What's the nicest interior, Ferrari or otherwise, you've ever seen? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What's the nicest interior, Ferrari or otherwise, you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ExcelsiorZ, Feb 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daviddavid

daviddavid Formula Junior

May 17, 2005
    #51 daviddavid, Mar 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. ferrariben430

ferrariben430 Karting

Oct 27, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben
    #52 ferrariben430, Mar 1, 2008
  3. bbshriver

bbshriver Karting

Feb 11, 2008
    #53 bbshriver, Mar 1, 2008
  4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  5. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    #55 308 GTB, Mar 1, 2008
    My 550 has the same color combination, 410SA. It's quite elegant (this picture was taken on the day I test drove the car. It was on its way for its major service).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas likes this.
  6. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    #56 Ferrarista3, Mar 3, 2008
    This would probably be my pick...it would be perfect for my taste if it had carbon fiber inserts. In fact, does anyone have pics of a 612 with such an interior (cuoio leather including the dash + steering wheel, daytona seats, carbon fibre inserts and possibly white/silver stitching)? Or perhaps I'm asking for too much? :D

7. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    To me the Koenigsegg looks too gimicky...not to mention the shifter looks like Bob Barkers old microphone from the Price is Right, and the controls ahead of it look like part of an old rotary telephone.
    The engine turned dashboards look good in really old vintage cars, but in modern cars it brings back memories of Trans Ams of the 1970's. For nostalia's sake its fun in the Trans AM but it just doesn't look good in modern cars that are over $150,000.

Also I'm a bit tired of the start button in most modern cars, a key does the trick. The reintroduction of the "start" button was novel when it first came out and an interesting tie to racers of the past. But few cars beyond Bentley, Ferrari, Maserati, and maybe Porsche have the predigree and racing heritage to make it not seem a bit silly. Now the start buttons are in Lexus cars. Adding extra steps to the start up procedure seems to go against the idea of making modern items more user friendly and less work. Even if some modern cars now have a keyless function whereby I can just have the key in my pocket and press the start button, has that saved me any time over a simple turn of a key?

I have to agree with Bullfighter, that the Daytonas and Dinos are among the most beautiful and functional interiors. For a very luxurious looking interior my vote would go to the old Maserati Quattroportes of the late 1970's early 80's.

Best regards,
    Dino

8. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Lol. I can see some generational differences here -- maybe I'm now officially pre-middle-aged, because I think the Pagani and Koenigseggsalad interiors are trying way too hard, almost to the point of being embarrassing to anyone outside the gold chain-and-medallion set.

The 612 interior posted above is tasteful -- not sure it's on my all-time favorites list, but 10 years from now it will still be a beautiful interior, albeit not as elegant as the vintage Ferraris. Interiors like the Lusso's and Dayona's are timeless. Pagani/Koenigsegg interiors are going to be something of a joke in 10 years. If those cars sold for $80K new, I don't think people would be fawning over the rotary dial controls, Tony Bennett microphone-styled shift lever, and leather done by a quilting bee on speed.

I also love those vintage racer interiors, but that's kind of a separate category from road cars.

9. ferrariben430

ferrariben430 Karting

Oct 27, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Thanks to all who have shared their opinions about the Koenigsegg CCX interior. However, when compared to the Pagani interior, the CCX seems to be very functional, and modern with none of the classical switches that we have seen in the Spyker and the Pagani interiors. While the gear shifter does look a bit like a microphone, it does look very solid and beefy, just like the car which requires an immense amount of work to drive it properly. The CCX's interior suits the car, one that is both ultra modern and solidly built.

10. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I respect your opinion, and you seem like a well-spoken guy. I'd agree the CCX doesn't look as over-the-top as the Zonda, but I also suspect your tastes in cars only go back a few years in what has been an unfortunate era for car design (even for Ferrari).

I realize this is just one of those 'toss your opinion out and post pics' threads, but you do owe it to yourself as a young car enthusiast to see, in person, some of the others mentioned. Time judges all fashion, and there's a restraint and level of craftsmanship in many of them (Daytona, Dino, old Bugattis, old Maybachs, etc.) that puts all of our modern interiors to shame. In the same way the navy blue worsted suit outlived the leisure suit, I think you'll see interiors like the Dino's age more gracefully than the current pinball machine interiors.

11. XJR-15 RACER

XJR-15 RACER Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Mike K
  12. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    Not sure if it was mentioned but I like the c8 Spyker interior.

13. ferrariben430

ferrariben430 Karting

Oct 27, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I must admit that I agree with you, Bullfighter, being born in era that is full of modern electronic trickery means that I have not been able to fully appreciate the beauty of interiors of cars like the ones you mention. I respect your opinion very much so thank you.

14. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    Is there a purpose to the RR Dropheads suicide doors besides just looking cool?

15. ferrariben430

ferrariben430 Karting

Oct 27, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I believe that Rolls Royce is trying to bring back the elegance of the suicide doors that used to be featured on cars many moons ago, but they do look good now.

16. silver02ws6

silver02ws6 Rookie

Sep 4, 2005
    Steel City
  17. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I really like the Zonda interior in the first post, probably because it is all red.

18. Jamtek

Jamtek Karting

Feb 3, 2008
    NH
    Full Name:
    James
    #68 Jamtek, Mar 4, 2008
    Without question, the most beautiful interior I have ever seen.

If anyone caught the Museum of Fine Art in Boston's exhibit of Ralph Lauren's collection, his 1938 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic was amazing--and the interior was breathtaking!

19. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    #69 wetpet, Mar 4, 2008
    Boomhauer likes this.
  20. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Jas' old 612.

Excellent choice. :)

21. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
  22. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What's with the vintage telephone in the driver's footwell? :confused:

23. Fastpants

Fastpants Karting

Jan 24, 2006
    South Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    #73 Fastpants, Mar 5, 2008
  24. abbyhepkat

abbyhepkat Rookie

May 28, 2004
    #74 abbyhepkat, Mar 6, 2008
    Catondrugs likes this.
  25. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    #75 Ferrarista3, Apr 20, 2008
    I love this 612's interior. In cuoio it would perfect for my tastes.

Btw, what color is it? It seems quite a bit darker than cuoio.