon.jp?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/4777026647/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1657033336&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/4777026337/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3CL6ZGQNVXSSV&keywords=Scuderia+136&qid=1657033525&sprefix=scuderia+136,aps,241&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/4777026329/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1657033525&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/4777026310/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1657033525&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/4777025896/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1657033541&sr=8-1

Amazon Japan works a little bit differently than the other Amazons. Once registered they automatically calculate shipping costs and estimated customs duties; if in excess, they'll give you also money back.
    I just checked and they ship to Switzerland.

Let me know if this helps.

Nembo1777, Rosey and Jack-the-lad like this.
  9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  10. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    So appropriate that the Ferrari boys are featured on "The Hype Issue".

Lot's of hype, not so many solid results this year !!

LVP488 and SamoanAttorney like this.
  11. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    gt4me, Buchpilot and Zeltweg like this.
  13. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Great publication!

Buchpilot likes this.
  14. joejackson

joejackson Karting

Aug 18, 2006
    Muenster/Germany
    Full Name:
    Gert S
  15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The new November/December issue of Vintage Motorsport magazine has a nice 7-page article on the 1965 Le Mans-winning 250 LM, with text by Ted West and photos of the car inside and out. The issue also has an article about Mario Andretti's three IndyCar victories at Road America and coverage of the Monterey Motorsports Reunion and the Goodwood Revival. Sorry about the poor quality of the image.

ivo73, Buchpilot and gt4me like this.
  16. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Once again OCTANE magazine fails to deliver.
    After having had major delivery issues since May 2022, I now have still not received yet Octane magazine since September, October, November.
    Naturally I sent mails to these people. Here's one of their answers......

"Dear Customer,
    Thank you for your email, we acknowledge receipt and will be in contact shortly.
    Unfortunately, Royal Mail are currently set to take ongoing industrial action throughout October, November and early December, so you may experience slightly longer delivery times than normal. Please visit the Royal Mail Service Page Royal Mail Service Page for further information. We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.
    To order a new subscription, please visit our secure website www.motoringsubscriptions.co.uk. To renew or manage an existing subscription, please visit your customer portal at www.yoursubscription.co.uk
    We are aware that Royal Mail are experiencing delays, and this may affect the delivery of your magazine. We appreciate your patience during this period.
    Kind regards,
    Customer Care Team
    0330 333 9491"

Are these guys serious?
    I subscribe to four other British car magazines since many years as well and they all arrive timely and perfectly and without the slightest issue.
    It is ONLY OCTANE that doesn't seem to solve their delivery issues. WHY IS THAT? What the heck is going on at Octane?
    Octane, if you read this, WAKE UP!

Marcel Massini

jm2 likes this.
  17. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    It has been the same with the fabulous VANTAGE, the Aston Martin magazine published by Octane until recently. After Brexit, half the magazines did not arrive.

18. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    This is the same publisher that had delivery problems with Enzo.

19. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Unbelievable.
    And why do all the other British car mags arrive perfectly and on time? What the hell is going on with Octane?

Marcel Massini

20. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    Both Enzo and Vantage are (were) published by Octane.

It seems that the Enzo staff was transferred to the sister magazines after the magazine went stopped publication?

21. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Having NOT received Octane magazine for the last four months and after numerous mails and complaints I received today five issues all together in one package, albeit damaged, but they are here, finally. Better late than never.

Marcel Massini

ivo73 and Jack-the-lad like this.
  22. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thanks for showing the covers. I’m missing three now, 233-235. How about you other subscribers in the U.S?