What's the deal with maranelloman? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What's the deal with maranelloman?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by matteo, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Maybe it wasn't a specific incident, and was more like an honorary lifetime achievment award.

2. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    I hear through the grapevine that's going to be called the "AllanLambo Honorary Trolling Lifetime Achievement Award". :D

3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    mike550
    Formula Junior
    Banned User

'Tis a sad day.

I like to think of it like the winner's circle. Like Darth's tag line, never open your mouth 'til you know...

4. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    He didn't change his avatar.
    Der!

PS: Ryan, I still haven't gotten my PM. If I don't have it by feeding time I am going to be fussy!

5. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    They were banned for personal attacks of a fellow user. If that is allowed in other forums and you want to be subjected to that, I guess you need to post on other boards. If you want to have an adult like conversation with grown-ups you can accept that people have different opinions and political views and can freely discuss those. I would say this is the "american way"!
    The moderator that banned them has neither a personal reason, nor did anything out of the ordinary. I would have handled the situation entirely different and would have imposed a much longer ban on the repeat offending user. If at all, this was handled a bit too lax. (this my opinion as a fellow moderator)

6. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C

Ok, I'm still new here, but I could have sworn I've read personal attacks on members by other users that were not banned. When I read his recent post, I don't see any personal attacks. Maybe they were PM's.
    I think it is good to have rules and moderators in this type of forum. This is the first and only chat room I have ever been to, so I am still learning how things work.
    All I know is Maranelloman has been very gracious to me and others here in Austin.

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

MM is a good guy, but he has an axe to grind on Art, and sometimes it gets a little out of hand. I guess that was the case here.

I don't think a single offense will get you banned, but Dave's consistent attacks on Art apear to have caught the attention of the mods.

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ...except if it were the other way around!

You're so FOS!

DL

9. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Should be permanent. Too bad it wasn't.

Art

10. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C

I guess that wasn't personal.

11. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Now we know which kid on the schoolyard ran and hid behind a teacher before responding to a challenge!

DL

12. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Are you referring to me or Art?

13. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I don't know you....

DL

14. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Come on Art, Permanent? Besides the running feud between the two of you, the both of you are very helpful and have a lot of useful info to contribute to F-chat, Losing Dave for good just as losing you would not be a good thing for F-Chat. I agree something's have got out of hand and I just stay out of P&R to avoid it

15. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Art, my left wing loonie brother in arms.

Let it go.

Move on.

You need not take what MM says seriously, it'll just run up your BP. Life's too short.

Why don't you just stick the guy on ignore, and then do that. Ignore him. Eventually, just like a schoolyard bully, he'll move along to another target. Taunting only works when you get a reaction.

Dave M.

(Oh, and Dave, I'm not suggesting you are a schoolyard bully, just that sometimes your behavior mimics that of a schoolyard bully. I consider you one of the many fchat friends I just have not had the pleasure of meeting yet.)

16. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #41 wax, Apr 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    #42 whart, Apr 13, 2005
  18. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    MM banned? Did I miss a skirmish? Dave is a nice guy that makes a special effort to get Ferrari related activites organized in our area - I am sure he contributes far more to the Ferrari community than the majority of folks on this list... Shame - what's more I am going to miss his avatar...

19. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Martin, I'm calling you out. Since when have you been "adult like" and "grown-up?" :)

Dr "I'm only 22, and I don't mind dying" Who

20. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

Agreed.

Brie anyone ?

21. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#46 dm_n_stuff, Apr 13, 2005
  22. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #47 wax, Apr 13, 2005
  23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Agreed about Dave in person. I think he is great when it comes to hanging out with him and how he conducts himself off the internet. He is even cool most of the time on the internet. However, there is a reason he got voted '2004 Troll of the Year' out of 15,000 contestants! That is hard to do, but he did it. Remember that Art was up there in the top 10 too.

I think it is pathetic how some grown men (MM is a FCA chapter prez and Art a respected lawyer) act like kids on the internet. How long has this battle been going on? Get the **** over it! MM is an American Ferrari loving conservative and Art is an American Ferrari loving liberal. Lets go to WAR over that!!! :confused:

Oh, both of these bans were just temporary. Art has been banned lately too. Its not the end of the world for them, their "avatar" will be back, but maybe it shouldn't? Art and MM have both been banned at least 5 times separately and each time included how many warnings? It isn't a first occurrence for you newbies jumping in here.

24. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Lord knows that Dave doesn't need my help, or Art either. But I do think that F-Chat needs to come up with some bright-line rules for being banned. Art calls Dave names. Dave calls Art names. Personally, I find all this boring, but that's not the point. The real issue is what are the rules? Clearly anyone who threatens someone, either directly or indirectly, is beyond the pale. But what if I call someone an idiot or a POS or a dumbass? Have I stepped over the line?

Boy, I'm glad that I'm not a moderator.

Dale

25. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Oppressed Peoples of the world unite! Free MaranelloMan. I hope Dave knows that i put a call into Jesse Jackson. We will prevail!