What's new(s)? Ferrari in periodicals. | Page 20 | FerrariChat

What's new(s)? Ferrari in periodicals.

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Dino2400, May 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    Just another tree wasted.

2. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Well, the two stories about the 550 Maranello and the 250 SWB Aerodinamico in that issue have been nicely done.

It's just the Montezemolo "interview" which annoys me. And the second piece about Montezemolo in that issue is of utmost unimportance as well.

Considering the huge historical role he played at Ferrari in putting the company back on track, he would have deserved much better!

Natan Tazelaar and bloomberg like this.
  3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

He’s saving the good stuff for his book….not giving it away to a lifestyle magazine.

Nembo1777, jm2 and Buchpilot like this.
  4. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    And it's always been interesting as to what transpired and has never been addressed between he and Mr. Marchionne. Clash of egos?

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Don't be naive, did you really expect better from this mag?

Marcel Massini

6. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Hope never dies ... :(

jm2 likes this.
  7. Natan Tazelaar

Natan Tazelaar Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    Netherlands; Texas USA
    Full Name:
    Natan Tazelaar
    Thank you sir!

Natan

Buchpilot likes this.
  8. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Yesterday I received the latest issue of Magneto magazine. Within it mentions the recent acquisition of Octane magazine noting that it will henceforth be using much better quality paper and also, perhaps of particular interest here, "..the subscriptions service will be boosted, particularly in the US, where deliveries will be significantly quicker..." (no mention of Switzerland before anyone asks!). I look forward to reports here of whether things improve but at least they seem to recognize there is a problem and appear to be doing something about it. Unlike the previous owners.

Incidentally, it also says Octane and Magneto will be kept separate.

Jack-the-lad and Nembo1777 like this.
  9. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

My Octane deliveries have been pretty reliable over the past four months. By the way there was no mention of the acquisition in the Octane I received last month.

jm2 likes this.
  10. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    You will find it mentioned in the issue labelled March 2024 with the TVR cover (which, confusingly, will not be on sale in March).

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Most magazines name an issue after the month that follows the actual date of delivery; the issue coming out June 1 will be named July etc. one reason is to make sure the casual reader is certain he does not already have that issue when he looks at it at the newsstand.

12. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Yes, I expected that to happen. Even when things are running smoothly it takes about 30 days to get delivery in the US.

13. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes, I know why they do it in theory but it is complete nonsense. Actually, you have to ignore the date on the cover when you're in the shop because it is worse than useless. That is, if you can see it anyway as it is usually in such a miniscule font as to be practically illegible. Here is a recent (newsstand) Octane cover. The issue month is nice and obvious isn't it?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I'm sure you have seen it yourself but the date is bottom left in the white text under the orange band (a bit blurred in the photograph to make it harder to spot!)

14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Well if you use KGB tactics to blur, hide data and skewer the debate how can I respond;):D?!

15. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Landed today. I must admit, they appear to have solved their delivery issues. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Buchpilot and Jack-the-lad like this.
  16. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Yes mine arrived Monday. I wonder if the Swiss will ever get theirs?;)

jm2 likes this.
  17. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    You got mail on President’s Day?:eek:

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  18. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

#493 Jack-the-lad, Feb 21, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    Sorry. Must have been yesterday!:rolleyes: I did get an Amazon package delivered by USPS on Monday, though….I think the p.o’s contract with Amazon requires them to deliver on certain holidays.

jm2 likes this.
  19. Natan Tazelaar

Natan Tazelaar Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    Netherlands; Texas USA
    Full Name:
    Natan Tazelaar
    Well, I am not claiming my problems are of a Swiss magnitude and I am not even talking about Octane or Magneto, but The Road Rat made quite a mess of their logistics lately. At least in my case.

I had to contact them for a second time because my magazine did not arrive. In their defence, they handled it very professionally and shipped another magazine straight away including a track and trace code and that went well. The weird thing is though, I normally get a track and trace by default and in these two instances I did not, yet they told me "the shipment most have gotten lost..."

Anyway, as a writer I will always be a fan of paper magazines and The Road Rat do a great job.

Just out of curiosity. what do you guys think of Automobilsport Magazine? The one that is available in German and English.
    Side note as writer, their customer service is very good, they even contact you to ask if you ordered the right language based on your previous orders.

However, I'd love to talk to a few of their writers. Are any of them in F-Chat?

Natan

gt4me and jm2 like this.
  20. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

I received two copies of TRR and two copies of Magneto (for the second time). I’ll bet they use the fulfillment service. I like Automobilsport but only buy single issues depending in content.

Natan Tazelaar likes this.
  21. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    This is hilarious. I got 2 co-it’s of Road Rat. Wrote them and they responded immediately. Go figure.

22. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    ivo73, Buchpilot and Jack-the-lad like this.
  23. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Same here.

24. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

So, for years you don’t get any and now you get #250 before I get #249……:confused:o_O

25. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I did not get issue 250 but a friend of mine in L.A. got it.
    I didn't get any Octane mags since fall 2023. None.
    I usually have to buy copies at airports outside of Switzerland (the mag is not available at newsstands in Switzerland). Fortunately I jump in planes regularly.

Marcel Massini

Jack-the-lad likes this.