What's this 70 454 Chevelle Re-Creation worth? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What's this 70 454 Chevelle Re-Creation worth?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by REMIX, Oct 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I miss one REMIX car thread and it's THE one.

Be glad there's no radio - the car might go "Christine" on you, ya know.

Not only is this going to put a smile on your face, and those who see you toolin' around - it's also going to help you, as you can use it as a sales tool.

Aside from attracting 'em like flies, when you're actually on the spot, selling American land or property, even that which isn't "perfect"... and before that moment when you know it's time to shut up [first guy to speaks, loses] - give him an illustration, using your American car.

See, you're selling American Land while driving an American Car that, through ups and downs, has appreciated. I'm not going to put words in your mouth, but, I think you'll not only not run off [potential] clients by driving something perceived as exotic, but, attract more... and sell more.

Just don't tell your rivals your sneaky plan.

Better print up more business cards.

2. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Thanks, Wax. That was excellent.

On Saturday, looking for a reason to drive, I dropped by a client's (soon to be) building. He and his family were inside cleaning up the place prior to closing. When I left, the family followed me outside before and they got to see it in all its shining glory. "My mom had one of these," my client said. The wife said "Nice". Their youngest boy (about 10 or 11) wanted to check out the speedometer to see how high it went. Nice folks. I'm not embarrassed by the car, rather I intend to take it next Friday to a showing and meet a new client there. My competitor will be there as well, but he won't get it. I'm very proud of this car. It was the right choice.

There WILL be another car thread around April. I will need a daily at that time. Hang tight.

RMX

3. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    As wax said this car opens up many new clients. To be honest if you enjoy other cars of this era head up to some shows meet new people and get your name out there. The car might be a great buisness decision for you in that aspect because a fellow car guy would rather buy a house or property from one of his car buddies then just some random guy. It looks like a very very nice car. I belive they have some era looking radios that are more modern then perhaps a nos(new old stock) unit.

4. REMIX

I kind of had that whole idea in the back of my mind prior. I deal solely in commercial property, so this could be a good ice breaker at car shows. Period radios are pricey. This vehicle apparently had the single dash speaker option...I wonder what that would sound like.

I agree it will probably be a good business tool. People will probably better remember the guy with the 1970 SS Chevelle than the guy with the 2004 SL 500.

RMX

5. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Remember the line from"Gone in 60 Seconds" when he was at the Ferrari dealership.

You are now a CONNOISSEUR!! :)

6. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    #56 DMC, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nice looking car! We were selling a real '70 LS-5 with A/C earlier this year, that one had only 34,000 miles and was a real time capsule, all original, never restored. A nice recreation like yours is much more fun, a lot less worry about screwing something up. The only other thing I'd do to your car (besides the front disc conversion) is change out the rear end. Not that you'll be taking it on any long trips but 4000 rpm at 70 gets old fast. Plus, if you're not drag racing you don't really need the gear, the 454 has plenty of torque for street driving. I'd tell you to have fun, but it sounds like you are. Now add a Vintage Air A/C system, and who needs another car? :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Oh - and by the way - for wax I would use either Meguiar's NXT or Meguiar's #26 high-tech yellow wax. If you want something that lasts longer and are willing to give up just a little bit of shine use Klasse All-inOne, you can then use a spray detailer between washes to boost the shine.

8. REMIX

I was browsing the Corvette forums and saw a lot of NXT lovers. I picked up a can of that today. Didn't get 'round to washing the car, the sun went down way too early. Tomorrow I plan on starting a thorough detail.

I have probably $200 in car care stuff all of the sudden. LOL.

Your LS5 is gorgeous. Did it sell? I might add air. The rear gears are definitely something I want to work on.

RMX

9. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Shaaaaweeeet!

Right down to the houndstooth tire cover.

Do some burnouts and a few lawn jobs while your at it.

Muscle cars are a blast.

10. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    How did I miss this thread?

Remix, those wheels are AWESOME!

Hope you enjoy dat hooptie in good health! Look on the bright side - if things don't work out in FL, you can just grow a mullet, don a wifebeater and move to Mississippi and nobody will know you're not a native ;)

For gears, you can probably get a whole pumpkin cheap and swap it out in a few hours easy.

11. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Not a lot of LS-5/LS-6's w/ stripe delete.... do you have any paper work for the car?

I'd have to look it up, but the LS-6 I have now which was my father's was stripe delete, yet it said nothing to that effect on the order sheet.

I'll get back....

12. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Just to be clear - that wasn't my Chevelle, we were selling it on consignment through the shop. The owner decided to pull back, it did not sell. He has full paper on the car - MSO, bill of sale, POP, build sheet. It's an original stripe delete car, plus no cowl induction. Although from what I understand, technically it's not a "stripe delete" because if you didn't order the cowl induction you did not get the stripes. If you did order cowl induction, it came with the stripes and then you could order it without stripes.

13. REMIX

Looks like there may be some upcoming legal issues with the sale of this car. Maybe not. I'm sideways with Woodside right now, they're saying they won't fund it. Dealer signed off. I signed off. I obviously have the vehicle and signed sale documents. In FL you don't get title 'til the lien is satisfied, so no, I do not have physical possession of the title.

Talked to my lawyer. Don't use the vehicle at all is his advice. Stay tuned. I will report when it's settled one way or another.

RMX

14. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Wow, thats absurd. Good luck, it should end in your favor. HOpefully.

15. REMIX

#65 REMIX, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
    All settled. Woodside = azzholes. I got a better rate and no prepay from Grow Federal Credit Union. Actually, a full 3% less.

Short version: Woodside told me today - in a very snotty manner - "you need another $7,500 or else we won't write the loan..." I told him I "wasn't comfortable" with that and that their interest rate was "less than stellar". This guy, Brad, was just a real jerk. They have real balls charging what they do and asking for the kinds of things they ask for. I was going to get a cashier's check from my bank in the morning when they dealership called, very apologetically, and said they had a better lender.

I can tell you I intend to buy more cars in the future and I will make it a point to let people know how rude Woodside was and will never use them. It's one thing to say "sorry, no", but another to be a rude jerk and imply the customer is lying. One of the things he said was "considering the industry you're in, we don't want to write you." WTF? I'm fine. Jeebus. I even offered to show them proof of funds. "We don't care." Well, they should. My income means zippo if I, for some reason, cannot work any more. The finance manager was just shocked by Woodside's attitude.

This dealership says they won't be relying on Woodside after this. Clearly there are way better lenders out there who will loan on classics.

RMX

16. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I am glad the dealership stood up and found another lender for you. It was the right thing to do. Word of mouth advertising is the best way to get the word out about anything good or bad and I believe that if you tell the right people and the dealership stops giving them their business it will hurt them more than they realize. I hope so.

Enjoy the car...............

17. REMIX

#67 REMIX, Nov 8, 2008
    I spent the last few nights detailing her. Here are the pics. :)

It needs a clay bar treatment. I used ScratchX on the skunk stripes to get rid of the swirls (got rid of 90% of them) in the clearcoat and the Megs NXT V2 on the paint. I'll bet with proper prep it will just sparkle. The rims took an hour with Megs aluminum polish.

I am going to order some P21S 100% carnauba - that stuff gets a lot of rave reviews. NXT isn't so bad, though. I ordered a car cover for it for when it's in the garage.

I need a name for the beast.

RMX

18. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Looking good. Now go do some smoky burnouts so you can get rid of those cheap-ass Korean tires and put some good amurrican Goodyears on it. :)

19. REMIX

#69 REMIX, Nov 8, 2008
    I'd never heard of this brand before...call me nuts, but I'm seriously thinking of buying a set of original rims with a set of Firestone Wide Oval OEM reproduction tires and putting some factory springs on this thing. I like the rims, they look cool, but I wouldn't complain if it were back to looking like it was original.

I suppose I could do all that for under $1,500.

Anyone else agree?

RMX

20. hotrod406

hotrod406 Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2007
    Grand rapids area,MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The wheel change is up to you but I wouldn't lift the car any. Mildly lowered classics look great.

Not feeling the fuzzy dice though, you're not DJ Jazzy Remix ;)

21. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    I agree that taking it back to the original look is a good thing.

22. REMIX

It could be original ride height now...the larger size rear ties could be throwing my judgment off a bit. Would have to get a set of factory rims/tires and see. When I look at it, it just seems lowered for some reason.

Yeah, the fuzzy dice probably need to get lost. :)

RMX

23. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I don't have a strong opinion either way. I like the original look, also like the modern Torq Thrusts that are on it now. Since it's a recreation I wouldn't have a strong desire to put original rims and tires on it, but it's totally up to you. I think the polished rims dress it up a bit and are semi-period correct. The look is right, just the rim size is off for the era.

24. hotrod406

hotrod406 Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2007
    Grand rapids area,MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The original tires were probably around 26-26.5 inches tall. I bet what's on there now is about the same.

25. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #75 CMY, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
    100%.. A buddy had a real one (4-speed) and I love the original look.