What’s the cost reupholster? | FerrariChat

What’s the cost reupholster?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by deshapiro, Dec 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    I’ve found so many 458’s that are so close to what I want. The problem is usually the choice in colors for the seats, sides and dash. There are some pretty weird color combos out there. Any idea how much it would cost at least reupholster the seats alone? I tried a search here and there. No luck.

BYW, I tried to edit the title to change it to actual English. No go.

Thanks
    David

2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Me also. Worry about non factory for resale?

3. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    It may shy away some people from purchasing... however if you take plenty of pictures and document the reason why it was reupholstered it will help. Also it depends on the quality of the finished product. It better look like factory. If it looks like crap you may have made things worst. Some people may want a reduction in price for the car not being original.

One option would be be to buy the seats you want and keep he originals for when you want to sell.

jbswiss likes this.
  4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    You would be much better off buying used seats and keeping the originals. I can say with first hand experience that a proper upholstery job for one seat is about $2k including hides. Yes you can do cheaper and more expensive even but this is for OEM quality work. If you buy used seats you are only parking your money as the seats will retain their value pretty well over time. Keeping the car original will be the best value proposition long term.

Afonsolaw and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Either that or just spend the money for the car that you really want.

boobernackle, LVP488 and Bas like this.
  6. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    458 Italia and Spyder are very plentiful. Unless you are looking for a really rare interior combo, you should definitely be able to find one to your liking as long as you are willing to travel.

7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Does Ferrari sell as a spare part ??

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I agree...with so many made a well documented retrim (i.e. showing there was no damage) won't make the care unsalable. If anything, if the trim was done properly and in desirable colours it might not affect resale at all.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Agree. Also, if it’s carbon fiber racing seats you want, they are the same in the 488. You can likely order them from a dealer. Keep the originals. Nothing can replace originality.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  10. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Cost should be higher than the balls on a giraffe. :)

boobernackle and Afonsolaw like this.
  11. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    The fact is that I do want the racing seats. If I could find what I want, either yellow with black seats or red with tan racing seats, I’d be all over them.

David

12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

That isn't very unusual. Be patient. The combination will pop-up if it's not already out there.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  13. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    They are out there... just at a premium