What's the situation in Portugal? | FerrariChat

What's the situation in Portugal?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by 3POINT8, Aug 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    What are the restrictions around Portugal? I know they may be not allowing US travelers soon but for now are there restrictions in place due to COVID? I am looking at the standard tourist route, Porto, Lisbon, Algarve, etc.

Makuono likes this.
  2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    and if anyone has been through the airport in lisbon recently or has boots on the ground it would be awesome to know how everyday life and travel is over there. it appears most of the travel forums are shut down

6. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Returned last Saturday from a 6 week trip. Put about 2K miles on a little Peugeot rental.
    Cascais (Estoril), down to Algarve, up to Porto, back to Cascais. Nazare' just for the lighthouse shot, and a few excursions into the mountains.

Couldn't have been easier. Think the country is 85% vaccinated. Masks some places indoors; masks some places outdoors. Took our new pooch, he was welcome anywhere we wanted him to be. Food good to great...how's dinner for 2 w one glass of wine for €35 sound? incredibly easy country AFA beach access, parking, etc etc. Crime rate is negligible. Just an absolute delight. Wife got some tennis in in Estoril, and shopping pretty much everywhere.

Lisbon airport customs/immigration a cluster#&ck. Lines and lines of people...if you're worried about Wu flu this could be uncomfortable for you. Prob 1.5 hrs to clear w/o global entry. Only real PITA.

Spent the last 2 nights here...https://www.fortalezadoguincho.com/en

Incredible fauxtel...built on an old fort, looks like an old fort but probably built 60's and renovated 2x since. Cannot recommend it highly enough, but no pool/spa if that matters. Relais + Chateau, 1 star Michelin resto. Breakfast looking over the ocean and coast was delightful...just a nice finale to the trip.

Any specific questions hit me with a PM or ask em here. I pretty much loved every day and we may return to the Cascais area next summer for a longer stay.

VAF84 and Makuono like this.
  7. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Thank you so much! I will PM you some questions. I was really on the fence about going but this pushes me over the edge. So glad to hear you liked it your trip sounds amazing.

8. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    ok wow that hotel is insane and 260e a night? wow!

Makuono likes this.
  9. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Was less, and they loved our dog so much he stayed for free.
    It's after tourist season...my wife got a deal in August (at the height of tourist season) on booking.com that was much closer to €220

It'll be less expensive in the fall, and we only did the 2 nights there b/c we drove past it OTW to our favorite beach and were intrigued by it.

Mostly she booked one bdrm apartments at 125USD-150 a night.
    We like to drill down and live w the natives, do the local markets etc etc.

Makuono likes this.
  10. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Makuono likes this.
  11. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Sweet! I have an F12 so love the pic! I’ll Pm you a few questions. We are looking at going oct 15-25. Four nights Lisbon area four nights alvergre.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Still going?

13. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Yes I have tickets to leave Oct. 18. NYC Fred was a huge help and tipped the scales for me.

My wife's co-worker just got back from Portugal and said it was a blast and didn't run into any problems. No one really even check their paperwork.

omd78 likes this.
  14. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Great info!

Loved Portugal, wish we'd spent more time there than we planned for on our trip. Have fun!

Makuono likes this.
  15. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Great to hear you guys love Portugal. The history, gastronomy the people friendliness are second to none.

Since we are all drivers, I suggest you to discover the countryside. You will love the roads, scenery and incredible hospitality.

3POINT8 likes this.
  16. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Just got back. What a country! The people were great, the beaches were awesome, food was outstanding, the history fascinating.

I thought I took better pictures but apparently I am not a great photographer. I took a ton of videos but they all gave me motion sickness. Anyway I'll post a few.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Makuono and VAF84 like this.
  17. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Makuono likes this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I think I am going to make a trip there as well. If Youngkin doesn't win then maybe I move there.