What's the current premium for new delivery 430 F1 Spiders? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What's the current premium for new delivery 430 F1 Spiders?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Bluehinder, Jun 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    This is my first Ferrari, and I will enjoy it!

This may be wishfull thinking since I now own one, but once the bear market ends, and the 430 replacement is priced higher than the current, the market will reprice the 430 market higher. The California will now be the entry level car, and a GT at that.

2. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Congratulations, Chris! I'm sorry we didn't have a car for you but I'm glad you FINALLY have scratched that Ferrari itch :) Randy in our parts dept told me he's sending you a little care package for the car :)

3. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Bluehinder, I think that is wishful thinking. The 430, 360, and 355 will keep dropping in price for about 18-20 years after production stops on each of them. Once they hit bottom they will slowly creep up tied to the newest car prices at that time. That is the history for the mass produced F cars. They will each someday be the entry level Ferrari for a generation of Ferrari owners. The seed has been planted in some teenager that you passed on the freeway. In 2030 he will buy a decent 360 for 80-90 and a 430 for 105-130. Hopefully fossil fuel will still be legal.
    Enjoy your car,
    Dave

4. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    Oh, I agree with that, I only meant in the short term. Although, if any company goes 100% electric, we may find ourselves with a collectable. I already think less of Porsche.

5. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    In a normal economy you would see a small spike for a short time when the replacement comes out. In todays market I don't think that will happen. It is downhill from here. Money will be tight for a few years. The days of big premiums for slightly used cars throughout their production is coming to an end except for the guy who has to have the first one. He will keep getting ripped off but has enough money that he doesn't care. He is not on the list but wants to play the game.

6. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    You have much to learn, Napolis is correct.
    How many F430 Spyders they make? thousands?

Supply and demands

7. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    no sh*t prices have come down, LOL. it's a car, it depreciates. but a couple deals in the whole country where john nobody walked into a dealer and paid MSRP does not make the entire market just like if someone paid $100k over that doesn't make the entire market either.

to bluehinder, enjoy the car! leave the hyperanalyzing of ferrari prices to the fchat "experts" :)

8. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    New Ferrari supply is now increasing - especially with the california
    New Ferrari demand is slowly decreasing - for a variety of reasons including economic effects on buyers

f430s/599s/californias will probably regularly sell for msrp or slighly lower a la the 612 in the coming years.
    That's still not a bad deal for Ferrari since msrp is so high to begin with.